Great news, great man, great hat.

It is very difficult seeing him seem so weak. I hope he is here to see the film too.

This was also my first experience of his metal career. Wonderful! :lol:

I feel sad seeing Mr lee so frail :(

I hope he can see the final film in its finished form.

Also seeing how the other two hobbit films went song-wise, if i were jackson i would make Lee sing the last film's song, as a kind of homage to him.

And Shore write the melody...

If TABA ends with a song the way ROTK did (using the melody of a major theme from the score), I wonder what theme from TABA could be the basis for this song? The problem is, I can't even think of one new theme that will need to be introduced in TABA - every party of the BO5A already has their own theme, right?

Azog/Bolg/orcs/wargs - check

Goblintown Goblins - check

Eagles - check (Nature's Reclamation)

Dwarves of Erebor / The Company - check (Misty Mountains and/or House of Durin)

Dwarves of the Iron Hills - check (The Dwarf Lords track on AUJ SE OST)

Woodland Realm Elves - check

Men of Lake-town - check

If the White Council joins the fray - check (Lothlorien, Isengard, Rivendell, and Gandalf the Grey themes)

So... yea, I don't think TABA will have many new themes....

Yeah may be right. Possibly some new theme for Laketown under attack by Smaug. Or new action material fore the Battle of Five Armies. With the exception of Dain, all the major characters have been introduced.

It's possible Shore will compose a Gondor Reborn type theme to signify the victory and restoration of Erebor. But all the major character themes are in place.

It's possible Shore will compose a Gondor Reborn type theme to signify the victory and restoration of Erebor. But all the major character themes are in place.

Maybe, but I'd think the House of Durin theme is already appropriate for that (Though I suppose that didn't stop Shore from creating both a Gondor theme and a Minas Tirith theme, etc)

it would be strange if no new themes are in the score really...

Well, I totally agree, but I simply can't think of what themes we will need. I mean, we knew before we even saw a trailer for DOS that it would need a theme for Beorn, Mirkwood, Woodland Realm, Lake-town, Bard, Master, etc.

But as Stefan said, all the characters in TABA are already introduced except Dain, and even he already has a theme (on the AUJ SE OST). And all the locations are already introduced too, unless PJ invents something wildly new to happen after the battle.

It is very difficult seeing him seem so weak. I hope he is here to see the film too.

I thought this two or three years ago, when I saw a similar end-of-year-message from Lee - then I was very concerned if he is around long enough to actually participate in the Hobbit. Compared to that video, I can't say he looks weaker in this one - he seems to have stayed more or less in the same shape. So here's hoping he keeps it up for some time to come :)

I think a theme for the White Council as a whole is a good idea, but then it'd be a shame that it wasn't used in AUJ.

Bard's hero theme is certainly going to be Girion's theme, so that's already out there

I think there already is a kind of a lust/greed theme in DOS, stand by to the Themes thread :)

I am pretty certain Dain will get the theme from AUJ, otherwise why would Shore have quoted it when Balin mentions the Iron Hills in Bag End?

And I agree, I think there will be some kind of "There and Back Again" theme for the journey's end.... probably be one that could be used in a song (if Shore is interested in working on the song)

And I agree, I think there will be some kind of "There and Back Again" theme for the journey's end.... probably be one that could be used in a song (if Shore is interested in working on the song)

If PJ wants Shore to work on the song you mean!

I am pretty certain Dain will get the theme from AUJ, otherwise why would Shore have quoted it when Balin mentions the Iron Hills in Bag End?

Oh, I'm sure he'll use it for the Dwarves' armies as a whole, but depending on how developed Dain's character is, I believe Shore might give him a theme of his own.

Judging from DoS, I don't think there'll be much room for character development for Dain.

Yeah! And if it means more Shore scores, more PJ rants, and more complaints about how there's too many Tolkien threads clogging up the forum, who are we to complain?

Oh, I'm sure he'll use it for the Dwarves' armies as a whole, but depending on how developed Dain's character is, I believe Shore might give him a theme of his own.

Well, that's certainly a possibility. Of course, there's also the theory that the main theme of The Dwarf Lords IS Dain's theme - with the bit that appears at 1:35 being the theme for the Dwarves of the Iron Hills as a whole (since that's the bit that was quoted in An Unexpected Party)

Is it based on all 3 movies, or just the first half (ie the original Film 1)? Nothing was shown that wasn't in AUJ except one shot of Legolas and Tauriel during the forest river chase

When is it being released?

If its being released after TABA, then it most likely will have TABA stuff, they just showed what they had so far.

No Shore (unreleased) music for the moment...

It was a trailer, the LEGO LOTR trailer had the same kind of score, but the Game used mostly Shore.

Did the same poster really get posted three times by three different people in the same thread? How is that possible?

Do you people not click on the orange "bring me to the first unread post" icon, and instead just click on the most recent page, ignoring what may have been posted since your last visit on prior pages, or something?

Did the same poster really get posted three times by three different people in the same thread? How is that possible?

Because the thread is 300 pages and not everyone scrutinizes every detail?

The total pages is completely irrelevant. The orange icon beings you to the first new post since you last checked it...