Even though Tauriel might be the token female character in DoS I am waiting with interest what will her role be in the end. Will she simply work as a foil to Legolas and Thranduil or a romantic interest or an independent female lead or all three? I hope the writers have tried to make her a bit more three dimensional and interesting than just a female counterpart for Legolas.

Well yes I think that 3D aspect is well in hand. And in HFR no less. She will look sharp at least.

I hope her movements wont be too distracting.

Oh we will see her delicate alabaster skin, her auburn hair, her tender lips and gleaming enchanting eyes that are like limpid pools in HFR sharpness that will leave us breathless and oh boy will distract us for sure!

Oh no I have unleashed the Beast of Innuendo in this thread! Please let's rein it in before this gets any worse!

So how has the weather been in your countries lately? And how about that AUJ EE. Will you be buying it on DVD or Blu-Ray?

DVD.

Yeah same for me, mainly due the fact that I would have to upgrade the hardware before I could get the Blu-rays, which is a bit too much for me to spend at this juncture. I am really looking forward to the 9 hours of extras! Let's hope the documentaries are as good as they were on the LotR EEs.

Oh no I have unleashed the Beast of Innuendo in this thread! Please let's rein it in before this gets any worse!

So how has the weather been in your countries lately? And how about that AUJ EE. Will you be buying it on DVD or Blu-Ray?

No, tell us about the Balrog and his whip of many tongues!

And the real reason who Frodo is Sam's Master!

To be fair, there hasn't been a fart joke in The Hobbit films to date. FOTR holds that dubious honour...

Wrong. A troll farts on Bilbo.

So is there going to be a music documentary on the EE? Do we have info on that or have I in my befuddlement missed a complete list of contents of the EE somewhere?

Gratias quam maximas tibi ago Nuntius BB. Amicus certus in re incerta cernitur!

Let's hope that the music doc will be a long one. I think they went for a 20 minute one on RotK EE. I would love to hear e.g. Shore and Adams discuss this music in more depth than what they usually allow on the PR type documentaries where it is always surface info so as not to confuse the people with boring behind-the-scenes stuff like music.

Hey! Did you just insult my mother?!

Well actually I was just saying "Thank you very much Messenger BB. A friend in need is a friend indeed." Go ahead be offended!

Let's hope that the music doc will be a long one. I think they went for a 20 minute one on RotK EE. I would love to hear e.g. Shore and Adams discuss this music in more depth than what they usually allow on the PR type documentaries where it is always surface info so as not to confuse the people with boring behind-the-scenes stuff like music.

What on Earth could Shore possibly talk about? Bilbo's theme wasn't used in the film. Same for Radagast' music. The Company's theme wasn't composed by him. The rest of the music heard in the film was mostly rehashed material from LOTR. He could talk about Thorin's theme, Erebor's theme, Azog/the Necromancer's theme and that's about it.

Sadly you have a point there BB.

Hey! Did you just insult my mother?!

Well actually I was just saying "Thank you very much Messenger BB. A friend in need is a friend indeed." Go ahead be offended!

You can count on me!

What on Earth could Shore possibly talk about? Bilbo's theme wasn't used in the film. Same for Radagast' music. The Company's theme wasn't composed by him. The rest of the music heard in the film was mostly rehashed material from LOTR. He could talk about Thorin's theme, Erebor's theme, Azog/the Necromancer's theme and that's about it.

Sadly you have a point there BB.

Well, I did forget to mention that Shore could also talk about Gandalf's theme and the Goblins' music, though. Still, that's not much.

Its a special documentary about Plan 9 and Neil Finn

NNNOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooo!

Well Doug did suggest there was Shore stuff in there.

I am sure the title of the documentary is meant to be poetic rather than literal.

To be fair, there hasn't been a fart joke in The Hobbit films to date. FOTR holds that dubious honour...

Wrong. A troll farts on Bilbo.

Huh, no. The Troll just scratches his butt. There's no fart involved.

For the love of God, you selective-memory LOTR lovers!

Gimli farts soundly and watery in ROTK EE, Beer contest scene in Meduseld. at 20:10 into the film.

If there's a video, it's not loading on my end (wifi isn't the best in the library I'm working in at the moment), but that picture of Smaug in the article looks pretty bad, just as it did in the trailer.