23 members have voted

1. 1.

• It'll be big- but not the biggest ever
    • It'll blow everything else out of the water

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah well... not counting the missing chapters from TTT that will be in ROTK and that Anduril was made in FOTR...

Those are hardly huge changes, and Lord Of The Rings is really one book anyway, just divided into 6 (not 3) parts.

Stefancos- :mrgreen:

yeah ok, what about the order of the chapters then?

TTT was half aragorn and half frodo not their scenes mixxed up....

(anyway i think Tolkien made a mistake there, since at times it got boring getting stuck with the same character for (p)ages :mrgreen: )

new characters name sounds like faramir or boromir.

Also, have you head the, ah, new scene with Saruman in it? about his demise?

new characters name sounds like faramir or boromir.

What are you talking about?

Also, have you head the, ah, new scene with Saruman in it? about his demise?

Yes. I mentioned above that they didn't film the Scouring, and this change is a direct consequence of that. I've also said before that I'm not happy with that change. Still, they seem to have kept the basic idea of that event the same. And you should add spoiler warnings when posting something like this. :mrgreen:

:mrgreen: The Others (Alejandro Amenabar)

And you should add spoiler warnings when posting something like this.

I was in a bit of a rush and I was using the quick reply which doesn't have the change colors option, otherwise I would have ghosted the lettering.

As I recall, that rumor about the new character was debunked a long time ago. As for Saruman's demise...

<<SPOILER FOLLOWS>>

He will be killed by Legolas. It's unsure at this point whether he really ends up skewered by the spiky wheel we've seen in rumor reports.

<<END OF SPOILER>>

- Marc

SPOILER:

No, not Legolas, he will most definietly get his throat cut by Grima (-> as in the book, only under different circumstances), and then Legolas shoots Grima, rumors say.

SPOILER END

<<SPOILER>>

Ah, yes, you were right. I thought I read Legolas shot Saruman, but he actually shoots Gríma in RotK. I wondered how this added up to the pic of Gríma lying on the Orthanc floor with a knife. I thought this was perhaps just something from a different version (it was rumored that PJ had shot up to five different versions of Saruman's demise).

<<END OF SPOILER>>

QuestionMarkMan, are you talking about Malamir? I really don't think we'll ever see anything of him. :music:

Did you guys see the new poster, BTW?

theatrical_poster.jpg

Pretty sweet, no?

- Marc

The posters for the first movie were the best. Now they just make the same thing over and over again, just with the characters in different places.

Marian - who thinks the new one is OK, but not great.

If you're into Photoshopped posters.  I wish Drew Sturzan was employed more.

Neil

Pffff...Struzan's posters look far to much alike.

Technicically a talented artist, but basically a hack.

Drew Struzan makes James Horner look like an original and inventive composer.

Stefancos- who does not care for Struzan's work for the SW prequels and Harry Potter and HATES the posters fot the SW SE's.

There is no denying however that Struzan has artistic capability. You may not care for his work, but I don't find it derivative. He has a style, for sure, but his renderings are far superior to the now commonplace Photoshop poster, which can be created by any hack with a computer and some still photos of the cast. Where is the artistry in that?

Neil

Frankly i see hardly any difference in a Struzan poster and a photoshop hack job.

BRING BACK BOB PEAK, EVERYTHING IS FORGIVEN!!!

Stefancos- wondering why so many action films have a image of their lead male in the fore ground, and one or several huge explosions in the background.

Sorry Stefan, but what they intended with the LOTR posters was doing them ala Struzan, but with Photos instead of paintings. ThHat may what be your point but i dont know why you like one and the other not....

Luke, obviously pro-Struzan...

ThHat may what be your point but i dont know why you like one and the other not....

I stated that i liked non of the posters Struzan did for SW and HP, so why are you saying i like some but not others?

Or in the words of Loui van Gaal.

"Are you people so dumb or am I just so smart?"

You dissapoint me Luke.

Stefancos- ;)

*runs into raging crowd of people yelling at each other*

I ACTUALLY LIKE THE POSTERS FOR LOTR, INDIANA JONES AND STAR WARS

*runs away from a mass of people chasing him*

ThHat may what be your point but i dont know why you like one and the other not....

I stated that i liked non of the posters Struzan did for SW and HP, so why are you saying i like some but not others?

Or in the words of Loui van Gaal.

"Are you people so dumb or am I just so smart?"

You dissapoint me Luke.

Stefancos- ;)

I mean why you like the LOTR ones and do not like or care of Drew Struzan's while they are very similar in structure.

And Quoting Van Gaal too

"Tu eres muy malo, siempre negativo, nunca positivo!"

hehe

I mean why you like the LOTR ones and do not like or care of Drew Struzan's while they are very similar in structure.

Please point out the post were I have said that I absolutely LOOOOOVE the Lord Of The Rings posters?

You can't can you, cause i never said that?

Why are you making up stuff about me?

And Quoting Van Gaal too

hehe

Meaning what?

Stefancos- who speaks even worse Spanish (or Catalan) then van Gaal did.

Please point out the post were I have said that I absolutely LOOOOOVE the Lord Of The Rings posters?

You can't can you, cause i never said that?

Why are you making up stuff about me?

And Quoting Van Gaal too

hehe

Meaning what?

Stefancos- who speaks even worse Spanish (or Catalan) then van Gaal did.

Steef's got love coming out the wazoo for those LOTR posters

Neither i said you LOOOOOVED them, just that you liked them more than Struzan's (which was what i understood)

Van Gaal's speech i posted was spanish (somewhat different from Catalan :devil: ....)

It meant 'You are very bad. Never positive, always negative!' He was speaking to the reporters.

I read an early review of ROTK and the reviewer said it was by far the most disappointing film they had ever seen. He compared it to waiting 16 years to see a new Star Wars and instead getting the Phantom Menace. Yikes. Hope for ya'lls sake he's in the minority.

He compared it to waiting 16 years to see a new Star Wars and instead getting the Phantom Menace.

Oh please, only Lucas could make a film as bad as TPM and make it seem easy.

I have seen about six and a half hours of film that proves that ROTK cannot possible be anywere as bad as TPM.

And in a few days or so that will be 7 hours. :P

Stefancos- who knows movie critics are just like the rest of us, with opinions as biased as the next guy.

Well, the news about Christopher Lee from last week is not a good omen for the movie.

PJ supposedly cut Lee from the movie after disastorous preview, and now Lee has been saying how stupid the Jackson and all the producers are, how they are being selfish and unfair etc.

Looks like LoTR might be going the way of the Matrix.

I don't know any details- just that the audience either disliked or hated the movie, causing Jackson to re edit, leaving Lee and his original opening on the cutting room floor.

And although preview audiences are often known to be dumb and inaccurate, Re editing a film a month and a half before it being release in 95% of the situations means the movie is gonna tank, at least criticaly.

Anybody got a link to the full article related to what morlock is saying?

I've already heard of the scene being cut and why jackson did it but I never heard about how Lee felt about it.

I read an early review of ROTK and the reviewer said it was by far the most disappointing film they had ever seen.  He compared it to waiting 16 years to see a new Star Wars and instead getting the Phantom Menace.  Yikes.  Hope for ya'lls sake he's in the minority.

Probably just some SW or Matrix fanboy who is angry because the latest films in those two franchises have been let downs.

I SEVERLY doubt this thing will be ANYWHERE NEAR as bad as TPM. In fact it almost certainly wont be bad at all.

Everything I have seen so far of the film makes it look like a winner. Reportedly the pacing is handled very well and it builds up to a great climax. If all that is true I don't see how the film couldn't be a great film experience.

I am sorry but comparing ROTK to friggin TPM is ridiculous. If the last two films were so well done and they were filmed one after the other, I dont see any reason why this one wouldn't be.

Anyway as for the score to this film it sounds like really epic and powerful stuff. In fact right now I would have to say this deal has a DEAD LOCK for score of the year. I mean this has been a REALLY BAD year for movie scores so I don't see anything else challenging this thing for that title. Except maybe the Children of Dune score, but that was for TV so it doesn't count.

Shore might very well get 2nd Oscar for this one. If he doesn't he certainly deserved to. Unless something REALLY spectacular comes out before the new year.

I have no problem with the Saruman cut thing. Cinema is different from books beyond just the obvious aspects. People have to understand that. Pacing and the building of a drama and tempo is key in a film and its something which works very different there from a novel.

If Jackson felt it needed to be removed to assist the film so be it.

I don't know any details- just that the audience either disliked or hated the movie, causing Jackson to re edit, leaving Lee and his original opening on the cutting room floor.

The story I've read about this several times says that PJ decided the Saruman sequence didn't really fit into ROTK and rather belonged into TTT, for which it is too late now, so he cut it and it will no doubt end up on the ROTK:EE DVD. Nothing about previews or disappointed audiences.

I am disappointed that Saruman was cut, but considering it, I'd rather see them cut a 7 minute sequence that IS more or less unimportant to the rest of the story (since the Scouring is cut anyway) than something else, as long as we get the full thing on DVD.

Marian - who'll have to wait several motnhs longer for Saruman's Voice, but should get TTT:EE any minute now. 8O

If he had sense he'd never make the original cut and use the EE's as the real movie, unlike Lucas, Jackson's changes are massive improvements.

does the RotK movie end with the big showdown at Minas Tirith(i think) and the destruction of the ring,or all the stuff after when they go back to the shire is in there too?

K.M.

If he had sense he'd never make the original cut and use the EE's as the real movie, unlike Lucas, Jackson's changes are massive improvements.

I would have liked this; the EE of Fellowship explained a lot for someone who hadn't read the books yet. That said, the original cut was already very long. Asking an audience to stay and watch would have been a bit of a stretch without an intermission.

does the RotK movie end with the big showdown at Minas Tirith(i think)...,or all the stuff after when they go back to the shire is in there too?

From what I've read and can surmise, the Scouring of the Shire will be.

Sure, it's was already too long to watch it without a toliet break. :) Intermissions are a good idea, bring them back. With longer movies.

This should read "Unlike Lucas, Jackson changes are IMPROVEMENTS PERIOD!

-Rogue Leader who still cringes at the "Special Educat ...... uhhhh I mean Editions" :|

I refuse to believe that ROTK will be as low as TPM.

As for the sound clips, they are GREAT! This may be the best of the three, at least the best of the CDs.

One more week and we find out...

The Extended Editions are great, but it would have been too much in cinema. (actually, I only saw FOTR:EE, TTT:EE comes out here in a few days - is it a BIG improvement?)

Intermissions are a good idea, bring them back

When did they stop making intermissions in movies? The sixties? (I have no idea)