Potterdom Film/Score Series Thread

JoeinAR

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read that Columbus is impressed with Cuaron.

He said several scenes stick out in his mind.

He mentions that the scene when we see the dementors on the train, and when Harry rides Buckbeak for the first time.

you can read the article here

I'm still really curious to see how well this film does at the box office. As I've said before.

The first film made like 317.5 million. However, the sequel only made 262 milion.

I am curious to see if the 3rd film will make less, more or about the same as the 2nd film.

It would help gauge where these films are going popularity-wise.

Well that stuff was because of the new trailer, commercials and info.

We haven't seen much since then.

I am still waiting for more info about Cauron's shocking NC17 director's cut of the film. ROTFLMAO

Shagga-riffic!

The first film made like 317.5 million. However, the sequel only made 262 milion.

Not bad for a sequel I guess.

poa will make a LOT more than film 2 for these reasons:

longer time frame between releases of 2 and 3

book 3 is widely considered by a large portion of fandom to be the most loved

it looks better than 1 or 2

both Amazon,Barnes and Noble, and Target websites are now showing the soundtrack to HARRY POTTER AND THE PRISONER OF AZKABAN to be released May 25th.

no cover image as of yet. Both Amazon and Target had a price of 18.98, but Barnes and Noble had a price of 15.98.

so much for the price of cd's dropping.

The good news is the new release day is better than the initial release date of June 1st, the bad news is, its a week after the revised release date. ;)

no cover image as of yet.  Both Amazon and Target had a price of 18.98, but Barnes and Noble had a price of 15.98.

so much for the price of cd's dropping.

15.98 US Dollars is 13.24 EUROS.

I wish CD's were that cheap in my country.

Stefancos- who will most likely pay around 20.00 to 22.00 Euro's for the new Williams score.

The Empire Strikes Back is typically the preferred Star Wars film by the fans, yet it has made less than Star Wars and Return of the Jedi.

Previously, Ricard had said that the release date for the soundtrack was the 18th of May. I even had that day pegged on my calendar. It would indeed be nice to hear this before the concerts, but hopefully AOL will have a preview of it this month.

Neil

but hopefully AOL will have a preview of it this month.

Neil

If they do i'm still gonna hold out for the real CD.

This is the first new Williams score in to long a time, i'm not gonna ruin the experience by listening to streaming audio.

who will most likely pay around 20.00 to 22.00 Euro's for the new Williams score.

go to Wal-Mart, you do have Wal-Marts don't you.

Joe, who heard that the Netherland's Gouda cheese took home the top prize as the worlds best cheese.

Dude, we have no Wal-Mart  

to paraphrase Yoda, YOU WILL, YOU WILL, honestly its only a matter of time, and they will be cheaper, they always are.

Joe, figuring his discount, I can get it for about $13.78

surely you jest, Wal-Mart is the worlds largest company, bigger than Exxon. Its based out of Arkansas

In some bizarre Bondian way, its goals are world domination. Yes its like K-Mart only better. It sells most things cheaper than anyplace else.

Only that aldi doesn't sell CDs, at least no CDs with anything on them ;)

Well, Steef, shall I get as cd for you? here it will be around 15? :|

BTW:

both Amazon,Barnes and Noble, and Target (...)

Someone in here has difficulties with counting :P

Only that aldi doesn't sell CDs' date=' at least no CDs with anything on them ;)[/quote']

True, though you get bottles of cola on a pallet there. :|

both Amazon' date='Barnes and Noble, and Target (...)[/quote']

Someone in here has difficulties with counting :P

Indeed.

both Amazon,Barnes and Noble, and Target websites are now showing the soundtrack to HARRY POTTER AND THE PRISONER OF AZKABAN to be released May 25th.  

This sucks, if it's true. I'm with disk, it would be great to hear this before Boston.

Ray Barnsbury :(

Someone in here has difficulties with counting  

I guess I should have edited that, I originally had just Amazon and B&N, but then I added Target.

The Empire Strikes Back is typically the preferred Star Wars film by the fans, yet it has made less than Star Wars and Return of the Jedi.

Neil

Well I agree with that, ESB is my favorite of the trilogy. But the difference between HP and SW is that Hp is based on novels and people already know the general plot of the movie before it comes out, and very much embrace POA. I would see the correlation if we're talking about the box office without respect to the pre-existing popularity of the books.

I couldn't care less how much the soundtrack costs. I just want to sink my teeth into a new Williams score!! Though knowing the shops where I live it'll cost about $30AU... Stupid rip-off shops...

surely you jest, Wal-Mart is the worlds largest company, bigger than Exxon.  Its based out of Arkansas

In some bizarre Bondian way, its goals are world domination

Yes,I have just decided to boycott them before they enslave half the world's population.

K.M.

Only that aldi doesn't sell CDs, at least no CDs with anything on them :(

True, though you get bottles of cola on a pallet there. :pukeface:

But not Coca Cola.

Marian - who thinks Coca Cola clones taste like shit.

surely you jest, Wal-Mart is the worlds largest company, bigger than Exxon.  Its based out of Arkansas

Yes,I have just decided to boycott them before they enslave half the world's population.

K.M.

It's only a ruse until Steef takes over the world

K.M.

It's only a ruse until Steef takes over the world

mothers around the world would band together and carry out his assassination.

I figured after a 1000+ replies to this topic that it is time for me to at least post once in this massive message.

BTW, I hate Wal-Mart and prefer to give Target my hard earned cash.

Carry on

Since the release of OOTP the number of harry potter fans has definately increased. So the box office results should be greater than Chamber of Secrets.

BTW, I hate Wal-Mart

Carry on

Me too,the other day I bought some mushroom flavoured soy sauce there and now I'm addicted to it.I've put it in every single meal I made since last week

K.M.

15.98 US Dollars is 13.24 EUROS.  

I wish CD's were that cheap in my country.  

Stefancos- who will most likely pay around 20.00 to 22.00 Euro's for the new Williams score.

Places like Big W are that cheap in my country, they only sell new releases though....

the sequel only made 262 milion.

Only $262 million? What do you make in just a few sohrt months?

Neil

Dude come on!

Lets not be ridiculous. I obviously meant that term "only" in respect to it making less money than the first film.

262 million is still a CRAPLOAD of money obviously.

Lets not be so literal shall we? :(

Was the sound of the previous AOL HP previews that bad?

Ray Barnsbury

I remember ripping it to mp3 and the quality was not so good. I guess the point is that it won't be CD-quality, and why settle for less for your first listening?

Was the sound of the previous AOL HP previews that bad?

It was very listenable. I played it many times before the official album came out. I do not feel that the "experieince" was ruined.

Neil

But the filmexperience was partly ruined...

I want to hear that Dementor theme for the first when I actually see the dementors!

why do you read mugglenet? tlc is a whole lot better.

I always read both, but Mugglenet's article was better written and more informative than The Leaky Cauldrons. And sometimes they scoop each other so one isn't always better than the other. Besides Mugglenet did a great April Fools, and TLC didn't.

WTF!?!? maestro's link to http://www.ananova.com/entertainment/story...rtainment.films

"The problem is that the fourth book is just too long for a film, so they've done away with our bit - where Harry is at home with the Dursleys - and will just begin with him at school."

NO QUIDDITCH WC??? WTF!?!?!

I think that was a bit premature, because I've read somewhere about the how they wanted to film the world cup, but I cannot find a link.

I can see how doing away with the Dursleys wouldn't affect the story line, but the Quidditch WC is important, the whole deatheaters thing, and the setting up of Winky and Barty.