How did the trailer affect your desire to see 'Azkaban'?

diskobolus

How did the trailer affect your desire to see 'Azkaban'?  

30 members have voted

1. 1.

• I really wanted to see it before, and that hasn't changed.
    • I really wanted to see it before, but having seen the trailer, now want to see it less.
    • I was ambivalent before, but now I want to see it because Williams' music is going to be amazing.
    • I was ambivalent before, but now I want to see it because the movie looks good.
    • I was ambivalent before, but now I want to see it for the movie and the score.
    • I was ambivalent before, but having seen the trailer, now want to see it less.
    • I was ambivalent before, and that hasn't changed.
    • I had low expectations, but now I want to see it because Williams' music is going to be amazing.
    • I had low expectations, but now I want to see it because the movie looks good.
    • I had low expectations, but now I want to see it for the movie and the score.
    • I had low expectations, and that hasn't changed.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i seem to be an outlier at the moment

from what i had seen and read, poa seemed to be in ruins... it is the most brilliant story of the five, giving the potential for great things, but then a screwup has more weight.

the trailer has now illuminated what had only been a shadow

and even if the movie sucks, the score won't.

I was eager for the film before the trailer, and I am really just the same. But I want the music more than ever.

I think the trailer looks brilliant and i think the movie will rock. I was looking forward to it before, this trailer has raised the bar of my excitement. I think it will be much more artistic and creative then the other movies.

Joel-who thinks the posibilities are high that Cauron could make a 'modern classic' movie with POA.

I've been looking forward to this far more than to Chamber of Secrets (of which I had expected more than I finally saw). But the trailer has reminded me just how eager I am to see it.

Marian - :)

Well, seeing as the trailer only featured a new version of Harry's theme and a song adaptation, I can't make much opinion about the score. But the visuals looked good, and everyone seems to be growing up nicely.

Since JW is able to devote his entire brain to this installment, the music should bring back what I felt after watching "Sorcerer's Stone."

Jeff -- still angry that Williams couldn't spend more time on "Chamber of Secrets," but judging by the score for "Catch Me If You Can," it was worth it

Okay, nothing new in the Harry Potter movie saga then.

I disagree, this is the book where the journey down the darkness begins.

Joe, who finds it amusing that the Wash. bros, want you to believe that everyword and ever image in the Matrix series is important, towards what you see in the future, while in Harry Potter, a casual comment in each book actually does lead to wonderous, or horrific revelations in future books.

I wanted to see the film anyway, but now after seeing the teaser trailer and hearing the "Something Wicked This Way Comes" track (which reminds me very much of Williams' awesome "Home Alone" Christmas carols) I'm even more excited!

If John can also create another track as goosebump enducing as "The Chamber of Secrets" then I'll be more than happy! :)

:P

Hello......I'm new and please forgive me if this gets posted twice, I'm still learning your forum.

I have quite enjoyed reading the comments here, and I must add that I believe if indeed it is Williams doing the score, and I don't see any reason to believe it's not...this movie and score is going to be wonderful.

The music from the trailer has only enhanced my anticipation. On nights I can't sleep, I always put on the Sorcerers Stone CD.....so I am quite looking forward to this.

Why do the kids in the chorus look like such pissed off little bastards? They're all grimacing. It's annoying.

But the movie itself looks pretty good, actually.

On nights I can't sleep, I always put on the Sorcerers Stone CD.....so I am quite looking forward to this.

So when you want to fall asleep you put on John Williams music? Are you saying his music is dull and makes you sleepy?

And welcome to the forum.

Neil

I have a sneaking suspicion that it will be, the whole series turns here.  .. . .Williams will take advantage of it I'm sure.

Huh? How exactly? Damn dont do that to me!

I need more info.

Personally I consider the 4th book to be the turning point.

Justin -Who would consider 1-4 the age of innocence and 5-7 the age of war. Or whatever.... :P

P.S. Rogue if you don't want to get the story spoiled my I reccomend (1) don't read the MB topics about HP or (2) read the books. :P

Oooooh, Ah Don't knoooooow, I just went all frothy inside and i felt like a Coke Can waiting to burst out in anticipatory glory all over the place. I also felt very linked spasmodically to the inclusive flexoral intricacies of certain changes in tone and shifts in color. I had to swallow quite a few pills to stop my self inducing multi infart dementia to occur outwardly and henceforth i shall be watching said trailer with mounting hurdles of inner turmoil regarding the release date and although this was but a teaser, i can't help but be emotionaly wrapped in a cloud of mystery with juuuust a touch of crack coccaine, i mean pixi dust.

Yeah go wael

I thought the trailer was awesome, Gary Oldman will of course put on a show in the movie. I didn't even notice the face those kids were putting on when they were singing, I was too busy staring at those bouncing toads in their arms, Those suckers are HUGE!

Max-Is a little annoyed by the fact that their are like a quadrillion topics on the trailer in the forum right now

Max-Is a little annoyed by the fact that their are like a quadrillion topics on the trailer in the forum right now

It's been almost a year since a new Williams score. I'm thrilled that so many of us have stuck through it and I can forgive a multitude of topics on this subject, since it re-invigorates our discussions of Williams' music.

Neil

Oooooh, Ah Don't knoooooow, I just went all frothy inside and i felt like a Coke Can waiting to burst out in anticipatory glory all over the place.  I also felt very linked spasmodically to the inclusive flexoral intricacies of certain changes in tone and shifts in color.  I had to swallow quite a few pills to stop my self inducing multi infart dementia to occur outwardly and henceforth i shall be watching said trailer with mounting hurdles of inner turmoil regarding the release date and although this was but a teaser, i can't help but be emotionaly wrapped in a cloud of mystery with juuuust a touch of crack coccaine, i mean pixi dust.

Is this English? 8O

I'm just waiting for the score to be released, although my wife will drag me to the theatre to watch it.

and you will thank her for it.

I'm just waiting for the score to be released, although my wife will drag me to the theatre to watch it.

and you will thank her for it.

No, but she puts up with NFL Sundays so I guess I owe her.