Star Wars DVD's to include new footage

JoeinAR

we knew he couldn't leave well enough alone

now according to the Digital Bits he's done it again.

more changes, deleted scenes, new footage, special effects enhancements, etc etc.

and yet he refuses to fix his trashy Star Wars prequels?

George you are a stupid moron.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe I've been going after this the wrong way. Maybe it's a good thing that he changed the title of Star Wars to differentiate the good movie from the Frankenstein monster patchwork it has become.

Neil

And if you scroll down the page you'll see he's planning the same thing for THX-1138.

But do you want to know what the sad part about it?

I really don't care anymore....... :)

If were not getting the original editions,I prefer further enhancements and improved CGI over the 1997 SE's,so to me it's the least worse option.

K.M.

I've seen the Star Wars trilogy enough to last a lifetime. No DVD edition, OT or SE, will ever be the same as when I saw them the first time. There's too many films out there that I haven't seen to worry about what the hell Lucas does to his movies...

Here's an idea: let Spielberg remake them all. If not that, then I hope Spielberg does a Flash Gordon remake. I would love to see what he'd do with Indiana Jones set in space. He's always been an earthly director. I don't think he's ever had so much as a shot of something from outer space. Even in his movies about aliens, you never see anything happen from above the atmosphere.

Anyhoo...I wonder if Williams is going to rescore these? Remember when Ep II came out, he said George had talked to him about it? You know, there's nothing wrong with the way JW scored it the first time, but it would be interesting to see what kinds of things he'd do with the music nowadays. George might be making a mistake to rescore it, but I don't think JW will make a mistake and score it badly. I could guess he'd keep the new stuff operatic and steeped in the classics with Holst and Wagner without Mickey Mousing.

I just want the originals on DVD then he can f**k his b**ch Star Wars all he wants. :)

Justin -Who really doesn't want to care...but does....

I am excited about this. I hope he fixes all the things that have bugged me. I do wish again that he would release the originals. It used to be just for film history reasons, but now I want it just as much to end the whining! *doesn't look at anyone in particular*

Well, as a hyperspace member you can now see the DVD packaging at starwars.com

for everyone who´se not a hyperspace member: you can still have a look at some forums and discuss it, e.g. http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthrea...?t=23009&page=8

Well, the UK is also very fond of fullscreen releases. I recall how frustrating it was to buy movies when I lived in there - paying twice as much a for widescreen edition.

I want it just as much to end the whining!  *doesn't look at anyone in particular*

Finally I hear it from someone else than me!

I don't mind watching Chaplin in 4:3, though.

But Star Wars?!? Honestly!

If these movies had been shot open matte or in Super 35, one could perhaps pause for a moment about which one to buy, but the Pan & Scan versions of these films look like absolute shit.

Same thing goes for the Indy trilogy, BTW.

- Marc, who will get the Widescreen edition (probably the only one released here).

Yes, but with the full screen versions of the SE's and the prequels, you only have to see half the movie.

Must have been the bad half.

-Ross, who knows Neil's used that joke many times before.

In my experience Full Screen releases on DVD are very rare, not unless that is the aspect ratio the film was made in.

The Indy box set was only released in Widescreen in the UK, and Finding Nemo was only available on DVD in Widescreen.

Full Screen is now very rare. You can only get them on VHS releases.

They hardly ever seem to release both fullscreen and widescreen DVD's for the same film in Europe.

Let's not forget the dreaded Harry Potter movies...both wide and full. I made the mistake buying the full at first and couldn't believe they were not widescreen, thought all DVD's were widescreen, well what do I know.

This could actually be a good thing....potentionally of course.

If he changed:

-the saber from white to blue in ANH;

-revert the awfull scene in which Freebee shoots first in ANH;

-change the scene slightly where the X-Wing really does crash on the Deathstar in ANH;

-replace the actor playing the Emperor in TESB for the one we know;

-when he once again gets rid of the 'AAAHHHH' sound when Luke falls in TESB;

-when he improves or leaves out Jabba in ANH;

-remove the puppetman in a wampaoutfit scene in TESB.

Anything else? Well, these are the most important ones.

you know this sucks,that Hyperspace thing.Not only that,even spoiler websites like TFN are too friggen afraid to post pics now,do LFL lawyers really have jurisdiction and control over the entire Internet?I mean if you try to read or see spoiler pics even in the forums you get a bunch of geeks discussing by themselves and describing what they see in their goddamn Hyperspace memberships,leaving everybody else out by not posting pics.Are they afraid LFL will take over their PC's or cansel their precious Hyperspace thingy?What a bunch of wusses.So TFN sucks too,there...

k.m.

Those look pretty cool. But why in God's name would anyone want to buy a FULLSCREEN version of the Star Wars trilogy?!?

- Marc :?

Come to think of it why would anyone want a fullscren version of anything?

KM.Who got the ET DVD fullscreen by mistake and is pissed off about it.

I am excited about this.  I hope he fixes all the things that have bugged me.  I do wish again that he would release the originals.  It used to be just for film history reasons, but now I want it just as much to end the whining!  *doesn't look at anyone in particular*

Good Lord, I hope so too!

Half the people on this board would have nothing better to do if they weren't complaining about the Prequels/SE's/ROTJ. Every time Lucas is mentioned it inevitably turns into a "Lucas raped my childhood" discussion.

We don't need to hear the same old diatribes everytime someone wants to discuss this topic. We know you hate Jar Jar, hate Greedo shooting first, and that AOTC was a "cartoon". Geeeeezz!

:( 8O :? :roll: :|:thumbup: 8O -----> using all the blase emoticons in my post before anyone can respond to my post with them...so there! :P

so beowulf do you have anything you are passionate about, anything you really care about. I seriously doubt it, your more the casual film fan rather than a real film fan.

so beowulf do you have anything you are passionate about, anything you really care about.  I seriously doubt it, your more the casual film fan rather than a real film fan.

amazing you got all that from one post. i hope you don't dissect my life like that.

p.s. you stole my thread.

beowulf has a history here, more past than recent, so this isn't a new discovery or indepth anaylasis of his post.

Let's not forget the dreaded Harry Potter movies...both wide and full. I made the mistake buying the full at first and couldn't believe they were not widescreen, thought all DVD's were widescreen, well what do I know.

"O Lord, you gave them eyes, but they cannot see..."

The Harry Potter films were filmed using the Super 35 process. The entire negative is exposed, even if the director intends t oshow it at 2.35:1. However, since the entire negative is exposed int eh filming process, this allows the full screen image to havemore information at the top and bottom of the image, while losing minimal stuff to the sides. I've seen the first film "full screen" and it is not hurt at all by the minor cropping of the edges. however on television, some scenes are easier to watch full screen, like the Quidditch match.

Neil - who own's a widescreen Sorceror's Stone and a full screen Philosopher's Stone

No real surprise here.

How much you want to bet even after this "Definitive" DVD comes out Lucas will keep on making changes.

LEAVE IT ALONE ALREADY DAMN YOU!

Have you not done enough damage? :thumbup:

you know this sucks,that Hyperspace thing.Not only that,even spoiler websites like TFN are too friggen afraid to post pics now,do LFL lawyers really have jurisdiction and control over the entire Internet?I mean if you try to read or see spoiler pics even in the forums you get a bunch of geeks discussing by themselves and describing what they see in their goddamn Hyperspace memberships,leaving everybody else out by not posting pics.Are they afraid LFL will take over their PC's or cansel their precious Hyperspace thingy?What a bunch of wusses.So TFN sucks too,there...

k.m.

*g* just visit the link that i posted below my hyperspace statement, there you can find the images :thumbup:

"O Lord, you gave them eyes, but they cannot see..."

Don't go overboard. People can't see when they are not looking in the right direction. I'm sure it applies to you too in many cases. We're only talking about something technical here, not about norms and values.

But if this is true then this is even more uglier than I first presumed. Because I'm buying these so I get more movie, basically. Sad.

However, perhaps it does serve my point about the 'virtues' of widescreen, though not as I first meant to say.

Our eyes are laid out on a horizontal line ,at least for the non-monsters among us,so it makes sense Widescreen is more natural to look at.

K.M.