Taikomochi

The Bear McCreary Thread

2 minutes ago, Jay said:

Yup!  Definitely more interesting to me than those silly thriller movies he did a year ago

You mean The Boy and The Forest I assume, and not 10 Cloverfield Lane (which I would categorize as a thriller).

Exactly, yes.  I love 10 Cloverfield Lane (score and film), and still have not bothered to check out The Forest and The Boy, and have no interest in seeing those films either

I like both The Boy and The Forest soundtracks fine, though I can't say I've listened to them more than 3 times each since their releases. I've only seen The Boy out of those two and as Bloodboal aludes to, it kinda goes a bit off the rails.

There certainly is a freshness to this Animal Crackers clip I posted above. New genre, new exciting possibilities.

On the occasion of McCreary's 38th birthday the bromance with Austin Wintory continues:

More McCreary news, well hints at news. He appears and sounds to be working on the upcoming Stephen King / JJ Abrams series Castle Rock on Hulu. I wonder if the music used in the teaser is the actual music for the main title and will Bear just score the main title, or the actual series as well. Either way, sounds like a pretty cool project to me.

Colossal soundrack out today digitally.

The music in the video sounds great. Will listen to the album tomorrow. Might actually go and see this one on the big screen when it's released over here. Never seen a McCreary film in the cinema but now seems like a good time to start.

16 minutes ago, Richard Penna said:

What the freaking f**k? :o

Better be a 2-CD release. You can't possibly fit all the highlights from 7 seasons on one disc.

You sure can. I hope it's just one disc, but McCreary has had a tendency to "over-represent" his soundtracks in the past, so who knows?

I'm a big fan of the show, but I can't really remember many musical highlights that would work as a stand-alone listen. It's mostly suspense drones. Cleverly orchestrated suspense drones, but suspense drones nonetheless. So that's another reason for keeping the album presention succinct. But hey -- I'm glad to be proven wrong, should that be the case. I will definitely be checking it out.

9 minutes ago, Thor said:

You sure can. I hope it's just one disc, but McCreary has had a tendency to "over-represent" his soundtracks in the past, so who knows?

Oh stuff your magic 50-minute attention span.

All I'm asking for is perhaps two hours of music. And before you go saying that he's 'over-representing' himself with that length, he does have 100 episodes to showcase. That's a rough ballpark of maybe 50 hours of music.

On 9/13/2017 at 11:52 PM, LaloCoyoacan said:

The walking dead soundtrack is available for preorder at amazon

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0757LHLZR/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

transparent.gif

Hmm, only one disc for 7 seasons. I really hope he's planning further volumes because this won't have more than the biggest highlights.

And a common problem with releases like this is that they tend to try to showcase the range of music, but in this case, the more horror/tension based material is likely to be less interesting away from the show. I think it should focus more on the emotional and dramatic cues.

2 hours ago, Disco Stu said:

The score is really good!  Apparently the movie isn't very good.  But hey, it's directed by Doyle from Gilmore Girls!

You mean Jonathan from Buffy! Yeah, it's his first as a director so I don't know what to expect in terms of the movie's quality. Biopics aren't usually the greatest of movies in my experience. I probably won't see it 'til next year at any rate. Anyhow, I'm grateful that he chose Bear and that we get to enjoy a great score!