Countdown: 1(!!) Month Until Revenge of the Sith (Spoilers)

King Mark

And to remind everyone,the space battle is the "big" CG sequence in this film,and that's already locked.  

don't be naive, KM, there are over 2000 special effect sequences in the digitization. Current plans are for the film version to be tweaked all the way to the middle of April. And there is a special cut of the digitization(not a film at all) that will be worked on up until about May 5th, that will play only in digital theatres.

The book comes out April 2nd btw, its currently being erroneously listed as Star Wars, the Making of Revenge of the Sith, its listed at 25.95 for the hardcover. Its by Matthew Stover, thankfully, not the uber awful R.A. Salvatore.

So all the secrets of the movie will be known in less than 3 months

don't be naive also Joe, both of you are right and wrong. It surely will end up a mixture of your opinions.

When they say that there are 2000 SFX, it means that shots contain digital material, be that just a window, or everything. In the former, Williams still can compose something...

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Luke, I'm not being naive, the film will not be locked until well after scoring. John will not see a final version of the film at all, unless he goes to a preview, or screening of the film. John has written his music, and will soon be scoring the picture, but his music will be treated like a couple of teenagers having sex in a horror film.

The recording sessions are still scheduled for February.

Hi Jim. Did you receive that info from the LSO? I'm asking this because I was set to write them an e-mail asking when the recording sessions will be held. Probably I'll be in London next February, so I'd like to know if my trip will coincide with the sessions.

Well,most of us who read spoilers know the story by now.The leaked screenplay from last year isn't far off from this.I will stop reading spoilers as of now,so I'll have forgotten most of the plot details by may.

K.M.

Luke, your opinion is based on nothing,

mine is based on reading the link you posted. Before you criticize me, you should read it yourself. Quit being a pansy by attacking Star Wars, just because I think ROTS is typical of the prequel series. At least I have the balls to read it, not worrying about spoilers as if life would forever be altered for the worse by finding out certain things.

I'd say your the angry one, I am being honest, and unafraid, unlike yourself.

I would like to enjoy the movie too, but I see problems with it, perhaps in execution it will be better, but like Vader you'll just have to find my lack of faith disturbing.

The thing is Luke, and this is just my opinion, the movie could be great and you'd like it and so would I, or the movie could suck and you'd like it, and I would not.

I read it...I agree with Joe, rather typical. BUT, it seems like a really great vehicle for JW's music. Some bad movies restrict the composer, but I don't think this one will. There are just so many dramatic moments in it, and even if they're poorly directed (I'm guessing...yes), JW probably won't be hindered.

I would like to enjoy the movie too,

You have not showed interest in any part of the prequels (come on, something, even a little scene, at least has to be done well), it would not be different this time.

And cerrabore, to joe, even JW score will be crap. Or at least in the same leage as hook.

Luke, you're mistaking me for someone else. I have consistantly trashed the score for AOTC, and I have thought that AOTC was badly acted, but watchable. Yes I gave AOTC a great first review after seeing it at a great midnight showing, but it just doesn't hold up.

I like parts of TPM, its a better movie than AOTC, and it does feature a great score.

Yes I gave AOTC a great first review after seeing it at a great midnight showing, but it just doesn't hold up.

So at least you had a great night at the movies.

K.M.

Yes I gave AOTC a great first review after seeing it at a great midnight showing, but it just doesn't hold up.

So at least you had a great night at the movies.

K.M.

That's more than I had.

Neil

Luke, you're mistaking me for someone else.  I have consistantly trashed the score for AOTC, and I have thought that AOTC was badly acted, but watchable.  Yes I gave AOTC a great first review after seeing it at a great midnight showing, but it just doesn't hold up.

I like parts of TPM, its a better movie than AOTC, and it does feature a great score.

You bash then so much i must forgot or asuume you didnt like anything. Sorry for the misunderstanding

Neil has no redeption though ;)

Maybe anakin Skywalker and not vader will save him 8O

You know what's so funny to me?

every thread about Star wars, there are more posts by the 3-7 vocal haters of it than the majority of people who like or even love it.

Why ae you haters so damn vocal? Please don't take this as an insult when I say... SHUT THE **** UP ALREADY!!!!

:pukeface: LOL

Luke, the question isn't what's a ****?

its what's ****? A subtle, but huge difference. Think of a 4 letter word that sounds like pit, only without the p, and add a s & h.

Luke, the question isn't what's a ****?

its what's ****?  A subtle, but huge difference.  Think of a 4 letter word that sounds like pit, only without the p, and add a s & h.

I was just joking, of course i know the common word for feces!

Possible description of the trailer (possible date of release 11 march) :

Palpatine: "The Dark Side of the Force is the pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural."

Anakin: "Is it possible to learn this power?"

Palpatine: "Not from a Jedi."

http://www.theforce.net/latestnews/story/R...ption_88965.asp

so how many of you will read the novelization before the movie comes out?

I will.

No way! Someone sent me the story outline late last year in an e-mail and never told me what it was. I started reading it and a couple of paragraphs in I realized it was the real thing. So I stopped reading.

It's easy enough to guess the main plot but I want to be surprised by the little things. When I saw TPM I knew Qui-Gon would be killed (because of the OST track titles) but I didn't know Darth Maul would because I thought he'd be back in later films. Shocked me it did.

This should be interesting. You're sitting in the theatre, there's a giant blast of music, and the words STAR WARS fill the entire screen. Shortly after you are told this is a story about war. Really? :thumbup:

All kidding aside though, I must say I'm slowly getting a bit excited for this film, and I'm already looking forward to the score.

- Marc

War! And the joke is, in his new "Star Wars" movie, the war is being told to us in the crawl and not actually shown on screen! This movie picks up at the end of the Clone Wars, after the last one just told us it was beginning. Show, don't tell George! Does anyone else think the whole prequel idea was just poorly conceived from the start now?

Neil

Hey I like the new crawl its great, I mean it.

I love how it starts out

WAR

Though I have to admit, I am confused as to which "George" made this movie.

War!  And the joke is, in his new "Star Wars" movie, the war is being told to us in the crawl and not actually shown on screen!  This movie picks up at the end of the Clone Wars, after the last one just told us it was beginning.  Show, don't tell George!  Does anyone else think the whole prequel idea was just poorly conceived from the start now?

Neil

Well, there is the conflict in coruscat (opening), the conflict in Kashyyyk (Clone turn arroud i suppose), The search for Grievous in Uatapau (i think), the duel in Mustafar...

Yeah lucas is keeping it all for himself.

Luke, who thinks that in the OT we started with a battle begun years ago, and a major victory told in the opening too. Plus we got two sequels in what half of it is the personal livings of the main characters.

Yeah that is Star Wars.

The point is, you cannot tell the whole war (being it clone or civil) in three movies, unless

a) they are following one another (no 2-3 year break)

B) you make visual summaries in the opening which with the opening crawl, cannot be done)