Ricard when will you let us know the source of

JoeinAR

the Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets? music that you posted last week.

I check the front page often and haven't seen anything yet.

And just to let you know I have the front page bookmarked rather than the MB page, and always have to go there to get here. So I can't help but read it.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Marian, I'd just found the thread as you were posting your reply.

As much as I'd like the music to be real CoS cues, skeptic that I am, I can't help but think Ricard is yanking our collective chain. My sincerest apologies, however, if these are indeed real, Ricard.

As I said in the other thread, I will reveal the source this week.

Ricard - Mystery Man ROTFLMAO

It's wednesday now, perfect middel day of the week, so you can give your sources now. Or post a third clip maybe?

at least give a hint, PLEASE?

Meybe this Richard Strauss every one is talking about did some ghost writing on the side.... I mean if it really sounds like him

As I posted in the other thread, the last part of the first clip is definitely from the violin concerto, and the middle part very likely from the quidditch match, so, no new stuff.

Well, the reason I thought it was a few pieces edited together is because of all the huge reverb on it. It sounds like someone is trying to hide the edits.

OK, the time has come:

Clip #1: Excerpt from the 3rd movement of Williams' Violin Concerto + Excerpt from 'Mr. Longbottom Flies' (HP/Sorcerer's Stone) + Excerpt from the 3rd movement of Williams' Violin Concerto + "Explosion" note from Jaws' 'Hand to Hand Combat' (McNeely rerecording)

Clip #2: Excerpt from track 7 of Joel McNeely's "Gold Diggers" (1995)

Both tracks conveniently edited and equalized by Ricard L. Befan. A reverb effect was added in order to create the feeling that the music was captured by a hidden portable recorder.

Congratulations to ChrisAfonso, Maurizio, Indysolo, Stefancos and scissorhands, who guessed and/or assumed what was going on.

And now to the reactions. I was particularly delighted with the following comments.. :|

"Whoa now that sounds pretty new" (Justin)

"Hmm....it sounds quite like Williams, I've never heard it before, and the reverb and sound quality sounds like an "inofficial" recording." (Marian)

"I don't know what it is. I don't think it's composed by Williams." (scissorhands)

"I liked it, whatever it was. Ricard, do you know, or are you playing mind games with us :? Ray Barnsbury-who must know! :cry2:" (Ray Barnsbury)

"It's Ross doing a Williams on Williams." (Hlao-roo)

"Holy S...!!!!!!" (ocelot)

"Hmm, this sounds cool, I hope it's the score." (Morn)

"Wow....I like it! It sounds very Richard Strauss-ian for the first half." (Beowulf)

"Yes, like Face of Voldemort. I've been hoping we'd get to hear more of this sort." :) (Marian)

"Interesting soundclip. Does it remind anyone elso of Temple of Doom at the beginning. Also Superman. Obviously some dark magic is happening here. Whether Williams, or Ross, I like it. In the immortal words of Oliver: Please sir, I want some more" (JoeinAr)

"Sounds like the accoustics of Abbey Rd alright? Do you have an insider Ricard?" (mahler3)

"It is very Richard Strauss, good call!!!!!!!! Love it, whatever it is." (ocelot)

*If* that's really from this score, I *bet* it's from the end of the flying car sequence." (Marian's reaction to the 2nd clip)

"As a William Ross fan, I can confirm that this sounds very similar to Ross' style. Do you have more clips, Richard?" (guest) ... Actually, that was me ;)

"If these snippets are from Williams or Ross doesn't matter. They sound pretty great!" (Maurizio)

And a reply to Morn's question:

does this mean we can start posting our own copyrighted mp3's?

No. This was an exception.

Finally, I apologize if someone didn't find it funny at all. It was a little experiment which, fortunately, didn't cross the limits of this board (as far as I know).

:mrgreen:

Well, the reason I thought it was a few pieces edited together is because of all the huge reverb on it.  It sounds like someone is trying to hide the edits.

Perhaps you thought, but you didn't speak (at least, not enough) :mrgreen:

Both tracks conveniently edited and equalized by Ricard L. Befan. A reverb effect was added in order to create the feeling that the music was captured by a hidden portable recorder.

Incredible effect.

"As a William Ross fan, I can confirm that this sounds very similar to Ross' style. Do you have more clips, Richard?" (guest) ... Actually, that was me :|

:mrgreen:

scissorhands - who has never heard the JW violin concerts before

Ricard! I cannot believe it! :|:) You toying with our emotions like that!

I had that idea first!!! :mrgreen:

Ah, well, a couple of days working on mp3's for nothing. I'll get over it.

It was great, Ricard. More! More!!

-ROSS LOL

:biglaugh:

Kudos to you Ricard! A very well put together little experiment.

BUT...you did get our hopes up for nothing, so now you owe us something as recompense. I'll leave it to you to decide. jump1

didn't cross the limits of this board (as far as I know

Pfff. Wishfull thinking... My site and a lot other Dutch Harry Potter sites... :sigh: :cry: ;)

You little devil... ROTFLMAO

Voor de Nederlandstaligen: Lacht als een boer met kiespijn... :)

Could you post the URLs?

http://www.delekkeketel.nl -> my site

http://www.hpdomein.nl -> they have taken it from us

http://www.hetkrot.nl -> they have taken it from the above one...

Thanks. I see you did credit JWFan.net in your site (although this news was never posted 'officially' on JWFan.net), but I think you should have linked to the original post at the message board, and not upload the file to your server. Probably as a result of this, neither the second site (which also uploaded the file to its server) nor the third one mentioned JWFan.net as the original source.

Ricard - Who has enough with the multiple soundtrack sites that never give any credit to JWFan.net when we break the news first and/or when they take the news directly from this site.

Ricard II - Who might stop linking to those soundtrack sites.

Probably as a result of this, neither the second site (which also uploaded the file to its server) nor the third one mentioned JWFan.net as the original source.

If I post again Potter-Williams news dat I founded here, I will link directly. But, I really don't think that the others site will ever give you credit... They are not very friendly, if you know what I mean. (The third site didn't credit us...)

The reason why I uploaded the file to my server was that I wouldn't cost you any bandwith. (I did thank you two times, you know..)

But I keep everything in mind you said. ;)

Bart, who hopes his English is understandable. :angry:

The reason why I uploaded the file to my server was that I wouldn't cost you any bandwith.

The only problem would be if you linked to the file directly. NO direct link to files, NO files uploaded to another server. YES direct links to the page where the file/report is located.

(I did thank you two times, you know..)

I know :angry: