JW doing the World Series

Wycket

Whoa! This completely took me by surprise! :angry:

It's nice to see JW doing so well--he looks pretty good, I thought.

It wouldn't surprise me if that announcer turned out to be a soundtrack freak like us. "The most accomplished composer of our time . . . whose film scores have helped provide the soundtrack of our lives . . . the pride of Boston . . . and the epitome of our culture . . . maestro John Williams!" Hahahaha. That's too much, I would say . . . except it's all true, of course!

Has anyone noticed that while the announcer says Boston Pops, the caption reads Boston Symphony?

Hey couldn't someone goto the mlb website get the video website location and goto zamzar.com and convert it to an avi and post it on the JWFan Main Page. Then it would be on this site for every John Williams fan to see. Just a thought. I use zamzar a lot for youtube videos.

That doesn't sound like a very easy way to remove the beeps - and it's certainly not lossless.

Nice arrangement of the anthem, but some of the opening chords felt very uncomfortable. Wrong notes?

:lol:

Some of us have moved on. Don't take it out on Red Sox Nation that your team made the playoffs all those years and couldn't even get out of the division series! :P

Half an hour...

James Taylor is singing the National Anthem tonite.

And while I'm not a Red Sox fan it was more than Buckner's error that blew the series against the Mets.

:lol:

Some of us have moved on. Don't take it out on Red Sox Nation that your team made the playoffs all those years and couldn't even get out of the division series! :P

Half an hour...

:P

Good one but it would have hurt a lot more if we didn't have 4 World championships...also btw we made it to the ALCS last year (but pulled a Rockies and didn't show up).

Note: another good thing about you guys winning the WS a few years back is that we no longer refer to the Giants fans as the "West Coast Red Sox Fans" -- now, they have their own category as the biggest losers in sports!

...also btw we made it to the ALCS last year (but pulled a Rockies and didn't show up).

Quite right, my mistake. I paid little attention to the playoffs last year, there just wasn't much interesting going on. BTW I actually really liked those early aughts Oakland teams, I would usually root for them (even if they weren't playing the Yankees :lol: ). Right now though west coast wise I really like the Angels, Vlad Guerrero might be my favorite player.

Wow, that was a very interesting arrangement! At times, it seemed as though the players weren't quite together. But I love the walking 8th notes in the lower brass near the end. So cool!

I think beeing introduced as the epitome of our culture was cooler than the anthem itself,even if 90% of the people in the stadium probably did not know who he was

I think beeing introduced as the epitome of our culture was cooler than the anthem itself,even if 90% of the people in the stadium probably did not know who he was

I'm sure they knew who he was. That was Boston, and he was the Pops conductor for 13 years, and remains very close to the orchestra. In that town the Pops conductor is always a famous man.

That announcer is such a fanboy!

Yeah the nerve of him. Who does he think he is? You would think he posts at JWFAN.COM with all that over hyped praise.

I'm sure they knew who he was. That was Boston, and he was the Pops conductor for 13 years, and remains very close to the orchestra. In that town the Pops conductor is always a famous man.

Thats very true.

Part of me wished one of the Fox guys had pulled Williams aside for a minute or two to try to pry some Indy 4 details out of him, even though I know Williams wouldn't have said anything of substance.

Part of me wished one of the Fox guys had pulled Williams aside for a minute or two to try to pry some Indy 4 details out of him, even though I know Williams wouldn't have said anything of substance.

Why only part of you?

As anyone read this?

Are this guys deaf? What's the big problem here? A little bit of dissonance?

I fear for the future of mankind (arts wise) if they fail to understand the quality in an arrangement because it uses another sort of musical device that is absent in the current top one song...

It doesn't sound dissonant. It sounds wrong.

That's not wrong. :rolleyes:

I agree with you, Miguel. Some people are too close-minded that will always prefer the same thing like this:

rather than an original and inventive arrangement for the occasion.

As anyone read this?

Are this guys deaf? What's the big problem here? A little bit of dissonance?

I fear for the future of mankind (arts wise) if they fail to understand the quality in an arrangement because it uses another sort of musical device that is absent in the current top one song...

Goddamned Philistines.

These idiots wouldn't know a thing about music if it bit em on the ass.

They should stick to the things they know about: like pretty colors and their "A-B-C"s. As is evident from this "masterful" analogy about the event from the article: "Darth Vader is trying to mess out the American people before he orders the Storm Troopers to take over Fenway Park."

What the hell does that even mean??

Fantastic original arrangement for a piece that has been heard thousands of times. I mean no offence to our American members, but I do feel this arrangement removed some of the "cheesiness" of the more conventional versions.

The second video on YouTube actually sounds more like dissonance and less "wrong," to me. Either that, or I'm just getting used to the arrangement, which I really like. I just wish that the snare wasn't so loud for this performance, so we could hear the trumpet counterpart during the B section.

Ray Barnsbury

"Welcome back to Fox's coverage of the World Series, I'm Joe Buck along with Tim McCarver and as we begin the 4th inning we have Maestro John Williams with us in the booth......" "So John I hear Big Papi listens to Raider Of The Lost Ark in pregame warmups...."

Did you get it yet John?

By the way it looks like Intrada will be releasing Bruce Broughton's score to Harry And The Hendersons tonite.

I've always liked this film.