• Refugee Status
    • other

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I voted Anakin's Betrayal.

Looking back on 2005 I can say my 6 favorite tracks from the four released scores are:

REVENGE OF THE SITH

Battle of the Heroes

Anakin's Betrayal

Anakin's Dark Deeds

Anakin vs. Obi-Wan

The Birth of the Twins and Padme's Destiny

A New Hope and End Credits

WAR OF THE WORLDS

Prologue

Reaching the Country

Ray and Rachel

Escape from the City

The Reunion

Epilogue

MEMOIRS OF A GEISHA

Sayuri's Theme

Going to School

Brush on Silk

The Chairman's Waltz

Confluence

Sayuri's Theme and End Credits

MUNICH

Remembering Munich

A Prayer for Peace

Avner and Daphna

Avner's Theme

Thoughts of Home

End Credits

Nice choices there Mark. A tough decision for me to vote. Though in the end I voted "Star Wars and Revenge Of The Sith" especially for "Revenge Of The Sith's"(aka Battle Over Coruscant) full cue. That one I can not get enough of. :|

A tough choice. Have not heard Munich yet, and thought that of the other three ROTS had by far the best cues. Was a choice between BotH, Anakin's Dark Deeds and SW & ROTS. Went for Anakin's Dark Deeds. The ending fanfare - still officially unreleased in its entirety but amazing on CD none the less - is nothing short of spectacular. Works perfectly on CD and in the film,

Its early but I voted for Remembering Munich. Its unlike anything he's written in many respects and is probably the most important, prominent track in Munich. Sounds Israeli and feels about as mournful and moving as a piece of music could be. Also feels like the solo female voice is the perfect expression of that melody, though I like the cello version and oboe version as well.

- Adam

"Encounter in London and Bomb Malfunctions" from "Munich." I have only listened to the Soundtrack.net clips, but if the cue is titled correctly, then the music corresponds to two of the most exciting scenes in the film, aided by the music.

Nothing else comes close. Well, the "Munich" end credits maybe, and "Escape from the City" from "War of the Worlds." I loved the "Sith" end credits, but it's mostly previously written music.

Damn, this is a hard poll. Probably one of the hardest in which I've participated in a long time. I'm torn between my love lf "Confluence" and "Becoming a Geisha" from Memoirs, and my new love affair with "A Prayer for Peace" and "Avner's Theme" from Munich. Boy-o-boy, this is tough, but I'm going to go with my immediate reaction to "A Prayer for Peace". I was totally bowled over by this track, and only later did I realize that Spielberg pin pointed this selection in his liner notes as the highlight for him as well. It's still not the obvious choice for me, because I was so drawn to "Confluence" when I heard it, but since I have to make a choice, I'm picking "Prayer"...

Since I play the guitar, and was trained on the classical guitar, I have now been thoroughly convinced that Williams can write complex music on any instrument, despite the fact that he doesn't play them. This, in my opinion, is what really separates him from most composers. For a better example, listen to his concerti.

Tim

I must admit I was very wary before listening to Munich.I feel Memoirs of a Geisha just misses the mark emotionally with me.I don't really care for Sayuri's Theme or the Chairman's theme.But Munich is some of the most "intense" Williams is a while.My immediate reaction to Prayer for Peace,Remembering Munich and Avner and Daphnia is stonger than Anakin Betrayal or BotH and similar to listening to Theme For Jurassic Park for the first time.

K.M.

Okay, okay, so I haven't heard it all (far from it) but I voted for "Anakin's Dark Deeds" which I thing is the highlight of that album. It's rather varied, occasionally thrilling and it also packs a bit of an emotional punch too.

CYPHER