Halt & Catch Fire

The Leftovers

Better Call Saul

Atlanta

Fleabag

The Good Place

Twin Peaks: The Return

I've seen six of these.

I suppose some might find it interesting that they chose Better Call Saul over Breaking Bad.

44 minutes ago, Quintus said:

I suppose some might find it interesting that they chose Better Call Saul over Breaking Bad.

I was going to say that it is because they're only considering shows that came out on the 2010s, but then I saw Mad Men on the list :(

Of those on the list, I just watched for entirely The Good Place, which I love, and BCS. Some of them I gave up.

Weird Rick and Morty is not on the list, but maybe the creepy fandom scared them away.

57 minutes ago, Edmilson said:

Weird Rick and Morty is not on the list, but maybe the creepy fandom scared them away.

I've heard about this before, but have never been exposed to it myself. I sub to the show's subreddit and I'm in a R&M FB shitposting group, neither of which stand out to me as being especially creepy or inappropriate. Weird how it keeps coming up though.

But yeah, I'd have included that over Bojack, no question. Amazing cartoon series.

I've only seen 4 of those (BCS, Twin Peaks, Good Place, and Fleabag... all good shows), but want to see the others to varying degrees.  I'd rank the order I'l likely eventually see them as something like

The Leftovers

Mad Men

BoJack Horseman

Atlanta

Halt & Catch Fire

Enlightened

There are certainly many other shows not on this list I'll likely check out before some of those, notably Rick & Morty, The Terror, The Expanse, Homecoming, Love, Easy, Modern Love, The Boys, The Man in the High Castle...

And boy are there a lot of great 2010s show not on that list, like HANNIBAL, Schitt's Creek, Breaking Bad, Fargo, True Detective, Black Mirror, Barry, Search Party, Mr Robot, Westworld, Mindhunter, Big Mouth...

17 minutes ago, Quintus said:

I've heard about this before, but have never been exposed to it myself. I sub to the show's subreddit and I'm in a R&M FB shitposting group, neither of which stand out to me as being especially creepy or inappropriate. Weird how it keeps coming up though.

But yeah, I'd have included that over Bojack, no question. Amazing cartoon series.

This is extremely cringeworthy:

But yeah, I guess it's just a noisy, whiny minority of histerical fans that give bad fame to the rest of the fandom.

Well, if we're doing more specific rundowns of this:

Mad Men

Tried it once several years ago, didn't quite grab me enough to stick with it.

Enlightened

Never seen it.

BoJack Horseman

It's OK; currently watching the latest season. But it's rather sluggish at times. Not the best animated series of the 2010s. Couldn't stand RICK & MORTY, but love series like FINAL SPACE or UNDONE, for example.

Halt & Catch Fire

Never seen it, but I love Paul Haslinger's score -- especially for season 1.

The Leftovers

Great show. Sometimes borders on Lindelof's "LOST complex" where the absence of answers eventually leads you into a 'bright white light' that answers (or fails to answer) all questions, but feels far more coherent than LOST. Richter's score is one of the best TV scores in the last decade.

Better Call Saul

Superb show.

Atlanta

Never seen it.

Fleabag

Good show, but some of the naturalistic "body fluid" elements are a bit of a turnoff for me.

The Good Place

Great one; looking forward to how they're going to wrap it now as it's entered its last season.

Masterpiece.

Some of my favourite shows that premiered in 2010 or later (and that are not anthology shows) are in the sci fi/horror mold: 

Äkta Människor (or its UK remake Humans)

The Walking Dead/Fear the Walking Dead

Dark

Dark Crystal: Age of Resitance

Ascension

Altered Carbon

Carnivale

Falling Skies

Game of Thrones

Helix

Les Revenants (season 1)

Revolution

Stranger Things

The Expanse

The Handmaid’s Tale

The Haunting of Hill House

The Last Ship

The Leftovers

The Mandalorian

The Strain

The Terror (season 1, NOT season 2)

Wayward Pines

Some favourites that are NOT sci fi or paranormal include:

Better Call Saul

Homeland

Justified

House of Cards

Black Sails

Homecoming

Mr. Robot

Narcos

The Americans

Taboo

Too Old to Die Young

And then finally some great comedy shows in the period include:

Bob's Burgers

Better Things

Broad City

Derry Girls

Episodes

Fleabag

Glow

Love

Master of None

Party Down

Red Oaks

Santa Clarita Diet

Schitt's Creek

Silicon Valley

Superstore

The End of the F****ng World

The Good Place

The Last Man on Earth

Vice Principals

You're the Worst

8 minutes ago, Thor said:

naturalistic "body fluid" elements

what

8 minutes ago, Thor said:

Carnivale

Dude, that's from 2003...

Just now, Jay said:

what

I'm kinda old-fashioned that way, so I don't like it when women talk about bodily functions as if it was a boy's locker room. I have the same issue with series like BROAD CITY and BETTER THINGS too, but in all these shows -- including FLEABAG -- the writing fortunately weighs up for it otherwise.

Just now, Jay said:

Dude, that's from 2003...

Damn, you're right. Don't know how that snuck on there.

17 minutes ago, Thor said:

I'm kinda old-fashioned that way, so I don't like it when women talk about bodily functions

:blink:

Fleabag is a breath of fresh air. I can't fault it.

Oh btw! Olivia Colman fans should watch it for her alone. It's like Nurse Ratchet reborn, she's absolutely brilliant in it!

I've tried and gave up after 8 episodes... sorta, because every time I tried to watch it I ended up falling asleep.

And I really liked the first two seasons of TP, binged them on my father's DVD set about a decade ago.

200.gif

With our new TV, one of my first urges was to watch Twin Peaks: The Return again.  I actually got a few minutes into the first episode before looking at the time and deciding against it.  I've already watched it twice since 2017 - if you know me and my rewatching habits, a third time is pretty much unprecedented this soon.

Otherwise, I've seen The Good Place and Enlightened (both great!) and the first two seasons of Better Call Saul, which were okay-to-good, but they lost my spouse's interest and I never got around to going the rest on my own.

Are we doing our decade top 10s here as well, or saving them for the JWFan Awards/Fannies at the end of the year?  A special 2010s awards thread?

42 minutes ago, Edmilson said:

I've tried and gave up after 8 episodes... sorta, because every time I tried to watch it I ended up falling asleep.

It's boring as fuck compared to S1&2. Great swathes of nothingness, punctuated by occasional moments of fleeting intrigue and wonder, but they are few and far between.

Just now, Naïve Old Fart said:

My fave TV shows (began, still running, or ended 2010 +)of the "teens", in no particular order:

That's a pretty wide definition.

HANNIBAL, Schitt's Creek, Breaking Bad, Fargo, True Detective, Black Mirror, Barry, Search Party, Mr Robot, Westworld, Mindhunter, Big Mouth...

I'd call most of them equally popular to most of the other ten shows on the list, though - and since you can only fit 10 shows on the list...

I was wondering if they're talking about, like, NCIS or the Bing Bong Theory or something, which were **wildly** popular but not necessarily any good!

1 hour ago, gkgyver said:

Is this another one of those lists that intentionally avoids wildly popular shows because its authors are too cool for school? 

Well, obviously. How interesting would a list of the most popular shows be? A ranking by viewer stats? I love that the selection varies between the popular and the less famous, even though I disagree with some of the picks.