Will JW do another Potter movie???

Josh500

Will JW do another Potter movie?  

26 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes, eventually.
    • No, never again.

What do you think??? I certainly hope so. I think the HP series is the most important thing JW did after Star Wars. It did a lot to make him known among his younger listeners, for one thing, and received two Oscar nominations, for another. I hope he'll return, even if it is to score just the very last installment.

:);)

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, eventually.

Doyle?  That was just a rumour, debunked long ago, i think.  Jarvis Cocker is scoring the next Potter film.

Oh, boy I'd . . . cry.

I really hope Doyle does as great a job with this as Williams did with the first three.

~Sturgis

Williams did not do a great job with the second one.

sure he did given the time constraints, he wrote the Fawkes Theme and the Chamber of Secrets theme, both are classic, hell they are lengendary now, among his fans.

Williams did not do a great job with the second one.

I am sorry, but i have to say, CoS is as brilliant as the other two!!! It describes the dark mood of the film perfectely!!

With the tracks: Chamber Of Secrets, Gilderoy Lockhart and Dobby The Houseelf, it's a marvellous score!!

Fawkes is one of the best themes ever. Chamber is a great dark melevolent theme. Lockhart, Dobby, Myrtle, and Spiders all suit their scenes perfectly, especially Spiders and Lockhart.

~Sturgis

If they aren't that overjoyed with Doyle's efforts (which isn't that likely - they'll laud anything from this Brit, I'm sure), then yes, he'll come back, for "The Order of the Phoenix" and then the seventh book, "The Wicked Legacy," to keep up his odd-numbered score efforts, with the interesting task of weaving in another composer's or composers' themes. Obviously I made up that title. But it'll be fun to confuse some fans, in the beloved JoeinAr kinda way.

the seventh book, "The Wicked Legacy"

. . .

What?

~Sturgis

don't worry, that won't be the title, how drearily dull.

Doyle?  

That was just a rumour, debunked long ago, i think.  

Jarvis Cocker is scoring the next Potter film.

A pity. I wish it were Tom Petty. I did my research and it seems he was the man behind Batman, so I say give him a shot.

To what i think, it depends on how well Doyle will do with the score for GoF. If doyle's score turns out to be so bad, then John Williams might come back.

I can't see Doyle's score being bad. I presume Mike Nichols had a hand in Doyle's allocation to the project as they have collaborated before (Donnie Brasco).

I very much doubt Williams will score anymore of them unfortunately. He prefers pastures new anyway!

The score for Prisoner and azkaban is the best score i heard from john williams with the double trouble motifs throughout the movie.

I can't see Doyle's score being bad. I presume Mike Nichols had a hand in Doyle's allocation to the project as they have collaborated before (Donnie Brasco).

You mean Mike Newell.

This would be an entirely different movie with Mike Nichols involved.

isnt John William reason from not doing the next harry potter film because he has got a clash of writing the music score for Memoirs of a Geisha? which is the same time as the next harry potter film (Goblet of fire). Well, he could be able to come back and do Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0373889/

just looking at the IMDb movie database site, David Yates is going to Directed Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix which comes out in 2007.

I don't think JW will ever return. The producers seem to feel the need to continually hip things up or something. It's only a matter of time before the MV crowd takes over. :|

- Marc, who thinks Harry Griegson-Williams and John Powell need to do another film together, though.

Well no, not Harry Potter. But I'd love to hear something like Chicken Run again.

I'm in love with "Building the Crate."

~Sturgis