The OFFICIAL Superman Returns Score thread

No it doesn't contain the drum roll before the "Main Titles". It's possible the music editors added that in at the last minute during the mixing of the score, sfx and dialogue.

the source for the drum roll would be the 'prelude and main titles' re-recording, wouldnt it?

No it's different in the film. If you've got it on regular DVD, rip the rear channels and compare the two.

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm surprised by how many people like this score. I've tried listening to it twice and its just done nothing for me.

I suppose I can give it a third chance some time.

The parts featuring the Williams themes were good enough - sounded nice recorded by modern technology, etc. But in between just nothing grabbed my attention at all

Probably didn't help that I didn't like the movie either

Yea, I've only listened to Superman 4's score one time, but enjoyed it quite a bit

Someone recommend me 3-4 tracks from the Superman Returns OST to try to sway my opinion of the score

Tracks 2-5 are probably the best. After all you can't go wrong with Legends of the Fall, Capricorn One, Brainstorm and some Williams bits, can you? ;) Later on the score pretty much looses steam.

Karol

yea I think part of my problem was I listened to the boot, and it was sooooooooooooooooooooo looooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnngggggggg

If you're not in love with a score yet, starting with the OST and then moving onto complete releases later is almost always the best way to go

I like it a lot - I think the new themes especially are great, but it has one big minus: the tracks that feature both Ottman and Williams (as opposed to a track full of Williams like the Main Title for instance) are sometimes awkward; they don't mesh all that well. The rest is very enjoyable though, especially amidst a lack of decent scores nowadays.