Listen to Shore's A History of Violence

QMM

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another one down....

Shore also got Horner's syndrome, sadly.....

Looks like all of his next scores will be based on LOTR thematic material (like H.'s Breveheart).

Bahhhh.....

I wouldn't despise Shore because of that because I dearly love his LotR work and every new variation of it is highly welcome :sigh: , but yes, it seems like Shore has nothing new to tell us.

"Tom's Theme" ... it's the "Grey Havens", non?

I've already had exactly the same feeling when I heard Aviator.

Another one down....

Shore also got Horner's syndrome, sadly.....

Looks like all of his next scores will be based on LOTR thematic material (like H.'s Breveheart).

Bahhhh.....

I say, if it works, so it. The Aviator's main theme certainly does sound liike something out of LoTR at first, but once you listen to the score, and realize A. that it's a bloody perfect theme for Howard Hughes and B. that it's only a starting point for a wonderful score full of other ideas that have nothing to do with LoTR, than you kind of forget about the LoTR similarity. I can't hear LoTR in The Aviator any more, and I've come to love the latter score more than the former.

As for HoV, it's very different than what I was expecting (I for some reason imagined something in the vein of Unbreakable). I can see myself liking this score. But I am surprised that there isn't more dramatic material, and that the 'Ending' is a relatively pastoral piece.

• 7 months later...

I've recently bought this CD and I like it - so far I really like Shore's material for Cronenberg films. Tracks 1 and 6 stand out for now.

• 14 years later...

I had this score.

Very good.

" Run" had a nice John Barry vibe.

6 hours ago, gkgyver said:

Is this the biopic of [removed because no politics allowed]? 

You're lucky you removed it- otherwise I would have had to return you to the PHANTOM ZONE!😵