Something Wicked this way comes!

benefactor

I wonder how "Luke Skywalker" feels about this list.

Neil

I'll leave you in doubts

Luke, who does not like all the changes

How do you feel about the two least liked changes Luke?

Those being:

1) Greedo shooting first in ANH

and

2) The stupid Jedi Rocks music sequence in ROTJ

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You all know that something like that just CAN'T happen in the DVD, if they do that, they won't even be the movies anymore!  Lucas will also lose all respect from everyone and how would they shoot all those scenes?

he wouldn't shoot those scenes, he would digitize them, or ILM would, will, has?

I moved to Scotland.  I started a degree in Artificial Intelligence.

I'm sure many here would love a degree in that score. I'd prefer a degree in something like Raiders of the Lost Ark or Superman. ;)

Justin :(

LOL

Oh no Justin, I don't think we want to start up the whole argument of how "A.I. sucks" and lacks emotional closure. Speaking of A.I., where is the guy? Is he still wise-cracking away?

I don't think A.I. is a guy.

I wonder how "Luke Skywalker" feels about this list.

Neil

I'll leave you in doubts

Luke, who does not like all the changes

How do you feel about the two least liked changes Luke?

Those being:

1) Greedo shooting first in ANH

and

2) The stupid Jedi Rocks music sequence in ROTJ

Since that were changes in the SE i will answer.

I would had made Greedo CGI to make him truly shot. It it did not fit well i wouldnt have changed the scene anyway.

I would have made the CGI music sequence to fit Lepti Nek, instead of creating new music not by Williams.

John Williams went to the source, which isn't Ray Bradbury, but billy shake-a-spear. They are not part of the book by JKR.

Exactly :(. The phrase is from Macbeth (Act IV, Scene I) and goes something like this: "By the pricking of my thumbs / Something wicked this way comes"

Speaking of A.I., where is the guy? Is he still wise-cracking away?

Actually there's an interesting story there. I'm far from the best person to retell it but go and scroll through some old "Off Topic" threads bearing his name to get a taste of what went down.

CYPHER

John Williams went to the source, which isn't Ray Bradbury, but billy shake-a-spear. They are not part of the book by JKR.

Exactly :(. The phrase is from Macbeth (Act IV, Scene I) and goes something like this: "By the pricking of my thumbs / Something wicked this way comes"

Yup. You can read the entire scene here.

- Marc

I would had made Greedo CGI...

If you look long enough you'll always find one guy who actually likes it.

That goes for everything, even urine.

----------------

Alex Cremers

- Marc

Thanks to everybody, I never read Macbeth in ENGLISH and can?t notice this phrase. Now I know. ;)

Thanks.

I think most of the list is perfectly beleivable.

Some of the changes (the technical ones, not the new elements and new scenes) are acceptible IMO.

Most of them ARE ridiculous, but are also believable because of what we seen from Lucas in the past few years.

A too prefer the Original Edition, but I'm not sure whether the 1997 edition or this one would be better. (I hated the new elements and scenes in the Special Edition, but at least these are going to be done technically better in this one, and with connections to the prequels).

CYPHER wrote:  

JoeinAr wrote:  

Exactly . The phrase is from Macbeth (Act IV, Scene I) and goes something like this: "By the pricking of my thumbs / Something wicked this way comes"  

- Marc

Yup. Exactly as in

http://jwfan.net/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&f...655124a155bf0da

;)

Sirius, a bit taken aback by how few people read his posts.;)

:(

I knew you had written that, but I couldn't find it as quickly, so I simply typed Macbeth act iv in at Google and posted the first link I could find. No hard feelings, right? ;):(

- Marc

Of course not :)

:D

It wasn't my big discovery anyway, since I haven't read Macbeth in English before, I too just read about it somewhere. Actually, I read it after finding out the connection. :)

How well-known is this quote in English regions? (I mean int he US or UK)

It's extremely well known unless you are a complete MTV generation junkie with no idea of the incredible rich history of Literature. I just get so mad with my friends here that don't read. It's ridiculous how lazy people have become. Even Brian, my partner, doesn't read. It baffles me. NO offense to anyone, but I think anyone who doesn't sit and absorb what the world has to offer including something as easily accessible as Literature is an idiot. It's just my own personal grudge I guess.

Aaamen- you preach it brother!

nja- whose appreciation for the genious in Macbeth is second only to Othello (but who's comparing, really).

Did you see TF.N's article on this? It ended with this:

"Again, these are more of a wish list than accurate information. We also wanted to tell you something perhaps even more significant. Episode I: The Phantom Menace is getting a full overhaul as well. We'll leave you with that for now."

It's extremely well known unless you are a complete MTV generation junkie with no idea of the incredible rich history of Literature.  I just get so mad with my friends here that don't read.  It's ridiculous how lazy people have become.

Did you READ the postings? It says:

haven't read Macbeth in ENGLISH before.

Did you know that there are other countries with different languages?

In different poetic interpretations the phrase "Something Wicked This Way Comes" might sounds VERY differently.

:?

Yoda in TPM need to be CGI too (looking like Yoda of course :) )

Although I prefer, as many others, a Yoda puppet from Original Trilogy, nevertheless a CGI Yoda in AOTC is somehow better than this Gremlin-like puppet in TPM. I was very embarrassed with it.

Yoda in TPM need to be CGI too (looking like Yoda of course :) )

Although I prefer, as many others, a Yoda puppet from Original Trilogy, nevertheless a CGI Yoda in AOTC is somehow better than this Gremlin-like puppet in TPM. I was very embarrassed with it.

Strange, I was embarrassed with everything except muppet Yoda in TPM.

Compared to the other creatures he almost looked divine.

Please, don't everybody turn evil on me at once!

----------------

Alex Cremers

It is a great animatronic but since it does not look like Yoda, change it by CGI all the way. And sorry for saying that...

:? It's time for the DVD of TESB to come out so I can see with my own eyes how much different Yoda looks.

But simply replacing him with CGI is still blasphemy.

----------------

Alex Cremers

As the list said. Yoda is like ET, enhaced, not substituted.

An enhancement would suggest an improvement, which is something the CGI E.T. was certainly not.

There was not one moment when i mistook the CGI E.T. for the puppet E.T.

It was not quite as badly done as the CGI Jabba the Hutt in Star wars, but it was bad enough to scar what was once a perfect film.

Thank Goodness Spielberg did not completely go Lucas and released the original version as well.

Stefancos- who will use the term to go Lucas from now on as a way of saying that someone has lost his mind or has sold his soul to the lowest common denominator.

Stefancos- who will use the term to go Lucas from now on as a way of saying that someone has lost his mind or has sold his soul to the lowest common denominator.

I like to use it too, that is, if you don't mind.

----------------

Alex Cremers

I think the TPM puppet actually looks better and more real than the original puppet, heh.

Anyway, I didn't have much problem with ET CGI, although I question the value of the changes to the film.

I like the AotC Yoda,he looks very good in most scenes,but not all of them.

The CGI E.T. is a different story,he looks terrible and it ruins the movie:( But at least we have the option not to watch it thart way.

K.M.

The puppet yoda was and will forever be the best yoda, Lucas just doesn't think it's perfect.

The imperfections in the puppet is what MADE most of yoda's personality i.e. the perky ears, and the pursed lips

I think the CGI Yoda looked ridiculous in AOTC.

Puppet Yoda was great in the original trilogy, and I agree with Morn: it was even better in TPM.

Back then in 1980, when I first layed eyes on Yoda, my first reaction was, hell, it's a muppet. There was no way around it. Yoda was not real! I don't know how he did it, but with Frank Oz being a puppet wizard, he only needed a few minutes to change all that and make the whole audience fall in love with this character. Suddenly, Yoda became alive. The truth? It's Frank and his doll that are the very essence of Yoda. The art of the puppeteer is thousands of years old. By using CGI they're changing that essence so drastically that they murdered his soul. And with it they started killing "diversity". Now, all we see is a CGI image against a CGI background. Only people who grew up with a playstation in their crib can dig this sort of nonexistence.

Cheers

----------------

Alex Cremers

For your information i have not had any videogame console in my life... (and never will)

Look, live in your marvelous world, as i will in mine.

Good god man!

[Old Obi Wan Kenobi] You can't live in a world of nothingness, Luke. [Old Obi Wan Kenobi]

Pixel's are great, heh. Nothingness? :) Movies are nothingness. bowdown

Hes just joking there.

OK OK OK in all fairness CGI has brought us alot of good stuff too. The problem is it is used by lazy filmakers to attempt to create all "Shiny" visuals instead of providing a good story.