The Lord Of The Rings General Discussion Thread

Faleel

I liked The Lovely Bones well enough. Not amazing or groundbreaking, but it was put together well and tugged at my heartstrings a bit.

I think it got some sort of acting nomination, too - maybe Stanley Tucci?

Christopher Plummer would have made a fine Gandalf. But I understand that we didn't want to be committed to a multi-year enterprise like that. And now he has paid the price. :P

Most people didn't seem to like The Lovely Bones, although I think a lot of that is in comparison to the book.

I really liked it - for all its flaws if was effective for me in telling the central tragic story.

Most people didn't seem to like The Lovely Bones, although I think a lot of that is in comparison to the book.

I really liked it - for all its flaws if was effective for me in telling the central tragic story.

Ha! That's the same opinion as I have of the Hobbit!

Well the whole story of the adapting and filming of The Hobbit is very tragic indeed!

:rimshot:

• 1 month later...

Wouldn't this kind of darker, tragic take be more in Howard Shore's usual style? ;)

1:46 sounds like that detuned string technique they used to make Smaug's theme's less melodic.

That is because this piece was digitally pitch shifted in parts to change the scale

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Lying fucker. I bet he just auditioned for it and didn't get it. Then again, Stuart Townsend is a pretty shit actor so it's possible (and this is coming from someone who actually likes Cage - obviously he would have been completely miscast here).

That image actually made me physically sick, a bit. Ewwww. What terrible prospect.

Viggo was a piece of serendipitous nigh perfect casting.