Best wishes for 2007 !

Olivier

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

May 2007 be a better year for film music than 2006.

I agree with you especially John Williams to get his act together and score some films in 2007 besides Indy 4.

May the JW be with us.

I think the man is as good as retired, save for special favors for Spielberg or Lucas.

If you look at your tape of the Oscars of 2006 and freeze frame JW's face seconds after Brokeback Mountain won,you can actually pinpoint the exact moment where he thinks "I'm not scoring anything ever again for these losers".

K.M.

If you look at your   tape of the Oscars of 2006 and freeze frame JW's face  seconds after Brokeback Mountain won,you can actually pinpoint the exact moment where he thinks "I'm not scoring anything ever again for these losers".

K.M.

Has anybody got a knife?

Or some booze?

If you look at your   tape of the Oscars of 2006 and freeze frame JW's face  seconds after Brokeback Mountain won,you can actually pinpoint the exact moment where he thinks "I'm not scoring anything ever again for these losers".

K.M.

;)ROTFLMAOROTFLMAO;)

I think the man is as good as retired, save for special favors for Spielberg or Lucas.

Yeah, including 2006:

Star Wars Episode III -- George Lucas

War of the Worlds -- Steven Spielberg

Memoirs of a Geisha -- Steven Spielberg

Munich -- Steven Spielberg

And as of 2007, it'll be special favors for just Spielberg, since Star Wars is (apparently) finished.

LOL LOL LOL

Happy New Year!!!

I'm sorry that is a idiotic statement.

Williams has NEVER scored a film just because Spielberg was a producer.

As usual, once again, you missed the point. I never said that, did I???

I was just trying to point out that 2006 was a case in point -- all the movies JW scored that year had either George Lucas or Steven Spielberg involved in it.

Yeah, including 2006:

Star Wars Episode III -- George Lucas

War of the Worlds -- Steven Spielberg

Memoirs of a Geisha -- Steven Spielberg

Munich -- Steven Spielberg

And as of 2007, it'll be special favors for just Spielberg, since Star Wars is (apparently) finished.

LOL LOL LOL

Laugh all you like, but look at this:

Munich - Spielberg

Memoirs of a Geisha - was going to be Spielberg

War of the Worlds - Spielberg

Revenge of the Sith - Lucas

The Terminal - Spielberg

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban - continuing the series

Catch Me If You Can - Spielberg

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets - Columbus

Minority Report - Spielberg

Attack of the Clones - Lucas

A.I. - Spielberg

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone - Columbus

All those are from previous director colaborations, apart from POA, which is continuing the series, and MoaG, which Williams joined at the time Spielberg was set to direct (or so I've heard).

I'm sorry it's Tournament of Roses Parade...but I always called it the Rose Bowl parade for some reason

Most everyone calls it the Rose Bowl parade.

Hey Mark sending you a PM here shortly.

This year we lost Akira Ifukube, Malcolm Arnold, Shirley Walker - and for me the saddest of all, Basil Poledouris.

I hope 2007 will be a better film music-year in that department as well.

'06 had its ups and downs but it was a good year over-all. 'Course, I hope that 2007 will be a better year.

Since everyone else is bitching about what scores Williams' does for which directors, everyone else should be making New Year Resolutions for 2007. Last year I vowed never again to post on these boards but such was the overwhelming response via email and letters to my Universal Studios office that I had to rethink my decision again. Thank God I chose to stay. I've never had a more productive year. Between bitching and whining and temper tantrums and a weeks banning, all in all I'd say 2006 was pretty good for the Hitchster.

Now for 2007 New Years Resolutions.

1. Be good to everybody especially Vosk. :thumbup:

2. Be good to everybody else especially Vosk :)

3. More gratuitous sex and violence in my movies especially the Spongebob Squarepants sequel.

4. Prevent Michael Bay from ruining THE BIRDS remake.

5. Prevent Hans Zimmer or any other Media Ventures goon from scoring it.

6. More nighttime sex with Alma.

7. More daytime sex with _________. (Names to be announced at a later stage)

8. Try and get that Borat guy into more leading male roles preferably in Kasikstani movies.

9. Try and participate more in the General Discussion area and less in the "Quotes from Star Trek" thread.

10. THINK THIN.

Well, I'm sorry some guys had a bad year last year. I would have said the same thing about '04 and, to a lesser extent, '05, but this past year was quite good personally. So chin up, people! :thumbup:

2006 was a shit year for me for the most part, and a rubbish year in film music.

The climax was the International film music Conference in Ubeda, Spain.

Good weather, great scenery, hundreds of soundtrack fans and Poledouris.

The rest was just meh...

It has been like that for years now.

LOL That's also true.

2006 overally wasn't too bad for me, I probably had better years (although the World Cup victory was the strongest emotion I have ever experienced), but certainly got worst years (like 1995 and 1998, for example).

Happy 2007 to everyone! :thumbup:

(although the World Cup victory was the strongest emotion I have ever experienced)

Really? Thats kind of sad, actually.

It may be sad, but I know what it's like. Winning game 5 of the 2004 NLCS was a fantastic experience (even though we went on to lose 6 and 7). Game 5 of the 2005 NLDS was also nice, but it's hard to feel anything after watching an 18-inning baseball game.

I know these seem like nothing compared to a World Cup, but you've got to consider that I've been an Astros fan all my life. Anything that's not another disappointment is a HUGE victory for me.

Anyway, baseball rant over. Cheers to all. May your 2007 be prosperous. More importantly, though, may JW's 2007 be prosperous. beerchug

Really? Thats kind of sad, actually

I agree.

While I'm happy for my favorite sports teams (Pro, College and Country) when they do well, the joy ends after 4 mins and I go back to my normal routine. It's just a game.

Nothing beats the joy of getting married and having kids. I can't even begin to explain the joy and emotions I felt when my two kids were born.

(although the World Cup victory was the strongest emotion I have ever experienced)

Really? Thats kind of sad, actually.

That was actually better than the death of my sister and a friend.