Deadly Blessing - James Horner - Intrada (June 2023)

EhTar

53 minutes ago, Chewy said:

This thread is getting confusing. I believe what @Ollie said is basically that the "lesser quality" tracks on the digital release are also "lesser quality" tracks on the CD. In other words: CD = Digital

If that is the case and it's not just the digital master being fucked up, I think tracks that come from a source in such bad quality that there's no data above 7k would warrant at least a public visible disclaimer on their site, maybe even removal from the main program.

54 minutes ago, Chewy said:

This thread is getting confusing. I believe what @Ollie said is basically that the "lesser quality" tracks on the digital release are also "lesser quality" tracks on the CD. In other words: CD = Digital

thanks, I thought I answered your original post correctly.

2 hours ago, Signals said:

Not the boot....

The music was licenced by Intrada from the rights holder. The boot contains the exact same recording. I don't see why using the boot as a source for the Intrada release (if it indeed sounds better on some cues) would be considered illegal. Yes, the boot itself was illegal, but the underlying music stills belongs to the rights holder. 

Let's say that the original tracks for the Ultimate War cues from Hook have still not surfaced. Yet there exist unsanctioned tracks from the sessions that sound better than the film stems used on the LLL. Should a label want to release a new version containing these tracks, and they licence the music from Sony, why can they not use these recordings as a source? The music still belongs to Sony.

6 hours ago, JTWfan77 said:

Let's say that the original tracks for the Ultimate War cues from Hook have still not surfaced. Yet there exist unsanctioned tracks from the sessions that sound better than the film stems used on the LLL.

Isn't this exactly what happened when the LLL came out?

On 24/09/2023 at 1:51 PM, Signals said:

Isn't this exactly what happened when the LLL came out?

I thought the rumour was LLL were aware of the Hook boot with superior audio quality, but Sony had a policy of not using bootlegged material (so they had to use film stems). No idea if there's any truth to that.

• 3 weeks later...