Harry Potter & The Order Of The Phoenix

Josh500

Will Williams score it?  

27 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes, most definitely. After all, he couldn't score GoF just because of schedule conflict.
    • No, unlikely. Even if he was asked, he'd decline.
    • Only if it turns out that Doyle's music is crap.
    • Other.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Option two, I would reckon. It is possible, however unlikely. Williams likes to move on, and three moves are enough - particullary consdiering it's a total of seven films, which is a lot, and he was bound to drop out at one point or another.

I think PoA was the last for Williams. Besides, remeber that one of the reasons for Williams to accept HP was Chris Colombus. And he is not even a producer from GoF and on.

Unfortunately, I think it will be option 2. But I think there is a very good chance he will come back to Potter. He's never been in a situation like this before (nor has any film composer, really), so only time will tell. So far he only has one likely project (the Lincoln thing, and maybe Indy 4) on the horizon for 2007, so you never know. With his Lucas collaboration out of the picture for the near future, you never know where he might go.

I don't think he would want to become a series- composer or however you want to call this.

Not that being the John Barry of the Potter series would be a bad thing, I just don't think he'd like it.

And, as horrific as it sounds, he might die until 2007. Sounds rude, but you have to consider that possibility :mrgreen:

He's never been in a situation like this before (nor has any film composer, really), so only time will tell.

Yeah, Goldsmith came back after four movies for Star Trek V: The Final Frontier.

Likewise John Barry returned to the Bond series several times.

I don't think he would want to become a series- composer or however you want to call this.

Couldn't he already be considered a series-composer with Star Wars? Whenever I mention Williams and somebody knows who he is, he is always "the guy who did the music for Star Wars."

I'd rather have had a Williams score for GoF than for War Of The Worlds or Episode III, but I'm pretty sure that's just me :)

He'd have lost quite some prestige if he hadn't done ROTS I guess.

@ ridan

I don't think you can compare Star Wars and Harry Potter. The bond between John Williams and Star Wars is based on more than the usual "well, Williams did it again".

Plus, I don't see how Star Wars is a series. It's two trilogies with two big stories and one huge arc.

Harry Potter on the other hand is a series with seven individual storylines, held together by a basic plot, which is Voldemort vs Harry.

I'd rather have had a Williams score for GoF than for War Of The Worlds or Episode III, but I'm pretty sure that's just me  

Nope. Me too. And I'd imagine at least a few others. :)

Ray Barnsbury

A basic plot, which is Voldemort vs Harry.

Except for Prisoner Of Azkaban. The Third one from Harry Potter didn't to do with Voldemort at all. The plot for this was basically to do with Sirius Black and Harry.

Sure, but everything always comes down to Voldemort, doesn't it? Even in PoA, his shadow is lurking over the story.

A little OT question: I heard there'll be only five Potter films made, is that true?

It's still part of the overall plot. As a whole. POA probably ties into more of the other parts than any other. The 7 parts may be a bit more separated than the parts of the SW trilogies, but they're not as "serial" as, say, the Indy plots.

Marian - who therefore thinks HP lies somewhere in the middle. ;)

I had to opt for number 2. I think Williams has run his course in the harry potter series. I think at this point in his life, he probably wants to do as much of a sampling as he can. He knows he can do harry potter - but these other projects probably have something in them that is interesting to him. of course i would love to have another hp score by williams, but poa has pleasantly found it's way into my ipod and it's ok. . . .

Renovia

P.S

That HP pic in Sturgis' sig has either a quidditch pitch or a dragon task in it.

About Quidditch: to be honest, I've never understood the fascination about that "sport". Every time I read a Potter book, I quickly run over it and get back to the story.

Therefore, I'm glad that Quidditch won't interrupt the story this time.

1) Quidditch is actually a fascinating sport... something I can't really say about football & co.

2) It's damn well written. Every match is different, and they're all involving (at least those that get more than two or three paragraphs). I was more thrilled during most quidditch chapters than I'll ever be during a football match.

Marian - :)