Unreleased Attack of the Clones music in video games

Jay

Hello,

I recently got a computer with a dvd-rom drive, so I've begun extracted some scores from rear channels - starting with AOTC. However, I heard that there are some video games - Bounty Hunter for PS2 and Gamecube, and Clone Campaign for the PC - that have unreleased AOTC music in them. Can anybody here direct me to where I could download those unreleased music bits?

Or, would anybody here who has them be willing to send them to me? I have a very fast internet connection and could receiver them over AIM or whatever service you like best....

Alternatively, can anybody point me to a method were I could just rent those games and extract the music myself?

Thanks!

-Jason, who just realized that I havent posted here since 2002! I blame that on John not scoring any movies in 2003... :)

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tried extracting off Jedi Power Battles from a rental, but got overwhelmed by the non-beginner friendly directions and ran out of time.

I like the unreleased action music that can be found on the Clone Wars game.

Maybe you should start there.

Attack of the Clones needs a complete chronological release. Everything recorded at the sessions in the order of the print version it was scored to. Same with Phantom Menace. Alternate versions as well. Dex's diner music too, and any unreleased music for the club scene.

The only unreleased bit that I know of from Attack of the Clones that made it to a video gme is a short section from "The Arena". I think it cuts in when Anakin and Obi-Wan are in the ship chasing Dooku and it ends with Padme falling out of the ship. I might have an mp3 of this somewhere. I know I have my own version of "The Arena" with this short section inserted. I couldn't tell you what game it came from though.

Neil

Interesting.... here I thought that Bounty Hunter and Clone Campaign were the only video games with extra music... but Clone Wars does too? Or are you saying Clone Wars has unreleased TPM music?

Jeshopk, If you want, I can send you the files from Jedi Power Battles... IIRC, there was only 3 or 4 peices that weren't already included in the TPM PC game.... and most of those might have been made moot when the UE came out.

Indysolo that is exactly what I am looking for.... think you could send me that mp3? Or even better a WAV of that extended track (if its on a cd you have I mean).

8O

-Jason

Indysolo that is exactly what I am looking for.... think you could send me that mp3?  Or even better a WAV of that extended track (if its on a cd you have I mean).

I only ever got that section as an mp3. I may not be able to find that but I have my re-edited track encoded, if you want that.

Neil

in starwars rebel strike they have a disco version of some of the themes combined... its pretyy funny lol

in starwars rebel strike they have a disco version of some of the themes combined... its pretyy funny lol

That's the Meco version. That's available on CD.

Neil

The 40 seconds or so of unreleased music in The Arena doesn't really add anything interesting to the track,it's just some incidental rythmic action underscore and no themes quotes.

K.M.who just heard a bang and a "meow" and will go investigate

I have two short unreleased segments of the Arena battle/Dooku Chase music (about a 1 minute 10 seconds worth) that I edited(rather badly thanks to my software) to the rest of the track. I got mine from the net, but I don't remember the site. I don't know about any extra music in the videogames. If there is I'd like to get it though.

I have it on my 2 CDR set. The DVD extracts to AOTC are the worst I've ever heard from a 5.1 rip (although Miguel disagrees with me here).

That score will sound poopy until we get the kind of release that jeshopk spoke of. Everything as composed, conducted, and recorded by Williams including alternates and source tracks.

I agree with that. Let's hope Lucas and the record company will consider releasing the complete prequel scores after or at the same time with episode 3. As many of us here have expressed these scores should be presented as Williams originally wrote them and recorded them with all the music including the alternates and source music cues i.e. all the music. I have been wishing this since the Episode I.

The unreleased part from the arena, comes from Clone campaings. It is a CD track so you shouldnt need too much trouble with it.

And Jedi Power battles has many unreleased cues (and good ones IMO)

The unreleased part from the arena, comes from Clone campaings. It is a CD track so you shouldnt need too much trouble with it.

Hey, do you know if it is 44khz/16bit? If so, I'll definitely try to get my hands on a copy and make a chronological album. Also, did they actually release "on the conveyor belt" on cd, or just promos? I can't find it anywhere.

Also, did they actually release "on the conveyor belt" on cd, or just promos? I can't find it anywhere.

Yes. In the US it was an exclusive track found only on the CD sold at Target. The packaging was identical to the editions sold elsewhere so it only has 13 tracks on the back of the album, but it was really on there. There was a sticker on the front cover that proclaimed it had an exclusive bonus track. Also, the catalog number for this album was SK 89965, which is different from the standard edition. I don't know if you can still find this exlcusive at Target.

As for the extra minute of "Arena" music, as far as I remember it was CD quality. I only ever had it as an mp3, but it cut seamlessly in with the album track.

Neil

I cut those into The Arena sequence yesterday. It makes for a more satisfying final battle music cue in my opinion. It is much more like listening to Raiders or Temple of Doom with the extensions added.

Also, last night, I listened to the cue with the film. It seemed to fit well. You could see that the upward trombone glisses were for the Acklay. I think it really makes the scene much better, and makes you feel the peril the characters are in more. Something which was lacking a bit once the fighting startedwith no music. Because the other action scenes in the film have more cacaphonous music, it is nice to hear a sturdy theme beneath the conflict in this film.

I had already watched this with the music before, but I had it a few seconds off, and I had it coming out a different sound system. Last night I had both in the same headphones on the computer and it was superb. Got the chills even as the music gets faster and changes key (up a major 2nd) with the theme repeating. I had the sound effects up which worked well with the music, but that damn Ben Burt always wants the limelight and couldn't stand it. Why does he get to make so many decisions? Then the music kicks in in the film and you have to hear 2 music tracks at once, slightly off because their music editing.

Unfortunately, it loses sync when Mace Windu arrives, but it was fun to watch with this nonetheless.

It's great syncing up those cues on a PC, where all the audio comes from the same speakers. Unfortunately, any attempts I've made sound horrible, due to the 4% PAL acceleration. It gets out of sync fairly quickly too.

And Burtt really must have had his head up his ass when he decided to replace the music with "rhythmic sound effects". :P

- Marc

"rhythmic sound effects"

What the?

You can fix that 4% by adjusting the speed or something in the settings of your DVD player on your PC.

- Lotman

I just know that if Ben Burtt had the power in 1977 he would have took music out of "The Walls Converge" from Star Wars. Sound effects enhance drama by providing realism to the situation. They can also be somewhat musical, as Burtt's sometimes are, adding an ominous tomne as in the Carbon Freeze scene. But they can't do as much for the drama as Johnny's orchestral music can do. Lucas wanted music for the whole asteroid chase in Episode II, but because Burtt wanted no music at all until the final explosion, they compromised and said, ok it can come in when the missiles fire. While I agree that sometimes music is not necessary, and lack thereof can actually add emphasis, I disagree with Burtts idea that sound effects need to be heard over the music. When the music is nice and loud, the music and sound-fx create a nice wash of chaos that makes you just want to run in to the film and start play fighting. But when the music is pushed back so low like it is in the prequels and the fx are so much louder, you get the feeling of a man screaming in a box begging to be let out. The characters' emotions seem stifled as well.

You can fix that 4% by adjusting the speed or something in the settings of your DVD player on your PC.

I've yet to find out how to do that. I have PowerDVD on my PC. If you know how to do that, help would be nice. :P

As for the Asteroid chase, I think the sound effects are very good in that one, but again, it seems to be a bit of a slow scene because of the lack of music.

I'm also sure that if Lucas had told John what the seismic charges were, sonically, that Williams would have come up with something great for the bits between. He could easily have fit something cool around the explosions, scoring the entire scene with great chase music, instead of only the last bit with a short and bit lackluster cue as it is now.

I have complete faith in Williams on these movies. Just not in Lucas and Burtt.

- Marc

• 5 months later...

Just wanted to say that I found the unreleased Arena (really Chasing Dooku) clip I was looking for, on this web page.