Best Williams "Love Theme"

robthehand

Best Williams Love Theme?  

62 members have voted

1. 1.

• Superman - The Movie (The Flying Sequence etc.)
    • The Empire Strikes Back (Han Solo and the Princess)
    • Raiders of the Lost Ark (Marion's Theme)
    • Return of the Jedi (Luke and Leia - in a *different* way...)
    • Indy & The Temple of Doom
    • Attack of the Clones (Across the Stars)
    • The Terminal
    • Other (specify)

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally, I love the Theme from A. I.

I sang it/arranged it for piano, two violins and baratone (lol) for my school talent show. Got second place yo... (shoudl have be first ::cough cough::) lost by like... half a point too! lol

Oh well. It was actaully my first relationships "song" hehe... good times good times...

Always loved those simple eight bars from The Terminal.  Just Beautiful.

i wholeheartedly agree. just caught the film two weeks ago and cant stop listening to the score.

as you said, so simple yet so beautiful..

Superman the Movie, its clearly the very best of the very best John has ever done

I have always had a liking for Luke and Leia; it is certainly one of JW's most accomplished and mature pieces. Shame it got a measily 5 mins of screnntime...

lets get this straight, especially to the newbies, and the pollster,

the Superman love theme is not the flying sequence, and its not Can You Read My Mind.

lets get this straight, especially to the newbies, and the  pollster,

the Superman love theme is not the flying sequence, and its not Can You Read My Mind.

Well it does say "The Flying Sequence etc." so perhaps he means all three.

Justin - Who voted for it because of "Love Theme From Superman"

For me it really depends on which factors I take into account. Musically, the Love Theme from Superman, Marion's Theme and Han Solo and the Princess are, well with the lack of a decent vocabulary, beautiful. In that way they are my favourites.

However, Across the Stars has so much story to tell. And the theme tells it so wonderfully, and hauntingly. A true test of Williams composer abilites. The only minus is really the similarity to the Hook-theme. But, I'm confident I can overcome it... :)

So Across the Stars it is!

Finally, Superman - The Movie smokes The Empire Strikes Back!

Neil

Superman bitchslaps ESB, :)

Superman - The Movie

Was there even a chance that anything else would be in the number one slot?

Anthony, still rather partial to "Jane and Logan" from The Missouri Breaks,

:mrgreen: "Art & The Minister" - Patrick Doyle, Needful Things

For me it has always been the Love Theme from "Jane Eyre". This early work captured both the great love between the two main characters, Rochester and Jane, as well as hints to the tragedy that their love will unfold.

Pieces of this writing can be found in later works as "Susan and Doug" from "The Towering Inferno", "Remembering Catherine" from Presumed Innocent", as well as the most recent " AcrossThe Stars" from "Attack of the Clones".

Secondly I do enjoy the Love Theme from "Superman - The Movie". This simple yet beautiful theme was the perfect accompanyment to the heroic doings of the main charcter. The lyrics by Leslie Bricusse conveys the wonder of Lois to this "God" who "belongs in the sky" to whom she falls hopelessly in love .

Secondly I do enjoy the Love Theme from "Superman - The Movie". This simple yet beautiful theme was the perfect accompanyment to the heroic doings of the main charcter. The lyrics by Leslie Bricusse conveys the wonder of Lois to this "God" who "belongs in the sky" to whom she falls hopelessly in love.

The lyrics, the way they are delivered that is, makes me want to--oh no, I'll be right back-- :angry:

The theme itself is wonderful, though.

~Sturgis