Sunday Night Football Theme for NBC

mcdaid72000

Do you like the New Theme?  

48 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No

I like the new theme for Sunday Night football. The faster version of the song sounds like the NBC "Mission" Theme. I want to here your thoughts about the theme and have a question. Do you think he will put on a CD anytime soon?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love it. I had it stuck in my head all yesterday! Lol.. As always, it serves its purpose as a very memorable, catchy theme. Also, it's so right for football! Especially the version that King Mark sent me. It's so relentless, and exciting, bombastic and brassy. It suits the genre very well.

Good job, Mr. Williams! ^^

I like it, but I don't think that anyone will argue that it is not Williams' best. But thats okay, because it doesn't have to be.

I like it, but this is really Williams on auto-pilot.  I accidently voted no, when I missed the submit button and pressed no.

If one months work for a couple of minutes is auto-pilot, then John Williams' auto-pilot mode must suck!

No. Anyone could have written this, and I have a problem with that. I'm sure any student composer could have come up with something at least as memorable as this. Joe Bloggs would have probably done it for 5,000 dollars. They paid a fortune to hire Williams because they wanted something better. If I was in charge of music at NBC I think I would be a bit pissed-off at having paid the great John Williams to write a theme and then be presented with this. It really isn't very good.

No. Anyone could have written this, and I have a problem with that. I'm sure any student composer could have come up with something at least as memorable as this. Joe Bloggs would have probably done it for 5,000 dollars. They paid a fortune to hire Williams because they wanted something better. If I was in charge of music at NBC I think I would be a bit pissed-off at having paid the great John Williams to write a theme and then be presented with this. It really isn't very good.

Sounds like Williams, right?

I thought there was a consesus here that there is not a sole being in this world that can emulate that sound.

:sigh:

So now we have a bunch of Williams pretenders?

Who said that? I just said a lot of people do bad imitations of Williams.

Nope sorry, that is not what i have been teached here.

??

Still 34 vs 7. If people think its crappy, they would have voted yes or voted at all...

So... more people like it than don't. What's your point? :sigh:

So now we have a bunch of Williams pretenders?

Who said that? I just said a lot of people do bad imitations of Williams.

Bad imitations dont sound like Williams and are not treated like Williams look alike (here).

Nope sorry, that is not what i have been teached here.

??

Come on, We are the 'Giacchino sucks' forums because he was called the Next Williams, we have been lectured about that and many times, to the right and true point that JW is unique and there will never one like him.

Still 34 vs 7. If people think its crappy, they would have voted yes or voted at all...

So... more people like it than don't. What's your point? :sigh:

It mustnt be THAT crap.

theme is not good but orchestration is good...

The theme is the most important part for the NBC Sunday Night Football.. if it not good they probably reject it.

You know the IMDB is never to be trusted.

'Tis true.

Yeah I agree...still they do have some correct informations as well as false informations . How bad is IMDB compared to other sites?

It mustnt be THAT crap.

I trust my own opinoins over majority votes - I mean, Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith is in the IMDb top 250. 'nuff said. ;)

For one, I think many of us would like to believe that we haven't quite reached IMDB's standards yet. 8O