First image from Episode III

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow! Actually, i like it! Look at the set! It looks like a 1977-esque star wars set. It looks similar to the death star. AND WHATS BETTER is that i don't see any blue screen! Is there a chance of redemption on GL's part? I hope so. I am very happy with this unexpected photo.

I have a hunch that the background is already composited in that shot. They can do a quick and dirty Blue Screen composite on the set for stage monitors while shooting to give the actor and director an idea of what the shot will look like when it's done.

But, you never know. Maybe the Aussie construction crew has been hard at work afterall...

So that is Hayden C, right?

I really like this image. I actually like his hair.... took me a bit by surprise. I love the Vaderesque glove and the Death Star looking background... :)

Hayden with long hair for the entire movie??? NOOOOOOOOOO!!! :) LOL :cry:

CYPHER - a little "torn" right now. Obviously.

And they started shooting at Fox Studios in Sydney on Monday. The main shoot lasts for 12 weeks and Georgie-boy finished the script a whole five days before the start of filming! I saw a picture of Lucas, McCallum, Hayden, Nat and Ewan looking all chummy and lounging about the set (yes real sets!!!) in the paper last week. Hayden definitely has longer hair than usual, though that picture may feature 'extensions' :)

CYPHER

(yes real sets!!!) :)  

The set as seen on the picture will only be made two weeks before the Episode III gets released. This joke was actually dead before it started. Now if the background was blue...

----------------

Alex Cremers

He looks like Frodo with a glove.

Acctually I think he looks more like Pippin. :(

Justin -Who wouldn't have a clue who it was unless someone said it. :)

I can't afford this hyperspace thing, and I've been hearing lots about the pregnant Padmé, I would do anything to see a picture of this. Could anyone be kind enough to post a picture?

His hair is no worse than Obi-Wan's mullet from ATOC, or Luke's 3 hairstyles from the original trilogy. Or even ROTJ'S Gen. Madine's(Spelling?) very odd cone shaped haircut.

-Mark, who thinks people didn't have great taste in hairstyles in that galaxy far far away.

I don't know, maybe its me, but that expression on his face looks fairly corny...........

I tried to look at it from all the positive sides that most of the posts here have but i keep seeing that fairly corny smile.... its almost freakish

Hey, what's with all the Hayden bashing? He can't help it if the hairdressers in Episode III have to atone for the sins of the 70s and 80s in order to achieve that 'streamlined' effect between the prequels and the originals ;). And Sarah, I certainly didn't fall for this whole Hyperspace thing but I would be surprised if there are actually pictures of a pregnant Padme available yet. Then again, if some one wants to prove me wrong ...

CYPHER

His hair is no worse than Obi-Wan's mullet from ATOC, or Luke's 3 hairstyles from the original trilogy. Or even ROTJ'S Gen. Madine's(Spelling?) very odd cone shaped haircut.  

Uhhh I am sorry but that is FAR worse than ANY hairstyle I have seen in ANY SW film.

I will have to maintain Jedi-like focus to keep from laughing my ass off during the next movie. As if this wasn't hard enough with the film's dialogue already practically making me want to burst out into fits of unintentional laughter. :)

I don't mind the new haircut. The shorter hair gave him a military look, which fitted with what he will become with time. But longer hair makes him look rebellious too.

I don't care what he looks, I care about what he does. He needs to be Vader-evil.

I don't mind the new haircut. The shorter hair gave him a military look, which fitted with what he will become with time. But longer hair makes him look rebellious too.

Well Mace Windu is a cool Jedi Master :roll: and he is totally shaven...

I would have opted for a 'lukeskywareish' haircut, if they really needed to put 70's hairstyles, which i think was not neccesary...

Anyway, it surely will be Pádme's doing.. a very influent girl she is... LOL

If they want long hair, they could also have put a quigonish style, that

way anakin could be honoring his talenthunter (sp?)

But Ross is right as long as he acts like a Vader-be, it should be fine.

I think his hair i much better that way.In AotC he looked to much like a "pretty boy" that spends too much time styling his hair for a Jedi.

K.M.

It makes him look like a burnout rebel.

That's why it's suitable. It looks rather effective if it's legit.

-Chris, Who hopes for once that the actual movies hold up to the promise and hype... so far not...

I think his hair i much better that way.In AotC he looked to much like a "pretty boy" that spends too much time styling his hair for a Jedi.

K.M.

Isn't it the casual Padawan haircut?

I like the pointing and demanding demeanor. It is looking more like Vader instead of a Jedi with a punk@$$ rebellious streak. Now he needs to try to use Vader's speach patterns... like James Earl Jones' rythmic, sing-the-line style... just to get a little sense that it could be Vader. You don't get that sense at all in AOTC.

Now, if Ewan can act more like Alec Guiness (like he tries to do for one scene than strays away from it the next four), it would be better.

I think he'd look more the part if he put on 10-20 pounds of muscle. He's too skinny to be the future "baddest-man-in-the-universe-next-to-Palpatine".

I think he'd look more the part if he put on 10-20 pounds of muscle. He's too skinny to be the future "baddest-man-in-the-universe-next-to-Palpatine".

Have in mind that though he will have muscled up, ihis body will be nearly synthethic as Vader, and Palpatines intention to create a servant was to make it fearsome.

I hope that Vader is shown something like this (i dont remember if i already said this):

In the fight anakin fall down the melting pit of similar thing. Owi wan, depresed does not have the guts to look down for him becasue his soul could not be saved anymore (he thinks that in the other trilogy).

We could see Palpatine from another view seeing Obi wan flee. Then we are driven to another scene with the jedi or padme.

Then we see a dark room, where palpatine stands, and an officer or scientist enters and says. Your majesty, at last the fearsome warrior you asked us is complete. Then Vader appears, with his thunderous voice: 'what is the bidding my master' <- this could be another other sentence of course. Palpatine says, 'your name will be Darth Vader, and you mission to hunt down all the jedi, untill there is no one left....

And then we go to the scene of the bringing of luke to the lars by obi wan.

Hey now Luke... do you have a smuggled script or is it fan speculation?

I've known about the volcano since before TPM came out (and it is THE scene which the whole prequel trilogy will be judged by so it BETTER be good!!!!!!!!) but you seem to state everything like you've seen the screenplay or something?

And you were too young to remember it that clearly, Luke. :(

fan speculation. As i said ' i hope the scene is like this'

The melting pit is mentioned on the novelization of ROJ, when obi-wan explains what happened to luke (me :( ).

Did i mentioned that i actually live in Marin County?

PS: that was a joke