Terminator Genisys

MSM

I just seen the latest full length trailer and the movie looks like passable borderline decent blockbuster fair, but absolutely nothing like the first two. The part where Arnie's Terminator smiles is just cringy, which tells you everything you need to know about the tone of this one.

They also seemed to show practically every single action sequence, cool highlight and plot point, so it's just as well I'm not exactly dying for this to be great. Just another reminder that I'm right to avoid trailers these days.

Need I even bother posting the full second trailer? It spoils a big plot point of the film. I don't want to be the one to bring that spoiler in.

Here you go

Anything the marketing department chooses to put in trailers and posters tends to not be considered a spoiler.

OK finally watched the trailer. Um, yea, it looks terrible. Bad special effects, bad acting, bad plot.

So John Connor is a robot now? WTF?

Everything I liked in the trailer I realized were just call backs to the first 2 movies.

I still want to see it, but my expectations are quite low.

Here you go

Anything the marketing department chooses to put in trailers and posters tends to not be considered a spoiler.

Who said so? I didn't know you were in marketing.

Bullshit, there's a plot twist reveal in that trailer which might have been quite good had they not casually spoiled it. Marketing don't give a shit about any of that these days and subtley in trailers (think Jaws) is a thing of the past. They're only interested in what secures teenage bums on seats and in today's age that means trailers have to be fast faster more more and nothing else.

I can still categorize certain official marketing materials as containing spoilers. Anything that, well, spoils major plot points or character secrets for starters!

I'm wondering if this is because of certain plot leaks more than anything else. I believe it's been said somebody saw the movie then broke a NDA they signed by spoiling the ending. There's also the older leaked script (though being older, some details are apparently different).

The marketing department at Paramount doesn't care about any of that. They are just cutting a trailer they think will sell the most tickets

The marketing department at Paramount doesn't care about any of that. They are just cutting a trailer they think will sell the most tickets

Like how shitily composed modern movie posters with photoshopped floating heads and orange and teal grading are able to sell movies to wider audiences?

Question. Nolan Gross was rumoured to be playing Skynet for a while now. But isn't that him playing kid John at the start of the trailer?

I thought Matt Smith's character was Skynet personified?

Nobody knows for sure until the film comes out (they've kept him pretty much out of the trailers, even when they revealed John's fate). A while back, TheTerminatorFans speculated that Nolan Gross was playing Skynet personified and every outlet took that speculation as fact.

The moral of the story is don't believe speculation.

Oh, and avoid trailers if you don't want spoilers. And the internet in general.

• 1 month later...

looks better than Jurassic World, and Star Wars the Chance to Forget the Prequels.

How can anyone in his right mind say that this trash looks better than Jurassic World, and even Star Wars VII? Terminator is dead, so dead, it's not even funny.

• 2 weeks later...

The diehards are blowing their fury on this film. I just see it as a bit of fun that isn't meant to replace or even compete with the original films. And it definitely looks better to me than the previous two installments. I wasn't even curious for the last film.