Arcade Fire's HER (2013) - Milan Records 2021

Jay

https://www.pitchfork.com/news/arcade-fire-and-owen-pallett-releasing-her-score-for-the-first-time/

01 Sleepwalker

02 Milk & Honey #1

03 Loneliness #3 (Night Talking)

04 Divorce Papers

05 Morning Talk / Supersymmetry

06 Some Other Place

07 Song on the Beach

08 Loneliness #4 (Other People’s Letters)

09 Owl

10 Photograph

11 Milk & Honey #2

12 We’re All Leaving

13 Dimensions

Have no memory of what this score sounds like. But Owen Pallett and Arcade Fire have a great sound. So I'm all for this!

Wow - unexpected and good news!  Love Arcade Fire and I remember asking after this score back around the time I saw the movie, but figured major record label entanglements may have prevented a release by our labels at that time.

Wow! Excited for an official release. I will, for sure, be supporting this as I love the film, Arcade Fire, Spike Jonze, and of course the score itself.

I've had the FYC CD to listen to for the last 7 years or so. That's the only "release" the score had. If I recall correctly, someone else got ahold of it as well and "leaked" it onto the internet and was very widely shared around, posted on YouTube, and had articles being written about it that included links to the leak itself. I have to wonder if that wide publication of an unofficial release may have prevented an official one for awhile. Glad it's happening now I suppose!

My only gripe is that they could've included some extra cues that weren't on the FYC Album (which isn't much and is probably why they didn't bother)

2 minutes ago, mstrox said:

I'd buy a download at least, so hopefully they just accidentally left that off of the presser.  Not going to bother with the classic Streaming/Vinyl/Cassette release strategy

Same. I'm going with the download. Although I wouldn't mind a vinyl copy either at some point. For fun.

I think anything that mentions "streaming" like this does implies a purchase option will be available as well, but it's by far less popular than streaming these days so they don't bother to specifically point it out.

Does there exist something that is streaming on Apple Music that you couldn't purchase if you wanted to?

It's already up on AU/NZ iTunes

https://music.apple.com/au/album/her-original-score/1553022037

https://music.apple.com/nz/album/her-original-score/1553022037

David Bowie('s estate/label) released three "streaming exclusive" live albums some time back, although two of the three have since been released as limited edition CDs.  None of them are available for digital purchase

I have listened to the FYC promo and I absolutely love the theme from Photograph / Song on the Beach. The rest of the score is also great if you're into ambience and synth stuff.

It's great to see this officially released. I loved how it worked in the movie. And I also loved the movie.