Episodes II & III Ultimate Edition Soundtracks?

Padme

Are these ever going to be released? ROTFLMAO I have written to Sony Classical in the past asking about it but of course never heard anything in reply. Does anyone out there have a clue if we will ever see these masterpieces at last?

Thanks ROTFLMAO

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I;m 99.9 % sure that we will see these released, but It will not be anytime soon.

The only reason TPM Ultimate Edition was released was because they wanted to cancel out the bootlegs of that score that were going around.

Thats such a shame, Im dying for these soundtracks. i hope they dont wait as long as they did with the original trilogy soundtracks!

I;m 99.9 % sure that we will see these released, but It will not be anytime soon.

The only reason TMP Ultimate Edition was released was because they wanted to cancel out the bootlegs of that score that were going around.

so,we have a 92 minute RotS bootleg now.Should we start selling it massively on ebay?

K.M.

Along with a decent expanded TPM I suppose. We'll just have to be patient for some years.

Marian - wondering how good the Potter scores' chances are in that regard.

ROTFLMAO Star Wars: Battle for Naboo (Chris Hülsbeck)

No as bad as Paramount or Universal,they did allow release of Superman the Movie.Plus the Potter scores were recorded in England,doesn't it mean there's no re-use fee?

K.M.

We can hope, but the expanded ROTS score is awesome if you've got some time to spare to assemble it. ROTFLMAO The only bad thing is that it's a work in progress, so rest assured as soon as you burn it to CD new music will be found and the whole damn editing list will be altered. ROTFLMAO

I was beeing serious.Would it take selling the RotS boot on e-bay to make Sony release a "ultimate Edition " or something?In the case of RotS,a UE would be just fine,because most of the original cues are not edited,unlike TPM.You can just re-burn new c.d.'s without he stuff tracked from TPM and AotC. and it would be perfect.

k.M.

I was beeing serious.Would it take selling the RotS boot on e-bay to make Sony release a "ultimate Edition " or something?In the case of RotS,a UE would be just fine,because most of the original cues are not edited,unlike TPM.You can just re-burn new c.d.'s without he stuff tracked from TPM and AotC. and it would  be perfect.

k.M.

I was thinking that. Maybe someone here who's gotten editing down to a science (not me obviously ROTFLMAO) could maybe offer these on ebay. Wasn't that what got Sony to release the UE for TPM in the first place as well? I mean as far as bootlegs of TPM being offered on ebay?

The only reason TMP Ultimate Edition was released was because they wanted to cancel out the bootlegs of that score that were going around.

I'm really not sure that's why it was done.

Neil

One thing's for sure,the STUPID petition we sent to Sony Classical and Lucasfilm to critisise the UE and call it a fraud might have pissed off the only people there that actually cared about making these releases,so it's not helping us now.

k.M.

One thing's for sure,the STUPID petition we sent to Sony Classical and Lucasfilm to critisise the UE and call it a fraud might have pissed off the only people there that actually cared about making these releases,so it's not helping us now.

k.M.

I agree...

Maybe, in time, bootlegs of RotS will start to crop up on eBay etc. - just remember that there was virtually no additional video game music for AotC available, and RotS has only been out a few months, so there's hope yet...

Rob - who wouldn't think twice about buying a RotS UE, but AotC...

Hi Padme and welcome to the Message Board! :wave:

I have wished for a complete score release for as long as these prequels have been in the making :)

ROTS sounds now so much better since I have heard few of those exquisite unreleased cues and movie versions (thanks to all hearty souls who have contributed to the SW prequels resourse thread :) ). My respect for that score has grown very much. I love AOTC just as much because it is so different from the other scores ( I have defended it from the day one) . I really really hope for their quick complete release.

Dude, I can't wait for AOTC UE - I need to hear the music fade out when their kiss pulls away again.

:roll:  

No, seriously, I'm with you Padme.  I'm dying for those to come out soon!

Fade out implies the music stops.

CLEARLY IT DOESNT.

Like han and Leia's in TESB

Welcome Padme! :)

grr... I'm happy they came out with an UE of Phantom, but I still want the bootleg... it has the REAL music on it as opposed to a rehash of some of the tracks from the original release.

For instance the ACTUAL Celebration Music???

Maybe even the vocal-less Duel of the Fates... grr

I, too, emailed Sony about the release to no avail--as I'm sure many people have.

I love how John Williams aranges the albums but at the same time, I'd like the option to listen to how it really was presented in the movie.

I don't care how I'd get a proper full version of the music from Episodes I-III, as long as I get it. If they'd release proper versions, I'd happily buy them. If they don't, I hope someone can give me a hand in getting some bootleg version or something. I'd make them myself according to the instructions available through this site, but unfortunately my sound editing skills are quite bad. Even if I do manage to make a reasonably good edit, I keep hearing the edit because I made the edit myself. :)

I don't care, either. I'm not such an audiofile that the UE bothered me, so as long as they handle the edits like they did for that, where you can't notice them unless you study the music, I'd be happy. Now, if they just threw in tracked and edited versions that sounded awful, that's another thing altogether...

As for AOTC, wouldn't it be great if they replaced the tracked music with original score? I know I'm dreaming, but who knows, if Wiliams scored anything for the scene, or if they're doing a Special Edition for the movie maybe they'll fix it.

I'm naive to think that they'd replace ALL of the tracked music, but maybe the huge action scenes like AOTC where there's 11 straight minutes or so of tracked music will be fixed.

I don't care, either.  I'm not such an audiofile that the UE bothered me, so as long as they handle the edits like they did for that, where you can't notice them unless you study the music, I'd be happy.  Now, if they just threw in tracked and edited versions that sounded awful, that's another thing altogether...

Uh....I'm sooooo confused right now :?

You're sure that you've been listening the Ultimate Edition right? We're talking the Phantom Menance right? I mean the actual Ultimate Edition of the Phantom Menace right?

:)

Tim

Yeah, like I said, I'm apparently not into it as much as you guys. I notice the change of pace and stuff, but it never sounds like a bad edit to me, just a quick change of pace or music, which I kind of like. It gives the score (especially in the last half) a sense of urgency. The only problem I have with the UE is that it cuts away so fast that just as music is getting good it switches. In that sense I wouldn't mind a "real" release, and I'd never be against further releases of Star Wars music.

What I meant by "bad edits" is that you can easily notice, even in the filme with sound effects to cover it up, edits that it appears no one bothered to test before throwing it into the movie.

I know I'll get torn to bits, but I really don't have any huge problem with the UE. I know it's not Williams' score as it was written, and that irks a lot of people, but it still sounds good to me.

I feel bad about having to go out of my way to obtain a bootleg version of a score. I don't like skipping out of paying the composer, but sometimes the labels force my hand when they wait 200 years to put it out there. I am in possession of a few (hush hush), and I really hope they put the rest of the Star Wars scores in complete form soon.

Tim

While I don't generally agree with pirating, especially movies and whatnot, I think film score is okay. I mean, let's look at it. Composers put all this work into a product, and then the company or the director decides that half of it isn't ever going to see the light of day. Not very fair, is it? So, as long as you're not making a profit off of it, I don't see a problem with it. That's always the rub. Never make a profit off of someone else's work. But at least Williams' awesome score is out there now, at least most of it.

You're right. I really wouldn't be able to sleep at night for not profiting from someone else's work. You're right. Going straight to hell. Thanks for the spiritual guidance there. Appreciate it.

If anybody is planning to actually circulate an RotS bootleg, be sure to include the tracked music and film versions (see boys_battle.mp3, boys_battle_2.mp3, and enter_vader.mp3). People love that shit.

I think Lucasfilm will be looking very closely at how the full-score release of Howard Shore's FELLOWSHIP score does this holiday season - because next year (2006) they will face their first year without the prospect of a new Star Wars movie in the future, and I think they will be looking to see how they can maximize the catalog. Perhaps 2006 would see a release of the TMP score as it was recorded, similiar to the RCA/Victor SE cds, in a lavish multi-disc boxset, perhaps even going so far as to include unreleased alternates like the original theme JW wrote for Padme that was rescored (a hint of it might be heard in that cue from the OBIWAN Xbx game).

2007 could see the release of a similiar set for AOTC and 2008 for ROTS. (By the way, I think all the instances of TPM music tracked in to AOTC was intended from the start - I even suspect the cue JW wrote for the conveyor belt may have been written entirely in his head - that is, not to any picture reference what so ever. I seem to recall interviews where they said that whole sequence was inserted last-minute to add some action to the second half of Act 2. Matthew Wood went on record with me saying that in fact the entire Battle of Geonosis tracking was planned - JW was never going to score those fight scenes. Simliarly, I think the use of TPM and AOTC music in ROTS was also planned and that JW never wrote music for Anakin attacking the Jedi temple or the wookie fight on Kashyyk).

I've also wondered if Lucasfilm might release some of these things to Hyperspace members once they run out of archival interviews, newspaper comics and BTS photos to attract new memberships and renewals. I could see them being made available as mp3s or maybe through iTunes (speaking of which, anyone else notice GOBLET OF FIRE is availabletoday from itunes?)

Personally, I don't think it will be 20 years before we see these released. I think at the very latest, they'll be released in deluxe complete editions when HD releases of the films are made.

Hey, has anyone watched all 6 from 1-6 yet? I'm going to watch Ep 5 tonight - it is a really interesting way to watch the saga when you watch them in numerical order....

I think Lucasfilm will be looking very closely at how the full-score release of Howard Shore's FELLOWSHIP score does this holiday season - because next year (2006) they will face their first year without the prospect of a new Star Wars movie in the future, and I think they will be looking to see how they can maximize the catalog.  Perhaps 2006 would see a release of the TMP score as it was recorded, similiar to the RCA/Victor SE cds, in a lavish multi-disc boxset, perhaps even going so far as to include unreleased alternates like the original theme JW wrote for Padme that was rescored (a hint of it might be heard in that cue from the OBIWAN Xbx game).

2007 could see the release of a similiar set for AOTC and 2008 for ROTS. (By the way, I think all the instances of TPM music tracked in to AOTC was intended from the start - I even suspect the cue JW wrote for the conveyor belt may have been written entirely in his head - that is, not to any picture reference what so ever.  I seem to recall interviews where they said that whole sequence was inserted last-minute to add some action to the second half of Act 2.  Matthew Wood went on record with me saying that in fact the entire Battle of Geonosis tracking was planned - JW was never going to score those fight scenes.  Simliarly, I think the use of TPM and AOTC music in ROTS was also planned and that JW never wrote music for Anakin attacking the Jedi temple or the wookie fight on Kashyyk).  

I've also wondered if Lucasfilm might release some of these things to Hyperspace members once they run out  of archival interviews, newspaper comics and BTS photos to attract new memberships and renewals.  I could see them being made available as mp3s or maybe through iTunes (speaking of which, anyone else notice GOBLET OF FIRE is availabletoday from itunes?)

Personally, I don't think it will be 20 years before we see these released.  I think at the very latest, they'll be released in deluxe complete editions when HD releases of the films are made.

Hey, has anyone watched all 6 from 1-6 yet?  I'm going to watch Ep 5 tonight - it is a really interesting way to watch the saga when you watch them in numerical order....

I do not share your optimistic appraisal of the situation...

k.M.

I think Lucasfilm will be looking very closely at how the full-score release of Howard Shore's FELLOWSHIP score does this holiday season - because next year (2006) they will face their first year without the prospect of a new Star Wars movie in the future, and I think they will be looking to see how they can maximize the catalog.  Perhaps 2006 would see a release of the TMP score as it was recorded, similiar to the RCA/Victor SE cds, in a lavish multi-disc boxset, perhaps even going so far as to include unreleased alternates like the original theme JW wrote for Padme that was rescored (a hint of it might be heard in that cue from the OBIWAN Xbx game).

2007 could see the release of a similiar set for AOTC and 2008 for ROTS. (By the way, I think all the instances of TPM music tracked in to AOTC was intended from the start - I even suspect the cue JW wrote for the conveyor belt may have been written entirely in his head - that is, not to any picture reference what so ever.  I seem to recall interviews where they said that whole sequence was inserted last-minute to add some action to the second half of Act 2.  Matthew Wood went on record with me saying that in fact the entire Battle of Geonosis tracking was planned - JW was never going to score those fight scenes.  Simliarly, I think the use of TPM and AOTC music in ROTS was also planned and that JW never wrote music for Anakin attacking the Jedi temple or the wookie fight on Kashyyk).  

I've also wondered if Lucasfilm might release some of these things to Hyperspace members once they run out  of archival interviews, newspaper comics and BTS photos to attract new memberships and renewals.  I could see them being made available as mp3s or maybe through iTunes (speaking of which, anyone else notice GOBLET OF FIRE is availabletoday from itunes?)

Personally, I don't think it will be 20 years before we see these released.  I think at the very latest, they'll be released in deluxe complete editions when HD releases of the films are made.

Hey, has anyone watched all 6 from 1-6 yet?  I'm going to watch Ep 5 tonight - it is a really interesting way to watch the saga when you watch them in numerical order....

One can only hope.

As far as the movies though I've watched TPM and AOTC all ready. I'll be watching ROTS tonight (Wednesday early morning here) and I'll be done with the Saga by Saturday.

see boys_battle.mp3, boys_battle_2.mp3. People love that shit.

:)

Really those drum overdubbs there have the same clicking sound as the Grievous and the droids from the ost and are diferent from the film ones.

Could it be a real alternate?

I'm having a marathon viewing on November 20th.