Michael Giacchino to score The Incredibles!

Erik Woods

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes.

I have received my Secret Weapons Over Normandy soundtrack today, since I pre-ordered it I also get the autgraphed copy. And if you have had any doubts about Michael's work, listen to this soundtrack and be SILENCED!

Siamese Coast=Awesome

Main theme=Awesome X 2

Oh my god is it awesome, you've gotta watch the behind the scenes features on your comp!

Also when you get it, listen to Operation Sealion! Best german theme ever,

The main titles could be used as an olympic theme

If only this wasn;t a video game soundtrack!

This deal is worthy of being a score to a major motion picture!

This could be Oscar material if released along the right movie!

Hell, this score could practically BE a movie itself

Well I dunno about that! :thumbup:

I mean YOU DO need visuals buddy! :P

Unless you mean they could make a movie from the score? :)

Possible but not prefferable.

This score would MAKE the movie

A score cannot make a movie alone! You need a good script and good direction!

There are plenty of terrible movies out there which have great scores that their respective films are unworthy of.

Yes, and if you can, spread the word to everybody

:thumbup:

Say Max, your true passion seems to be Giacchino. But what about Williams? Where does he fit in? Can you spare $128 for a Williams album? Can you? It's time we're gonna find out where your true loyalties lie. Are you ready? Who was the mastering engineer that worked on Jaws? It's not difficult to know the answer if you have the CD. Well, how about it?

:(

----------------

Alex Cremers

Actually I've seen a score make a movie, Alex North is an increditably skilled person at fitting music to a movie. :D But to see a score make a movie, a very rare thing.

Actually I've seen a score make a movie, Alex North is an increditably skilled person at fitting music to a movie. :) But to see a score make a movie, a very rare thing.

You've seen a score make a movie? ALL BY ITSELF!?!?!?! 8O

What movie was this?? The score must have been bad ass!

The Long Hot Summer   :P

Of course it's bad ass it's by North. ;)

Well, I have never been a big Alex North fan. However, ya gotta give respect to any man Jerry Goldsmith calls "The Boss". ;)

I must admit that I'm impressed from the little I've heard of Giacchino. Hopefully The Incredibles will give him the big break he needs.

I hope it skyrockets him into super-stardom!

I got the ALIAS Season 2 box set for x-mas and I was kinda hoping they would have done a little bit on Giacchino's music or perhaps a little interview.  Sadly no.  Still a good set mind you.

I dont like that show actually.

I've never seen the show actually

I've only seen parts of episodes myself as well.

It doesn't interest me.

Might be worth checking out the soundtracks for more of Mike's music though.

Absolutely Rogue Leader. That was what got me into watching the show in the first place! Mike's music is so much fun to listen to. And he actually does better spy music than David Arnold with a fraction of the music budget. Giacchino rocks.

Absolutely Rogue Leader.  That was what got me into watching the show in the first place!  Mike's music is so much fun to listen to.  And he actually does better spy music than David Arnold with a fraction of the music budget.  Giacchino rocks.

Doing a better job than David Arnold isn't such a big deal though considering the last few awful Bond scores. ;)

You know I'd really love to hear what Giacchino could do with a Star Wars score. Maybe if the SW sequels ever get made, he could step in for John Williams (who will either be retired or expired by then) and supersede him in future SW projects.

So he scores a couple of video games and a TV show and suddenly he worthy enough to replace John Williams for Star Wars?

Although frankly these days Williams is far over qualified for a Star Wars film, like asking DaVinci to give my bath room a coat of white wall paint.

Stefancos- who thinks Giacchino would sell his Star Wars score for 128,50 a piece. :ola:

Absolutely Rogue Leader. That was what got me into watching the show in the first place! Mike's music is so much fun to listen to. And he actually does better spy music than David Arnold with a fraction of the music budget. Giacchino rocks.

Actually, I completely disagree. He's not comparable to Arnold in this so-called spy music.

Lotman - happy that there's no Mr Bean-beat in the James Bond films.

I would really like to hear what Giacchino would do with all films scored by Williams, Goldsmith, Horner, Arnold, or Elfman. I really hope that he would have the opportunity to do this. The world would be a better place.

Lotman

• 9 months later...

Just saw it at a press screening. I exhibit idolatry for all of Pixar's films, so I was not surprised that I loved it. Actually I was a little skeptical when I first saw the teaser trailer, thinking, "How can this work?" The more I saw, the more convinced I was that it would be amazing. The film works fantastically. It is non-stop entertainment, laughter, and marvelous visuals. It's difficult to compare it to Pixar's previous films since it is so different. For one thing, it features human animation throughout the entire picture. Pixar's goal is not to create photorealism. Rather, they immerse the audience in worlds. For me, Finding Nemo was their standout and contained inherent potential for absolutely gorgeous visuals. The Incredibles is more about fast effects and action - machine gun fire, explosions, and actual deaths portrayed off screen. It felt like a cartoon, unlike all of their prior movies. This does not detract at all, though. I'm just in awe of how they continue to create original, fresh stories. They put Dreamworks completely to shame. And finally, as a computer graphics student who wants to work at Pixar, it was amazing to see the technical advances in this picture. I will give one example - if you thought modeling human hair was hard enough, try doing it when the hair is soaked in ocean water. Just amazing. Hope you all see it, I'll post an official review sometime this weekend.

Now, i'm curious.

BTW, Where's that site where you can find out where the trailer music comes from?

They use this trailer that sounds superhero-ish. Whats it called?

Who's John Barry?

You must be joking.

And yes, he was approached to do The Incredibles first, but the producers apparently didn't like his demos, and they went with Giacchino instead.

Sounds great!

They put Dreamworks completely to shame.

...except for this. There is room for both, both make very different kinds of movies. Why can't we all just get along? why must Pixar fans be vehemently againt Dreamworks?

And to all those who would say otherwise, I am NOT against Pixar. I merely didn't like Monsters Inc, and thought The Incredibles trailers looked bad.

So,is Michael Giachino the next John Williams?

K.M.

Well, I loved the score. There is so much music in it, I hope the OST covers most of it.

Sounds great!
They put Dreamworks completely to shame.

...except for this. There is room for both, both make very different kinds of movies. Why can't we all just get along? why must Pixar fans be vehemently againt Dreamworks?

And to all those who would say otherwise, I am NOT against Pixar. I merely didn't like Monsters Inc, and thought The Incredibles trailers looked bad.

I only speak for myself. To me, Dreamworks reduces an art form and engineering marvel which happens to be my career path to a tasteless, unoriginal garbage. This was never the point of the post anyway, we're here to talk about the Incredibles.

So,is Michael Giachino the next John Williams?

After you hear this score you'll think he's the next John Barry of the 60's! :P

Justin - Who loves the score!! (more later...)

Sure, they have a few gags here and there, but what about a warm "heart", a love for their work, a passion for their art. These are the things I'm missing in a Dreamworks animation flick.

But enough of this, let's get on with the show! The Incredibles!

----------------

Alex Cremers