RIP John Morris

airmanjerm

Sad news. Big fan of Morris' work for Mel Brooks, and Elephant Man, among other things. Think I might listen to Blazing Saddles and Spaceballs again later. Morris's "pastiche" skills were great (they'd have to be, just for those Brooks films alone), and his work is really underappreciated in general. RIP!!!

2 hours ago, Incanus said:

RIP Mr. Morris. I particularly loved his Transylvanian Lullaby from Young Frankenstein.

Yeah, that's great. I especially like this version:

And of course the same album has a great take on JW's Devil's Dance:

1 hour ago, Richard said:

John Scott

Does he still compose?

I occasionally hear some of his music for Shogun Mayeda (I think) come by in shuffle and I'm always surprised by how good that sounds.

THE ELEPHANT MAN is my favourite score by him.

Sad news indeed, but good innings. Another great one of that generation lost. We have a few left, though -- Williams, Morricone, Quincy Jones, Lalo Schifrin, Michel Legrand, John Scott, Laurence Rosenthal, Stu Philipps, David Shire. I'm sure I'm forgetting a few.

1 hour ago, Thor said:

THE ELEPHANT MAN is my favourite score by him.

Sad news indeed, but good innings. Another great one of that generation lost. We have a few left, though -- Williams, Morricone, Quincy Jones, Lalo Schifrin, Michel Legrand, John Scott, Laurence Rosenthal, Stu Philipps, David Shire. I'm sure I'm forgetting a few.

9!!!! Alright, already! Geez.