November 28 - Superman DVD Set - Official!

Lurker

I can't believe it. I'm actually going to end up purchasing Superman Returns. :) But by my estimation, it will be cheaper to buy the 14-disc set than it would be to just get Superman: The Movie, Superman II, Superman II: The Donner Cut, and Look, Up in the Sky.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hm, I'm having a bit of a debate myself now. I'm definately getting the Donner cut and the 2-disc Superman Returns (one of the few here who really enjoyed it). I would also like the 4-disc of the original masterpiece, but I could live without it. Superman III and VI would make nice coasters. Or frisbees. $100 for the whole shebang? It might be worth it.

So Superman Returns will infact be with this box set that is schedualed to come out in November?

It clearly states that it is.

It looks... unfinished.

If I'm not mistaken, they won't have been able to do ADR or anything on this, will they...?

And about the music... I'm no expert, but the mixing sounds very strange.

That is so odd...

I'm not too familiar with the music from Superman, but that strikes me more as John Williams then Ken Thorne...did they track music from Superman into this?

Is this film going to be released on DVD or in theatres (or both)?

And the music mixing is a little off. It's very blatant rather then involved in the sound of the film... this sorta sits on the film...like something a fan edit would have.

And I wouldn't expect state of the art visuals.

I would imagine since this isn't a major release they probably took the most cost effective route in putting this together.

It's not perfect. I didn't really expect them to do something outstanding with this new cut since they probably didn't have enormous budget, but it's a nice clip otherwise. Besides, S:TM is so ingrained in public consciousness as a classic that, with Donner footage or without it, this one is not to achieve that kind of status. But I applaud them for doing as much as they did and look forward to seeing it in full.

BTW do I have to buy the whole 13/14 disc set to have this one? Because I'm sort of confused...

Karol

ooo deeeam! :-p

I'm actually anxious to see this... well... I dunno if it would mean much to me... I've never seen the original lol...so I gues Ishould see that first.

actually this would be the original, and the Lester version the modified version.

• 2 weeks later...