Potterdom Film/Score Series Thread

JoeinAR

Well, I for one do not believe this report is true. And GoF is too far away to be worried about anyway. Give me PoA!

- Marc

Too far away? It's filming right now!

I think that was a bit premature, because I've read somewhere about the how they wanted to film the world cup, but I cannot find a link.  

I can see how doing away with the Dursleys wouldn't affect the story line, but the Quidditch WC is important, the whole deatheaters thing, and the setting up of Winky and Barty.

Perhaps Griffiths misspoke in saying it would start with Harry at school. I certainly hope its false, but GoF cannot be an easy book to adapt. No major websites have picked this up as of yet, so there is still hope...

The cutting of the Dursleys, if true, would trouble me. The Dursleys bookend each Potter story. Harry's escapes from the Dursley's are almost as important to HP as the Main Title and opening text crawl is to Star Wars. They reintroduce the characters and give us insight into Harry's state of mind in the beginning of each story. And, as OOTP goes to show, there are more to the Dursley's than just being Harry's wicked step-family.

I don't see why they can't at least film it, to be included as deleted scenes or as extended version DVDs in the future... has Peter Jackson taught them nothing. Harry Potter films aren't exactly a gamble...

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speaking of extended versions, this extended version of the film ABC'll be showing (see Main Page), I assume that's just the theatrical cut with the deleted scenes from the DVD reinserted, right?

When it hits the airwaves, will anyone be kind enough to report on this?

- Marc

:cry: Things have to be cut it's a reality, but it's sad to see the letter with the hundreds of stamps and the fire place sequence go.

But what i'm realy worried about is, will they cut the opening sequence with the Riddle House and Frank, Harry does wake up at the Dursley's house. That would piss me off since i think that would be a great scene.

Well, they could have him wake up at the Burrow. Him being there could easily be explained with a line like "It's great we could convince your aunt and uncle to let you stay here." Or something like that.

I guess we'll see.

- Marc

:D Alan Silvestri - A Flying Delorean? from Back to the Future Part II

I remember ripping it to mp3 and the quality was not so good. I guess the point is that it won't be CD-quality, and why settle for less for your first listening?

Because it's been a year and a half and I want my Williams NOW, dammit! :D

Ray Barnsbury-who waited to see the film before hearing CoS and will never do that again

Well, they could have him wake up at the Burrow. Him being there could easily be explained with a line like "It's great we could convince your aunt and uncle to let you stay here." Or something like that.

I guess we'll see.

That would probably be the best way to go. Just start the movie with the nightmare sequence and have him waking up with his scar burning is Ron's room, rather than his own, on the morning that they leave to take the portkey to the campsite.

It should work fine as long as Ron invites him to the World Cup at the end of PoA. Though, after the events of OotP, they'll have to make some mention of Harry returning to Privet Drive before going to stay with the Weasleys

Can we keep this thread limited to the discussion of Prisoner of Azkaban. It's main focus is the countdown to the release of the new movie. If you want to discuss Goblet of Fire, go here.

Neil

I'm a little upset about the dursleys being cut, but its a thing which i will probably get used too. As for the remurs of where the film actually begins, i read that it will start at either the burrow or the quidditch world cup. Which could work quite well, all it really needs is that "it was good that we convinced your aunt and uncle to let you come with us" line.

Still, i am a little dissapointed.

BTW, HPFAN, weren't you saying that you were looking forward to GOF because Newell looked like he knew what he was doing. But i bet if cauron cut out the Dursleys, you would be going mental about it. Just commenting because i am dying to see that changes cauron makes with POA and i am more worried about GOF because i don't think Newell is a very capable director.

Try watching Mona Lisa Smile, anyone, if you have no doubts in Newll's directorial abilities.

Morlock- who think Donnie Brasco could've been tighter and simply better in someone elses hands (I wish Scorsese hadn't dropped out)

Hey, is that the real cover for the Prisoner of Azkaban soundtrack in the corner? I hope so, I liked that poster. It means you can use it as your avatar now Ray! :|

*EDIT* Okay, just checked the news page (why didn't I do that before...) and it's still the Unofficial cover. Still, it looks pretty good!

It may well be the cover,that's the poster.

As much as I like it,I hope we don't get a third recording of Harry's Wondrous World on the soundtrack

K.M.

It may well be the cover,that's the poster.

As much as I like it,I hope we don't get a third recording of Harry's Wondrous World on the soundtrack

K.M.

Well it will be in the movie for sure, it's the opening cue for end titles. Frankly I agree here though, it leaves more room for new music, plus we can always use an existing version for listening.

I think we'll be hearing a lot less of "Harry's Theme" in the score.Harry is older so maybe Williams will upgrade his theme for this movie.

K.M.

I was thinking the same thing, twice is enough. Though I do like the revised ending on the CoS album. Also, Ricard just posted the apparent official PoA album cover. I'm a little confused though, as it's the first poster we saw, not the second one with the better looking dementor.

Ray Barnsbury

there are alot of new photo's from the film.

I like this one

hermione_girl_power.jpg

you can see more here

I was thinking the same thing, twice is enough. Though I do like the revised ending on the CoS album. Also, Ricard just posted the apparent official PoA album cover. I'm a little confused though, as it's the first poster we saw, not the second one with the better looking dementor.

Ray Barnsbury

No, it's the second one! The first one had a lot more light! This is the one one harrypotter.com ! The first one was never on harrypotter.com

I think you mean crammed into a box with Emma Watson. :pukeface:

and that rupert guy.... :wave:

Great pics. I like Hermione's hair up when she has the Time Turner. Also that very nice cover most likely is the UK/European version the american will probably say Original Motion Picture Soundtrack.

Justin -Who likes the cover very much....although I agree with Ray I could use a little more Dementor in my cover.

"Music From and Inspired By..."??????     :wave:  :pukeface:

It says so on the first two albums as well, at least on the euro releases. And technically, it's correct, since the concert suite cues are on the discs as well.

Marian - not worried. :pukeface:

Yes they do. Ours don't. And I believe the US versions are single discs, whereas the European release has an extra bonus CD-Rom with trailers and wallpapers. There's no new music on them, though.

- Marc

No, it's the second one! The first one had a lot more light! This is the one one harrypotter.com ! The first one was never on harrypotter.com

Yes, you're correct. Ricard must've changed it, because when I posted that it was definitely the first poster with the dementor standing straight up rather than curved.

Ray Barnsbury

the European release has an extra bonus CD-Rom with trailers and wallpapers.

Only HPPS does. COS is a single disc.

Marian - who doesn't care.

My CoS set features 2 discs. I bought it in my regular local store in Spain.

The 2nd disc of CoS contains wallpapers, trailers in several languages, and printable sheet music, which is labled as Hedwig's Theme, but is only the first bit with the celeste.

- Marc, who viewed the CD-ROM once and then put it away into the case, never to touch it again.

My copy of COS (bought on the first day it was available) does only have one disc, but a few weeks later I saw the CD in stores was suddenly a double CD... must've been released a bit later (here).

Wild guess:

On 25 april we have the AOL listening party.

On 28 april we have the tracklisting...

Hmm... Perhaps even sooner!

Last year, the official artwork was released on wednesday october 9. On saterday october 12, the listening party was online.

Sooo... perhaps monday already?

Hmmmm less than 2 months now eh?

BTW is there any word on the kids in these movies doing other films in the near future besides the HP film?

I have to wonder if they'd even have tim considering how close together these deals are.

So the recording sessions are over according to the main page,no unfortunate random event can prevent us from getting this score(except a giant meteorite hitting earth within the next month)

K.M.

I wonder if Williams will be attending the premiere in New York. Never saw him in London the last two years... It would be nice to see him.