Reprise / Fly Away

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So Long Superman

It seems he is a superman indeed...

I'm sure you heard about this. The track name is just the confirmation:

Is Superman’s bulge too super? Warner Brothers says yes.

Brandon Routh joins the legendary ranks of Colin Farrell and Milton Berle in the large endowment society, after a report from British rag The Sun saying that his package is too big to fit decently into his Superman suit. Routh you may remember is the unknown cast by Bryan Singer to play the Man of Steel in his upcoming reboot of the Superman franchise, ‘Superman Returns’.

The Sun says it’s such a problem that Warner Brothers, taking a cue from Disney’s digital reduction of Lindsay Lohan in ‘Herbie: Fully Loaded’, has demanded that Singer and company cover up Brandon’s big bulge with digital effects. The Sun’s source says, “It's a major issue for the studio. Brandon is extremely well endowed and they don't want it up on the big screen. We may be forced to erase his package with digital effects.”

Sorry Stefan, but I had to :|

This is the battle of the Bulge Patton would have wanted to take part in :|

How long was this release? About an hour or so? I am not expecting Williams style from Ottman but a new version of the Main Title March will be interesting to hear. I hope Ottman has been given space to write expressive music instead of tinkering with subtleties. Bold big and brassy is the right way to score a Superman movie no matter what era we are living in.

Yes try to keep this on topic.

I'm pretty sure there are various other sites on the web where you can discuss large cranks.

So Long Superman

It seems he is a superman indeed...

I'm sure you heard about this. The track name is just the confirmation:

Is Superman’s bulge too super? Warner Brothers says yes.

Brandon Routh joins the legendary ranks of Colin Farrell and Milton Berle in the large endowment society, after a report from British rag The Sun saying that his package is too big to fit decently into his Superman suit. Routh you may remember is the unknown cast by Bryan Singer to play the Man of Steel in his upcoming reboot of the Superman franchise, ‘Superman Returns’.

The Sun says it’s such a problem that Warner Brothers, taking a cue from Disney’s digital reduction of Lindsay Lohan in ‘Herbie: Fully Loaded’, has demanded that Singer and company cover up Brandon’s big bulge with digital effects. The Sun’s source says, “It's a major issue for the studio. Brandon is extremely well endowed and they don't want it up on the big screen. We may be forced to erase his package with digital effects.”

Sorry Stefan, but I had to :P

this rumor has been debunked, or had you not heard, besides the Sun is hardly reputable, its like IMDB

Why is Williams not credited on the album? At Ottman's site, Williams' name does not show up anywhere. The album cover doesn't even credit the Superman theme to Williams! This vexes me.

Ted, terribly vexed.

I should have more clearly stated that it does not appear that Williams is on the album, based on the Rhino site and Ottman's site. He'll definitely be credited somewhere, as legally he will have to be (I believe), but for as much as Williams' theme/s is said to be used, it seems that he's getting a bum rap based on what's been released thus far. That is what vexes me. I apologize if I have vexed you in making the claim that he will not be credited on the album. But come on... no credit on the cover? Ridiculous!

Ted

From the FSM MB.

Has anyone considered that he DIDN'T WANT TO BE CREDITED ON THE FRONT COVER OF THE ALBUM???

It's very possible that he didn't want his name on the cover, he is afterall not  involved in the project other then the fact they are you using some of his themes and he  only wished to be credited in the copy of the CD and didn't want the average person thinking that he wrote the score instead of John Ottman.

At the beginning of Thaxton's very long, incoherent sentence, he says that "it's very possible that...," as if pointing out that it's a possibility. But by the end, he seems to be authoritatively saying that this is what Williams wanted. I find it hard to trust this, though it does raise a possibility that I hadn't previously considered.

Ted

mm it can be true Williams didnt want to be credited in the front cover... But they are puting in the page the entire crew (as in back covers) and then there should be Original themes by John Williams, as in JP III.

Why he wanted to be credited in JP III and not now? I suppose he lent the cuesheets to davis unlike superman's to ottman...

didn't want the average person thinking that he wrote the score instead of John Ottman.

I would prefer the average person knowing WHO wrote the Superman theme. If people started to think it is Ottman's its a loss for Williams....

Isn't the credit something that Warner Bros. could put on the CD without Williams permission? I figure they would do it if only to sell more CDs.

Tim

Though it did sound like Ottman was sick of hearing the Williams' main Superman theme when he said something like "I'm sure if we (the orchestra) hear the main theme again, we'll kill ourselves" :?

Tim

This was posted on moviemusic.com Ottman's site posted the listings with times now.

WEBMASTER'S NOTE: And it was reported on this site's main page before you posted this message.

1. Main Titles (3:49)

2. Memories (3:07)

3. Rough Flight (5:13)

4. Little Secrets / Power of the Sun (2:49)

5. Bank Job (2:21)

6. How Could You Leave Us? (5:49)

7. Tell Me Everything (3:13)

8. You're Not One of Them (2:22)

9. Not Like the Train Set (5:12)

10. So Long Superman (5:31)

11. The People You Care For (3:27)

12. I Wanted You to Know (2:56)

13. Saving The World (3:12)

14. In the Hands of Mortals (2:11)

15. Reprise / Fly Away (4:15)

And when I get vexed Mr. Bigglesworth gets upset. And when Mr. Bigglesworth gets upset...

evil4a.gif

People DIE!

This is the second time Kevin Spacey will have played a bald headed villian.

What about the film itself??? Is John Williams credited in the film?

If he is credited in the end of the end credits like some crappy source music i'll get angry.

Heck, if it was just the march, ok but in the end they used three or four of his themes!

Wow. This film looks like it will be mostly chitchat and character development, according to these track titles... I have high hopes that this is a GOOD thing. (You'd think they'd put more of the action score onto it than slow score -- I don't think they left out an hour of action music.)

Memories

Little Secrets/Power Of The Sun

How Could You Leave Us?

Tell Me Everything

You're Not One Of Them

Not Like The Train Set

So Long Superman

The People You Care For

I Wanted You To Know

But I do hope that some of these will turn out to be awesome action tracks like "Turning Back the World" and "Chasing Rockets" etc from Williams' score... such crazy-genius thematic weaving.

Williams didn't receive much credit in Goblet of Fire. If I recall, his name doesn't show up until well into the credits, and it is in the scrolling credits. He did at least show up on the one-sheet for the film, but in the film and on the CD, he name is rather downplayed.

Ted

I don't see why Williams' name has to be all over this thing anyway. He's not personally associated with this film. He just wrote some thematic material 28 years agot hat happens to have been used in this score.