Countdown: 1(!!) Month Until Revenge of the Sith (Spoilers)

King Mark

OH and the goal is not to make him look like a puppet its to make him look real and NOT CG.

WI want the latter but it seems the former is what the purist want...

no the purist want him to look real, which the puppet did far more than the cgi does.

its the same problem with dobby, gollum, and yoda, they cannot approximate real eyes.

course in your pick Luke, Yoda looks like he was with Bruce Banner when he had his radiation accident.

Yoda the Hulk. He's too green, he was more olive before.

Is a scan from a magazine. The green is greener than reality...

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, after seeing these 2 images i´m quite confident that Episode III is AT LEAST PG-13! (Spoilers ahead)

http://img214.exs.cx/img214/7701/episode3n...ixvader10cs.jpg

http://img186.exs.cx/img186/8210/episode3n...ixvader24uj.jpg

I'll restrain myself from clicking on those.

k.M.

As will I. But it's a tough fight. I've already read more spoilers than I intended due to the score reports.

anyone want to know how Mace Windu dies, just PM me,

Joe, who definitely doesn't want to die the way Mace does for very personal reasons.

• 3 weeks later...
I closed it halfway. MEGA SPOILER o_o

It seemed CGI.  

Was it good?

First image reminds me much of The Mummy.

Second of statues like this

g-alexander-pella-mb-m.jpg

Here are some excerpts from an early review on the message boards at millenniumfalcon.com, regarding Williams' music:

And for all the shadow-play Palpatine has been upto in the last two flicks, his treachery is about as subtle* as John Williams' score in "Sith." Whether he's slowly drawing Anakin toward the Dark Side during an opera/performance art piece with his promise of the Sith's power of life over death, or he's engaged in a (spoiler) balls-to-the-wall lightsaber duel in the Senate with Yoda, his "Little, green friend" (his words, not mine - which I kinda dug, because, interestingly, I think it's the first time anyone's acknowledged that Yoda is green in any of the "Star Wars" flicks).

The twins, natch, are (spoiler) split up. Leia heads to Alderann with Bail Organa, and Obi Wan hands Luke over to Uncle Owen and Aunt Beru (indeed, the closing shot is Owen holding Luke while looking out over the setting suns of Tatooine - mimicking the shot of the adult Luke doing the same in "Star Wars",).

*Does this mean the music is actually subtle, or obvious, loud and treacherous?

I closed it halfway. MEGA SPOILER o_o

It seemed CGI.  

Was it good?

First image reminds me much of The Mummy.

Second of statues like this

g-alexander-pella-mb-m.jpg

I just bought a fiml magazine with SW special issue, it had those photos, they look great. 8O

apparently there are two running times as the digital version is different than the film version.

apparently there are two running times as the digital version is different than the film version.

But a difference of 9 minutes? That's quite a lot.

But screw it, I'm not going to see this thing twice theatrically. I'll be seeing a 35mm print, and the digital version is going onto the DVD anyway.

its just what I've read somewhere on this vast internet, but 9 minutes seems like alot.

I don't think the dagobah sequence is that long.

Is nine minutes long enough for the end credits in this one, I know they're long? Maybe that 2:20 was with credits, 2:11 without?

John- grasping at straws

I'm listening to Anakin's Theme now, and it's just amazing how beautiful this theme is. I'm now disappointed how little attention it receives in the other two prequel scores. Apparently its retrograde appears in Anakin's Dream et al (which I personally don't hear), but it's just not enough.

No, I mean

John- grasping at straws but asking a legit question even if it's an obvious one

I'm not a spammer.

Just kidding.I forgot the :)

K.M.Who doesn't konw the answer to the question either

I'm listening to Anakin's Theme now, and it's just amazing how beautiful this theme is.  .

It is,It's also kind of what's missing from the RotS c.d.I would have liked at least one beautiful theme on there.Anakin's Betrayal sort of tries but doesn't quite get there.

K.M.

I now see Lucas is punishing his fans by including a whole scene in the digital version that won't be in the 35mm version. I understand he wants people to see it digitally, but the majority of us will be seeing prints which means we won't be seeing his final version. Or maybe the digital version is just a gimmick.

Neil

I did a search for a digital projector in the entire state of PA, and came up with one that's about a 2 hour drive from where I live. I don't know if the database is up-to-date, but it's extremely annoying to know that he filmed this thing in a format that is not convenient for about 99.9% of the movie-going public. When it's tranfered to film, the picture quality doesn't hold up as well, and I feel kinda shafted knowing that I won't be able to view the "special" scene only available in digital.

Tim

Just kidding.I forgot the   :P

I figured. :angry:

And I kind of understand the absence of Anakin's Theme in its pure Episode I form, as it's really a theme for Anakin as a kid and is too child-like for adult Anakin. Its appearances in Episode II are very appropriate.

I now see Lucas is punishing his fans by including a whole scene in the digital version that won't be in the 35mm version. I understand he wants people to see it digitally, but the majority of us will be seeing prints which means we won't be seeing his final version. Or maybe the digital version is just a gimmick.

Uh... you don't WANT to see his final version.