Hans Zimmer: Live (2023 album)

Jay

4 hours ago, Thor said:

The whole album is from the Oslo concert?

I was there too, and it wasn't a very good experience, as you've probably read in my review awhile back. Partly to do with the terrible venue, partly an unruly audience and partly because there was too much recent stuff and too little of the pre-millennium stuff that is the reason Zimmer is one of my favourite composers (they only played LION KING of the the pre-millennium scores).

No not the whole album. I asked in a Zimmer facebook group and the man himself replied that its from Oslo, Copenhagen and Stockholm + some tiny bits and pieces from other cities where/when something needed correction. Samurai is 100% from Oslo, as I can tell when looking at my own video from that night. And I know that youtube has automatically blocked my videos for PIRATES and INTERSTELLAR as it recognised the exact audio (whereas other videos from different cities is still up). I also know that a great video someone else filmed of LION KING has been taken down. So I'm quite certain that at least these are Oslo audios, but of course I dont know 100% for sure :) The rest is quite hard to compare as it mostly sounds the same on all nights :D

I had a great experience from my seats (in the middle, on the floor), but I must have been lucky. Its extremly annoying when people (and usually young people who dont REALLY care about the artist) does that. This is not some disco-party type of concert! lol!

Wow! I got this reply from someone over at hzDOTcom! This makes me a very happy man since its the date I attended!
Always dreamed of having something professional (either audio or video) from a concert I went to in person!

you'll be pleased to know it's 99% the Oslo concert with some overdubs. i.e. Loire's vocal in Gladiator is replaced with Lisa Gerrard (I'm guessing Lisa couldn't perform that evening? She also got Covid before the 2nd London show) . Guthrie's solo in MOS is also either re-done or taken from another performance. Lebo also has some notes corrected, and there's some judicious audio tweaks to bring the soloists forward into the mix (apart from Guthrie in TDK which is quite hidden).

8 minutes ago, JNHFan2000 said:

Not be rude to Lisa Gerrard, but Loire Cotler's performance on Gladiator was magical when I saw it. Shame it's not on the album

I honestly must say I agree 100% on this! Loire sounded magical!

On 10/03/2023 at 7:26 AM, JNHFan2000 said:

Not be rude to Lisa Gerrard, but Loire Cotler's performance on Gladiator was magical when I saw it. Shame it's not on the album

I prefer Gerrard by a longshot. She has that Gladiator resolve that Cotler didn't have. And also, Cotler changed the lyrics too much for my liking.

23 hours ago, crocodile said:

Orchestra is out of place in most films, if you think about it! ;)

Karol

Do we need to cue Lucas telling the Hermann story?  

Just a heads up, the CD version does NOT have those few awkward fade outs between the split tracks inside the suites. They play 100% seamlessly! Guess I'm gonna have to use my CD rip instead of the digital version, lol!

Got the CD album yesterday. It is actually probably the most enjoyable Zimmer compilation out there, the sheer majority of what's on it would be on my wish list. It's a lot of fun and the arrangements are better than the ones from his other live recordings. Wish I could go to the live gig but the tickets are way too bloody expensive.

Karol