Good looking Cover of HP III

A24

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the big one- but the small one looks to me like the computer faces from Gabriel Knight 3.

But as a full sized CD cover- that looks great! :fouetaa:

Ricard should send his design to "those who decide the artwork" and maybe, just maybe he'll get lucky.

----------------

Alex Cremers

You spread stutter into this world, Stefancos. It's people like you who should be banned, not from the board, mind you, but from the world.

Try to read what is right and not what is wrong and maybe you do well. Can you understand that, little man?

Alex Cremers - who just saw Rob Roy and is still speaking in that spirit.

Stefan made no refence to you Alex. Besides, Stefan's comment was correct. Please don't put words in his mouth. :)

Justin -Who checks the main page everytime he comes to jwfan. ROTFLMAO

Its OK. Not very creative though.

I'm sure Ricard will not be very pleased to hear that. :)

Neil

Well I just wish he had done a little bit more with it.

Just putting some dude's mug up is a little easy.

Maybe, I just dont like minimalism. ROTFLMAO

Anyway its good I suppose.

Its need something more elaborate.

Like seeing Oldman's character through a set of bars with the light and shadows hitting his face through them or something.

Just a headshot isn;t enough. :mrgreen:

Good topic. It gives insight to whether board members have taste or not. Very educational, I must say.

----------------

Alex Cremers

Thank God somebody told the truth by the fourth post. I nearly died when I saw the topic... I saw that pic a while back, I don't really like it much. I don't check the news page very often, but my homepage is the General Discussion Forum!

Am I the only one who feels that HP:SS and SW:TPM soundtrack covers look a little too alike? I prefer those single-face ones over those that have all the casting on them. 1982's E.T. has the nicest cover art I've seen...

...and I'm sad that Struzan's art wasn't used for CoS, and for the DVD covers of PoA, Ep1, and Ep2 ... why do they always have to pack the DVD covers with uninspired collages of heads, instead of the epic pictures Struzan created? :/

Am I the only one who feels that HP:SS and SW:TPM soundtrack covers look a little too alike?

They are both painted by Drew Struzan.

Neil

Damnation!, looks like I have just offended someone who didn't deserve it. I'll think of a way to let them know that I didn't mean to be prickly.

:oops:

It's the same style of art. . . of course. It's good stuff, but it would be nice to get something TOTALLY different for POA.

I am hoping that if they release multiple covers, again, that we will have one with the dementor's hand opening the door to the train compartment.

That is the cover I want, and hope they make, and will buy if they do.

Am I the only one who feels that HP:SS and SW:TPM soundtrack covers look a little too alike?

They are both painted by Drew Struzan.

Neil

Thanks A LOT for that information!!

Finally I have the answer on the question why the Cutthroat Island art is so similar to the Indy art!

This man must be the John Williams of the movie art, quite cool! I visited the man's website and his work inspires me a lot.

Is Struzan the only Hoolywood artist of this caliber or are there more? I guess some of the pre-production artists are very good too (Douglas Chang for Star Wars and some artists who did impressions for Jurassic Park). And who draw the Empire Strikes Back poster?

Man I've never been so insulted by Stefan.

Of course I read the main page. Even last night Neil thought I hadn't read it. I'm not stupid. My comment was purely on Ricard's cover. jeez.

Man I've never been so insulted by Stefan.  

Of course I read the main page. Even last night Neil thought I hadn't read it. I'm not stupid. My comment was purely on Ricard's cover. jeez.

Hermione, would you and Ron quit fighting just this once!!!

Its OK. Not very creative though.

Creativity has nothing to do with it. Putting a bad artist to work on some collage composition cover for two weeks don't mean ****. The "Hook" poster once showed only a hook. That was great! Why does it always have to be crowded?

But it has to be said that I like simple lines to get the message across. You recognize them from miles away and if neccesary, they can even make good a logo.

Now here's a good example of a very simple cover. Guess what? I love it!

swnh.jpg

I am hoping that if they release multiple covers, again, that we will have one with the dementor's hand opening the door to the train compartment.

Indeed. Unlike the AOTC cover situation (Which I found to be simply annoying) I rather liked the multiple covers on CoS. The Dementor's had would be great. Or maybe the Patronumous (Eh not sure how you spell it.)

Justin

the kids said Buckbeak was amazing to work with too, they said he was so real.

Really? That's great, it reminds me of the kids working with E.T. in 1982. Where did you get that info Joe, I must have missed it.

Ray Barnsbury

I'm the only one who liked Fawkes I think.

Ray Barnsbury

Yep.

If Cuaron screws up the time turner scene, there will be hell to pay.

Can't wait for the Time Turner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And there better not be too much lead in to it. I want it to be shocking.

Thanks for that affirmation, disk! LOL

I can't wait for the Time Turner either! That's one of the best parts of any of the books!! YAY!!!

Ray Barnsbury-taking calming breaths

I'm the only one who liked Fawkes I think.  

Ray Barnsbury

no I like Fawkes too, and I don't see what anyone thinks is wrong with him

I read it in one of the interviews the trio gave a few weeks back

Fawkes looked like crap in CoS(scene in Dumbledore's office),I have no better words to put it.So did Dobby,Aragorn,the forest spiders,the Basilisk...ect...most of the special beffects in CoS were unimaginative and uninspired as far as I am concerned.

As for movie poster/c.d. covers,I think a key scenery picture from the movie is nice as cover art too,like the boats with the Hogwarts castle backdrop in one of the Philosopher's Stone posters,or 2 hobbits with the Mount Doom backdrop for RotK(I put that one on one of my walls),but if the cast is gonna be depicted,I prefer BY FAR Stuzan's ensemble cast paintings to single head posters(the CoS c.d. art sucked big time).Then there's a logo which can be cool if well done(Jurassic Park,Superman),but it can be boring also(Star Wars OST,Hook OST).Finally the WORST is half heads on one side of the poster(Star Wars THX edition if I remember correctly),or 2 split heads for the 2 main star characters(can't remenber a specific example except Jack Nicholson seems to be on a lot of these type posters)

At some point I loved the Star Wars Special Edition posters,but seeing Ian Mc Diarmid on the Empire poster bothers me more and more...

BTW who drew the original ESB(Han and Leia embrace) and RotJ(Vader over throne room) posters,was that Drew too???

K.M.

Fawkes looked like crap in CoS(scene in Dumbledore's office),I have no better words to put it.So did Dobby,Aragorn,the forest spiders,the Basilisk...ect...most of the special beffects in CoS were unimaginative and uninspired as far as I am concerned.

K.M.

"Aragorn sped on up the hill."

The only line of dialogue from the Lord of the Rings that I know from memory.

I disagree with all of this, I think they all looked quite good, though Dobby was questionable at times. The basilisk in particular was amazing.

As for movie poster/c.d. covers,I think a key scenery picture from the movie is nice as cover art too,like the boats with the Hogwarts castle backdrop in one of the Philosopher's Stone posters

Agreed. I really wish they had done this for CoS too.

the CoS c.d. art sucked big time

Though I would have preferred a different approach, I thought the different covers were kind of fun. I have the Dumbledore one , which is my favorite (see avatar).

And I love the Hook CD cover, simple and effective.

Ray Barnsbury

I prefer the Hook bootleg cover.

What I also mean is that spiders usually creep me out,but the CGI spiders oddly didn't affect me at all,as they did in Arachnophobia or the big spider in RotK which was scary.

Maybe the Basilisk was technically well done,it just wasn't very scary or interesting to look at.

Fawkes just looked like his mechanical joints need oil or something.

K.m.

Hahahah, Fawkes looked like a feather duster gone horribly, horribly wrong. His head moved so unnaturally, I half expected his eyes to melt, limbs to fall off and burst into flame. Of course, when he did burst into flames I was in hysterics.

The Basilisk looked more like Godzilla that a snake. Honestly, what part of "giant snake" was hard to understand? I'm surprised thos teeth didn't go straight through the roof of its mouth, they were huge and MUCH too many. I didn't think snake had fifty rows of fangs. While we're at it Tom Riddle says "You might have blinded the Basilisk, but it can still hear you!". Corect me if I'm wrong, but aren't snakes deaf? They have no ears, they sense with their tongues. Somebody didn't do their homework...

I like the Hook original cover. The actual release, however is apalling. I honestly don't know any of the track names save the first and last and I generally don't like removing CDs from the player to check the track names...

I don't know about your original Hook album, but mein has the track names on thelast booklet page (agreed, still a funny place forthem, but they aren't only on the disc itself).