Maestro (Bradley Cooper 2023) formerly Steven Spielberg's Possible Leonard Bernstein Biopic

2 hours ago, Gabriel Bezerra said:

What did you all think of the movie?

I saw it. It is very well acted (Carey Mulligan is incredible), but it is rather hollow. Also, if you had no idea who Bernstein was before seeing it, I imagine you would be a bit lost at some points. 

I think it's a very strong film about a marriage and all the different ups and downs that belong with these two people.

Cooper & Mulligan are fantastic. Especially Mulligan. She is the heart of the film and she made a huge impact.

As a biopic of Bernstein it's a lesser film. It doesn't teach you anything about why Bernstein was so big and highly regarded in what he does. Or how he came to that place.

Personally, I think it's a good film, but I don't think it's the film a lot of people expected when they heard a Leonard Bernstein biopic was being made.

• 1 month later...

I just learned that the OST of the movie includes some dialogues from the film.

Whaaaattt???

Including dialogue on a soundtrack is an unforgivable lapse of taste. It may have been a trend in the last century when, after a film's theatrical release, one only had the chance to watch it again when it aired on television. However, this practice should be abolished. Now, if people want to watch the film, it is available on any platform, and if they want to listen to the music, they should be able to do so without the clutter of dialogue.

On 17/08/2023 at 12:10 AM, iamleyeti said:

You see him briefly touch another man… I guess they are going to talk about this.

Honestly, the nose thing is quite jarring… and I'm a bit afraid about how they talk about his homosexuality… But I'll be very curious to see the movie. It looks gorgeous.

Not to worry.

It deals with his sexuality unambiguously.

On 25/01/2022 at 11:42 AM, Jurassic Shark said:

I didn't know that. 

And you still  won't know it after watching the film😒

On 05/06/2022 at 7:16 PM, bruce marshall said:

Well....

he was not only the last of his kind but one of a kind.

He revolutionized theater with WSS and He was a huge celebrity who used his fame to advance the art of concert music.

He also transcended the classical and popular worlds like no other musician  of the twentieth century , e.g. he championed rock music as worthy of serious discussion.

Unfortunately, NONE of this is in MAESTRO😣