Star wars - ROTS - First glimpse of the soundtrack here !

JimmyCactus

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

there isn't enough to know anything KM, certainly not enough to have an orgasm over.

Two more ads can be seen here.

And the music in "Unleashed" and "Tragedy" sounds like a variation on the trench music from Star Wars, just before Luke fires the proton torpedoes.

Neil

that raft thing over the lava didn't look too good.

I was waiting for someone else to say it first. It seems CG surfing still doesn't look good yet, whether its on tidal waves or lava.

Neil

Yes, the chorus notes and the ringtone are the same theme! Joe is right, it's not enough for a climax just yet, but it's interesting.

Ray Barnsbury

Wow. First impression = Not immediately memorable - the theme sounds like a rip off of Cinque's theme from Amistad. But I'm hoping the fully developed arrangements etc will lodge the theme properly and faithfully into our memories.

It isn't immediatly catchy....it reminds me of something from Wagner's Ring (Ofcourse Star Wars is compared to this, but I mean more directly in terms of sound and melody) ...very direct and simple...but not bad...what I like most about it is that it doesn't powerfully sound like something we've heard in star wars before...its no Duel of the Fates though, but thats okay...anything better than Across the Stars...

-Murdoch (back after many many years of reading and reading but never posting)

Awesome. I can't wait for the album. But why do they keep using that horrible edit where the Imperial March so ungracefully slam cuts to that ba-doom sound at the end? That doesn't sound cool. It sounds horrible. ;)

I'm thinking the theme is meant to be this:

in concert d minor, on french horn:

/ minim-tied to quaver, quaver, crotchet / minim, minim / minim, minim / minim, minim /

/ D E F / F E / D C / E D /

The first six notes are a truncated version of Duel of the Fates (DEFFED as opposed to DEF[GBbG]FED), the final four notes are a preliminary version of Darth Vader's Theme, and the majority of the phrase (....FEDC..D) is sort of Anakin's Theme. But this of course was not necessarily "planned" so meticulously.

Well, it's in 3/4, so much can be heard on the cingular clip. That clip goes like this:

Battle of the Heroes excerpt (Scorch file)

Note that in the choral excerpt during the "Tragedy" trailer, the two notes in measure 3 are different (C E instead of D C)

Please don't anyone hate me for this (anymore than you already do) LOL

But I dunno if I like this theme or not... The Music for the trailer is interesting, but I find it quite cliché and almost corny.. but I remember thinking the same thing for some Harry Potter POA trailers but I loved that score ;)

We will see 8O

I am slightly reminded of Elfman's Spider-man theme.... I think it's the strings that does it.

The motif is good, and the bubbling and tortured rhythms beneath are great, especially the Cellos and Trombones. The Horns sound dry, like in Episode IV. Maybe they're bridging the gap in the sound Engineering?

I couldn't tell what was going on with that speedy Lava Platform. If it was supposed to be on the Lave it didn't work. The white mist made no sense.

If it was supposed to be flying, it seemed again, too advanced for the OT. But then again, its a big universe.

Really epic stuff! I like it! Very wagnerian and full-blown.

And the new tv spots are very good (apart from some atrocious music editing... 8O), very dramatic and tragic.

Anakin, you're breaking my heart!!... cheesy dialouge and performance once again. ;)

Its a nice contrast only hearing the melody in the ringtone thingy and then being able to hear the

fuller arrangement in the commercial. The other choir line underneath - kind of dissident

at times - makes a big difference for the better. Its the kind of weightier, darker atmosphere that

everyone has been expecting and that gets me particularly excited to hear the whole score.

- Adam

How do we certainly know this is Battle of the Heroes? Just because the ringtone is titled like that doesn't mean it is. If you search for Harry Potter ringtones you get constantly Harry Potter music that is titled 'Hedwig's Theme' and then you hear the Nimbus theme.

This could easily be another theme.

I have mixed feelings about this. I'm reserving my opinions of this for now. Once the soundtrack and movie come out, we'll be able to see how this works out. And I thought the "Anakin, you're breaking my heart was really cheesy. But that chorus did sound really powerful!

mmm I thought the orchestration was excelent, but the theme rather simple... :)

And did anyone noticed that in one moment Anakin has his scar on the opposite side??

Mmm to many weird things on a single ad....

And did anyone noticed that in one moment Anakin has his scar on the opposite side??

That shot is flipped. His hair is also parted the wrong way.

Neil

the acting looks to be in line with the last two....sure its star wars, it doesn't have to be masterpeice theater...but come on guys....the acting in these films...embarassingly bad...infact, very humorous, i hope Episode III gives us some "good" acting moments like, "I hate sand" and "now this is podracing" among other greats.....

oh yeah that goober guy in empire..."Your tauntaun will freeze before you hit the first marker!!" that was another great line....

another classic trilogy acting moment is all of Leia's ewok village dialogue during Luke's revelation...

"if he can feel your presence than leave this place"......"hold me!"

I have mixed feelings about this. I'm reserving my opinions of this for now. Once the soundtrack and movie come out, we'll be able to see how this works out. And I thought the "Anakin, you're breaking my heart was really cheesy. But that chorus did sound really powerful!

Hopefully it'll be covered up with a tragic statement of Across the Stars or something...and hey, at least Natalie Portman's (trying to) show emotion. That sets this apart from the previous two episodes.

Here's a midi I made of Battle of the Heroes. The orchestration doesn't really resemble what we've heard so far...still, considering the theme's reported presence in the film, we should be getting plenty of different orchestrations of it. Sequencing this MIDI helped me better understand the tempo of the theme. I think the problem is that with both the ringtone and the trailer music, the first beat or two is cut off.

Here's a midi I made of Battle of the Heroes. The orchestration doesn't really resemble what we've heard so far...still, considering the theme's reported presence in the film, we should be getting plenty of different orchestrations of it. Sequencing this MIDI helped me better understand the tempo of the theme. I think the problem is that with both the ringtone and the trailer music, the first beat or two is cut off.

Orchestration is not bad :wave: But you got the rhythm all wrong. And what makes you think something is cut of? It doesn't sound like that (moreso, in the "tragedy" clip it plays twice, so you can hear without a doubt nothing is cut of at the beginning). Have a look at the Sibelius scorch file I posted earlier in this thread :)

Hello!

Sorry if that's been posted before, but here LINK DELETED BY MODERATOR

you'll find a lot of information, pics and interviews with Johnny Williams about scoring Revenge of the Sith!

Best Regards

Markuz

I'm sure Lucas will digitally re-part Hayden's hair and move the scar to the other side of his face. Don't forget, the movie is still in the last-minute tinkering phase :wave:

...and will be for some time. :)

Jeff

That?s interesting. A new "fun", percussive piece for Grievous? Must be the context of the scene. He mentions 3 or 4 new ?pieces? wich include a couple lamentations. Its not clear if he means this in the sense of new thematic material or just in the sense of something like the The Asteroid Field being a new piece. And, not surprisingly, he mentions revisiting the old themes even more than in any other film.

He also addresses one of the criticisms that gets repeated maybe as much as any other - that he

only scores the obvious emotion that?s on the screen. He says he does this often but that sometimes its necessary to to score the ?undertext? of emotion that isn?t actually on the screen, gving an example, I assume, from Anakin and Padme's encounter in the movie.

- Adam

I'm sure Lucas will digitally re-part Hayden's hair and move the scar to the other side of his face. Don't forget, the movie is still in the last-minute tinkering phase :wave:

...and will be for some time. :(

Jeff

he doesn't have to, because the shot was mirrored for the trailer, to make it flow better. In the defintive film, we will see it right :)