"Frequently Asked Questions About John Williams"

MSM

Would you like to have a "FAQ about JW" section?  

28 members have voted

1. 1.

• yes
    • no

whats a Signature Edition?

This remark made me thought that it might be a good idea to have a section at JWFan.net where new members and new JW fans can find answers to basic questions regarding JW and JW's music.

We could all add our contributions, and just need someone to moderate submissions.

What do you think?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it´s a great idea, not necessarily for us, the forum members, but rather for new members or people who accidentially come to this site...

Why not ask Ricard to make it part of the main site, rather than the message board? Seems like something more people would be interested in.

Oh, i thought that was the plan anyway :oops:

:mrgreen:

well, let me think of some questions (unsorted):

1. Who is John Williams? (with an explanation that he doesn´t play the guitar etc. :cool:

2. What kind of music does he write?

3. Does he also write other music than film scores?

4. What´s his most famous score?

5. Other famous scores

and so on...

A signature edition is a c.d. which John williams has personally signed.They are very rare and worth 25 points.

K.M.applying for the job

Who/what is Ilyjarjar??   :mrgreen:

I can answer that:

Born in a poor family at Pannaipuram in Theni Dist. His parents were DANIEL RAMASWAMY and CHINNATHAYEE.Date of birth is 3rd June 1943.

Ilaiyaraja’s break through came when he scored music for the tamil film "Annakkili" in 1976 (P.A .Arts)The movie was a runway success mainly because of the music.Then the producer "Panchu Arunachalam" started singing him up.

When Rasaiah ( former name of Ilaiyaraja) came to Scored music in "Annakkili" the producer "Panchu Arunachaiam" change the name Rasaiah as Raja.But on that time a music director named "Periya Raja" Was there.So, people get confused with name.You are looking young(ilaya in Tamil) & your age lessSo, we keep as "Ilaya+raja=Ilaiyaraja" This the reason for Ilaiyaraja.

Source: http://www.ilayaraja.freeservers.com/aboutraja.htm

:cool:

I vote yes.....to the FAQ thing, not the illyawhojamaflip thing......the whole signature edition thing had me confused for some time, since I don't tend to conduct orchestras much!

He has finally (!!!!) an official site, www.ilaiyaraja.com

If anyone argued about John Williams' black shirt, just check "Photos" section to notice Ilaiyaraja always wears the same white clothes.

Why not ask Ricard to make it part of the main site, rather than the message board? Seems like something more people would be interested in.

Why ask? Just tell him "This is what we want NOW. Make it happen" :music:

Why doesn´t Morlock notice my sarcasm?

Why does TIEfigher not see that Motlock did notive his sarcasm, but that Morlock's question kinda works, in context?

Why is anyone listening to Stealth?

It's an MV score, you know that, right?

You know that you are wrong, right?

Why doesn´t Morlock notice my sarcasm?

Why does TIEfigher not see that Motlock did notive his sarcasm, but that Morlock's question kinda works, in context?

What are we talking about anyway?!