Brundlefly

New Jerry Goldsmith Projects in 2020?

It's either lossy, incomplete or lastly remastered before my date of birth, so I'm happy with complaining, until a proper and decently priced release will get to see the light of the day.

I'll wait for the inevitable expansion to finally check it out.  Worked great for The Swarm, I listened to the LLL release yesterday and really dug it

Note to @Brundlefly -- Morituri could be considered an expansion because it restores a minute of music which was micro-edited out of the FSM release due to too much wow/damage.

Also Intrada is releasing a Goldsmith PREMIERE (Take Her, She's Mine) in an hour or two, which is pretty exciting since I don't know how many of these we have left:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ard10psremh5c72/Number 12.mp3?dl=0

EDIT: More samples here on the purchase page:
http://store.intrada.com/s.nl/it.A/id.12179/.f?sc=13&category=22848

Goldsmith in Mancini mode! Lightweight bit of fluff, for sure, but fun and rather delightful. Jerry's second score for 20th Century Fox, considered lost and unsalvageable for over a decade and a half (read the Varese box liner notes).
EDIT: It seems that a bit of the score remained unsalvageable, but we still have gotten more ("nearly all") than we ever expected:
"There's only a handful of Goldsmith scores that have yet to be released in any form, and the music elements for this title were long thought damaged beyond use. But with advances in technology and the meticulous work of restoration expert Chris Malone, Intrada is able to present nearly all of Goldsmith's score in stereo. Malone had to restore the audio of each channel separately to get the wondrous results heard here. Rather than compromise the naturally wide instrumental spread, which was never intended for a stereo mix, Intrada also offers a mono presentation of the program as heard in the film."
http://www.intrada.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=8430

Yavar

@Brundlefly, to add to your 2020 list...

Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea "Jonah and the Whale" expansion by La-La Land!

And that's not all...according to Jeff Bond who produced this set,

I believe there are 13 scores included in the set and are presented as complete as we could make them, for about five hours worth of music. There were a couple of third season scores where only a couple cues survived but we included those because they comprised some very familiar music from the show. There's also a previously unknown main and end title by Jerry Goldsmith that was never used on the show--at least in this form. There should be a complete track list and samples up on the La-La-Land site soon.

https://filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?threadID=140523&forumID=1&archive=0

HOLY SHIT!!!

EaBRMa4VAAAmKSg?format=jpg&name=small

I for one can't wait to see a tracklist!
I reiterate: LOST (previously unknown to even exist) JERRY GOLDSMITH SCIENCE FICTION THEME TO BE PREMIERED ON THIS SET!!!

Yavar

Did Goldsmith score any other episodes besides Jonah and the Whale, which was in the GNP Irwin Allen boxset?

13 hours ago, Yavar Moradi said:

I reiterate: LOST (previously unknown to even exist) JERRY GOLDSMITH SCIENCE FICTION THEME TO BE PREMIERED ON THIS SET!!!

I presume since Jeff stipulated "a previously unknown main and end title by Jerry Goldsmith that was never used on the show--at least in this form" means it was tracked into an episode or multiple episodes as underscore, or at least part of it was.

9 hours ago, pete said:

Did Goldsmith score any other episodes besides Jonah and the Whale, which was in the GNP Irwin Allen boxset?

Nope, but that set did not present his score in complete form. I *think* for this LLL release they are including everything Goldsmith recorded for Voyage.

Yavar

On 1/12/2020 at 4:44 AM, Brundlefly said:

Voage to the Bottom of the Sea premiere release by La-La Land

Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea isn’t a premiere release. GNP previously released (on a single disc) Goldsmith’s sole effort for the series (“Jonah and the Whale”, the season two premiere which was the first series episode in color) along with the Sawtell pilot score. LLL included the latter unexpanded on their latest 4 CD box set (apparently the GNP program is all the music that survives from season one of the show...a shame since it included some excellent scores by Morton — not Leith — Stevens and Hugo Friedhofer), but the Goldsmith program they *were* able to expand by 5-6 minutes! That’s actually pretty significant considering the total length of the score. I think the GNP has about 18 minutes of his music.

Anyhow, I actually came back to bump this thread for the announcement of one of the most important totally unreleased Goldsmith feature film scores remaining:

image.jpeg

Coming from Intrada in August, COVID-allowing...

http://www.intrada.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=8521

This is a Universal score so I wonder if Mike Matessino worked on it.

Yavar

Do I love The Don Is Dead as much as I love High Velocity? No. But this new album in superb sound quality has totally made me a believer in this score, which I didn’t really click with before... anyone who would like to hear some for themselves can check out this special sneak peek podcast I did with Roger and Doug at Intrada:

http://goldsmithodyssey.buzzsprout.com/159614/5097955-odyssey-soundtrack-spotlight-the-don-is-dead-1973

6B69E0A4-B8F3-49AE-BC67-B51917C142EB.jpeg

Let me know what you guys think!

Yavar