Which of these trilogies do you want the most on DVD

JoeinAR

Which would you rather have 1st on DVD  

36 members have voted

1. 1.

• Star Wars Trilogy
    • Indiana Jones Trilogy

This seems to be a difficult question to answer, both are so beloved.

So pick if you dare. I didn't put a "I can't choose" option for those lily livered sniveling, wretches who so sheepishly can't decide. LOL

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You both are weak spineless jellyfish. You both disgust me.

Marian I am going to beat you with a stickstick.gif

DarthMatt since your new and I don't know you, but since you started so badly I guess I will just shoot you and get it over with.9mm.gif

actually I want the Indiana Jones DVD set first and more.

After TPM and AOTC, I am kind of burnt out on Star Wars, so letting some time pass, will help me recapture my appreciation for the original trilogy, plus I can expect the Indiana Jones trilogy without any of George Lucas' dirty touches.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe I heard not too far back that Spielberg was considering giving Raiders the special edition treatment that he gave to E.T. So wouldn't that give George Lucas the opportunity to ruin yet another trilogy with "enhanced digital effects" and "new sequences" with "never-before-seen footage"?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe I heard not too far back that Spielberg was considering giving Raiders the special edition treatment that he gave to E.T.  So wouldn't that give George Lucas the opportunity to ruin yet another trilogy with "enhanced digital effects" and "new sequences" with "never-before-seen footage"?

As you say, Spielberg idea. BUt if it ends up`wrong, LUcas Will get the bashing. I could bet on that.

I'm starvong for the Superb special editions of Star wars. If indy is 'enhaced' (for me ROTFLMAO ) it will be welcomed.

For those who couldn't decide: Come on people are you saying that if Lucas emailed you and asked you which should he release on DVD. You would say I can't descide and get neither one?

Ok so this probably wouldn't happen but if it did... :baaa:

Justin -Who would have to say the Indy Trilogy.

I only wantthe original versions of the "Star Wars" trilogy. I can't watch the changes made to them, especially "The Empire Strikes Back." But I guess if that's all that's offered, I'd probably sell out and buy it.

I would like to have the Indy series on DVD soon, but I'm not pacing the room waiting for it.

Jeff -- who is hoping for an isolated score on the "Star Wars" DVDs

I definitely want the original Star Wars trilogy on DVD first and that's the one I voted for. And never mind the fact I still don't have a DVD player yet - I'm working on it and should have one before the year's out which is pretty good going since I have almost zero income LOL . I haven't seen the Indiana Jones movies in ages, and have been hanging out to see them again, this time on DVD. But after so long I don't mind waiting another year or so. I already own too many copies of the Star Wars trilogy on VHS so it's not like I'm dying to see them again as such, but it would be nice to have them in a digital quality format and in widescreen too of course! I reckon after being made to wait for as long as we have, these babies should have so many extra features it's not funny. And the least they could do is include a copy of both the original release and 1997 Special Edition versions in the one DVD. And / or maybe an option of whether to include the added special edition scenes... How cool would it be to add the ones you like and not the other nasty ones? Goodbye Greedo and his pea-shooter!

CYPHER

You've left out the Back to the Future Trilogy.

But yes, I do realize it's coming out on DVD in December, so it's all good.

It's already out in Europe, happen to see the box set just an hour ago.

Stefancos- who already owns very illigal DVD's of both the SW and Indy trilogy. :biglaugh:

I still don't have a DVD player yet - I'm working on it and should have one before the year's out which is pretty good going since I have almost zero income

You have a PC, PC DVD players are cheaper :angry:

SW DVD Trilogy obviously. Itr makes ZERO sense why the hell it has not been released already. Apparently Lucas just can't cut the fans a break.

I don't see what the problem is?

Has he ever stated why he won't just release them.

Only reason I can see is that he hates SW fans.

Actually, he has stated why he hasn't released them, and you're right. He officially announced that he LOATHES all fans of Star Wars, so there will be no DVD release for the OT. However, the Special Editions will be available on DVD soon, along with around 6 or 7 different versions of the Prequels.

Ray Barnsbury :roll:

So pick if you dare.  I didn't put a "I can't choose" option for those lily livered sniveling, wretches who so sheepishly can't decide. LOL

come on Joe. i'm fine with the absence of the "i can't choose" option, but not even a "jettison" option? i'm disappointed. :biglaugh:

He loathes fans???????? So he wants to bite the hand that feeds him? Did he say this when he was on his period? What? Is he on drugs?

Indy for me

The Indy trilogy. No doubt about it. I've seen the Star Wars movie on the big screen with great picture quality and in DTS sound. Can't say the same for the Indy trilogy.

Plus, I've seen so much behind the scenes footage and making of specials on Star Wars but damn near nothing on Indy, other than that very special episode of Entertainment Tonight.

<sigh>

WHEN, DAMMIT?! WHEN?!?

It's out in the Netherlands now, I saw them advertising.

In the ad something is said about the soundtrack. Do you know if it is a seperate recording?

A couple of things:

1. I don't know exactly how true and authentic this is, but I heard/always had the impression (presumably soundly informed) that Lucas did not want to release the original Star Wars trilogy on DVD until he had finished making the prequels. This was because he considered the transfer, packaging and composition of the original trilogy DVDs to be so important that they required all of his attention. This way, when he finishes making the prequels, we can expect the original trilogy on DVD, and we can feasibly expect more special features than meets the eye!!! There is also the possibility that old Darth Georgie may use this extra time on his hands to tinker with the originals again - obviously highly questionable behaviour.

2. As for your suggestion Morn, about PC DVD players - truth is I've already got one but i) my brother stuffed it up so the DVD drive no longer plays DVD and ii) I want a player to use with my TV, which has a bigger screen and much better sound. :)

3. Yeah, I can't believe the Back To The Future trilogy has been released in Australia on DVD before America! Score 1 for Region 4 LOL . What's more outrageous though is the fact that Minority Report hasn't been released in some parts of Europe yet e.g. Espana!!! A serious offence if ever there was one!

CYPHER

I can't believe the Back To The Future trilogy has been released in Australia on DVD before America! Score 1 for Region 4  LOL

Yes, but the R1 disc will have more supplements. :)

Neil

No, I didn't. I like BTTF but in terms of overall quality, it is a distant 3rd to the original Star Wars trilogy, and the Indiana Jones trilogy.

And Neil, I was referring to the raped and basterdized versions of the original Star Wars trilogy, because Lucas is such a prick that we will likely never see the originals in all their "original" glory.

I can't believe the Back To The Future trilogy has been released in Australia on DVD before America! Score 1 for Region 4  LOL

Yes, but the R1 disc will have more supplements. :P

Neil

Very true. I'm afraid you Aussies are getting a considerably inferior product. ;)

I was referring to the raped and basterdized versions of the original Star Wars trilogy, because Lucas is such a prick that we will likely never see the originals in all their "original" glory.

Well in that case, my vote must go to The Indiana Jones Trilogy, assuming of course they are not "enhanced" in a way similar to Star Wars and E.T..

Neil - who just voted

Oh man.......I REALLY hope they leave Indy alone...but......<sigh> I'm sure they won't.....

Unless, if ANYTHING, it's an added scene...but even then, the movies are so perfectly edited, never boring. To me, anyhow.

Oh man.......I REALLY hope they leave Indy alone...but......<sigh> I'm sure they won't.....

Unless, if ANYTHING, it's an added scene...but even then, the movies are so perfectly edited, never boring. To me, anyhow.

Nooooo!!!!!!! No additional footage is necessary. These films, at least the first one, are as close to being perfect as possible. No changes are needed.

Neil

I expect DIGITAL adjustments to Indy's reactions.

Suddenly you'll notice Ford has a WIDER smile than humanly possible.

You'll see a glimmer from his teeth on that smile that would never happen in real life.

You'll see a glint in his eye that will make you question if he Indy is human anymore. :biglaugh:

Luke, you should take a diving trip at the Azores, with a big bloody beef roast tied to your leg.

They have some really large hungry great whites this time of year. :baaa:;)

Luke, you should take a diving trip at the Azores, with a big bloody  beef roast tied to your leg.  

They have some really large hungry great whites this time of year. :baaa:  ;)

Beautiful beatiful islands. I highly recomend a visit.

Luke the wink tells you I was joking too. I knew you were joking thats why I replied with a joke.

It's out in the Netherlands now, I saw them advertising.

In the ad something is said about the soundtrack. Do you know if it is a seperate recording?

I own the Region 2 set of the BTTF trilogy so I can confirm that there is in fact NO seperate recording of Alan Silvestri's masterfull score (basterds!).

Maybe they said the soundtrack was remastered or something, 'cause it sounds great.

BTW, the only additions the R1 version will have are feauture length commentaries for all 3 movies by Robert Zemeckis, Bob Gale and Michael J. Fox and the R1 DVD's will include some TV Spots.

The Oversea versions on the other hand have DTS sound and Story-board to screen comparison which the R1 does not have.

Why on earth they did this is beyond me.

Oskar - Back to the Future Buff (or should that be Biff LOL )

p.s my vote goes for the Star Wars Trilogy

Strangely enough, I want the Indy trilogy on DVD more than Star Wars. Perhaps it is because I am not watching the Original Trilogy of Star Wars at all until after Episode III comes out. But I am really dying for Indy on DVD.