2 Disc Superman (Rhino)

Goldsmithfan

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably because it was so popular?

It wasn't a limited edition, so wouldn't good sales make it more readily available? If it was selling so well, why would they discontinue it?

For anyone who hasn't bought it yet, Amazon UK has this album for a bargain price. But act quickly, if it has been discontinued it probably won't be around there for long.

Probably because it was so popular?

It wasn't a limited edition, so wouldn't good sales make it more readily available? If it was selling so well, why would they discontinue it?

Like I said it was just a guess. It seems you deliberately missed that part of my post.

Actually it could have been limited in the number of first pressings, like 10,000 or 20,000 units. Or sales could have declined after awhile and they didn't bother to press anymore.

I've heard that the expanded Jaws and CE3K didn't sell very well but I still see copies available in stores.

I've heard that the expanded Jaws and CE3K didn't sell very well but I still see copies available in stores.

If it didn't sell very well, wouldn't it be logical that copies are still around?

- Marc, who can't imagine any film score fan not wanting CE3K! :thumbup:

If it didn't sell very well, wouldn't it be logical that copies are still around?

Maybe, I get curious at times because quite a few soundtrack releases disappear off the shelves, to include films made within the past 15 years. And I often wonder if scores are limited to so many pressings or if sales decide how quick they are pulled from circulation.

I have it, but that jewel case with the swinging panel thing is already breaking off. Does anybody know the technical name for this odd jewel case, and where a replacement one could be found?

Of course I had it but borrowed it to my(now ex-)friend , never got it back.

This is why I never let anyone borrow my CD's (even though no one I know does because they don't like film scores). If someone did want to borrow a CD of mine I'd make them a CD-R copy and let them have that instead of the original.

Never let friends borrow books,magazines,games software or c.d.'s if it's precious to you.In my experience you'll never see them again

Never let friends borrow books,magazines,games software or c.d.'s if it's precious to you.In my experience you'll never see them again

Indeed.

My brother David hated letting me borrow a CD or two that he had but I did give his CD's back to him when requested because I don't keep other people's things with out returning them. I hate that as much as the next guy.

Also too never let friends borrow your DVD's, if they do they end up going missing and never returned to you. I let my (now ex-)friend borrow a new movie I had just barely gotten one time a while back, didn't have a chance to really watch it. He wanted to borrow it and watch it and I kept asking for it back and he said tha the lent it to his brother with OUT asking me first if he could lend it to him.... I was like WTF!? Needless to say I never got the movie back and I was pretty pissed off.

Like with DVD's, next time if someone wants to borrow them even if it's a season of a TV series I'll make copies of that said movie or season of a series and give it to them. The originals never are leaving me.

I sometimes borrow DVD's from my dad but I return them to him once I'm done watching them and same with him he returns mine so that's no biggy there (after all we live in the same apartment lol).

I never lend anything out to anyone. My mom and sister are the only people I will let borrow my DVD's and that's it.

I'll bid 100 billion dollars.............[insert Dr. Evil Emoticon]

I never lend anything out, with the exception of my mom and sister.

Who do you lend those to? :P

I don't lend out CDs, if someone wants to borrow one I just burn them a CD-R. Better for me, because I don't have to worry about the CDs getting damaged, and better for them because they get to keep it for as long as they like. Not that people actually want to listen to my CDs very often.

I worked at Barnes & Noble for a couple years in the music section. Once a month, we would receive a list of CDs & DVDs to be sent back to the distributor. I arranged with the music manager to let me check that list first each month to see if any were film scores I might want to snatch before they disappeared. I actually did buy a few in case they were indeed going out of print. I never once saw a Williams soundtrack on that list.

Jeff

Well, it came out in 2000, right? That was 7 years ago, give or take a month. I imagine they only printed a certain amount, never intending to keep pressing copies infinitely unless it became a strange selling phenomenon, and it just eventually sold out. The original Superman CD is still in production, I believe. I suppose most regular consumers probably don't care all that much, and would rather purchase a cheaper, more to-the-point release, than an expensive 2-disc edition that is filled with cues they don't care about. The score collectors more or less had a great opportunity to snatch this one up.

You never know, in a few years, they might reissue.

Tim

Also too never let friends borrow your DVD's, if they do they end up going missing and never returned to you. I let my (now ex-)friend borrow a new movie I had just barely gotten one time a while back, didn't have a chance to really watch it. He wanted to borrow it and watch it and I kept asking for it back and he said tha the lent it to his brother with OUT asking me first if he could lend it to him.... I was like WTF!? Needless to say I never got the movie back and I was pretty pissed off.

Yeah, I've had a few instances where I've lent a VHS/DVD to somebody and it never came back. Nobody has ever lent my gear to another person though. That is just bizzare. But after this happening to me, I admit I did it myself once through sheer laziness. A work colleague lent me a copy of a dvd (at least it was a copy) of a film I wasn't interested in at all, but took out of politeness because he insisted I'd like it. Never got round to watching it and whenever I kept telling him I'd forgotten to watch it (as I had, because I really wasn't moved to watch it), he said it wasn't a big problem. Eventually I just forgot about it all together and when I left my job it is still here unwatched. I contemplate this on the tree of woe.

Guest macrea

I know someone who has 2 sealed copies of the Rhino release who is willing to sell them for a good price. (One was almost purchased by someone who's posted in this thread.) PM me if interested. These copies DO have the booklet; I heard that there was a run (possibly in Europe) that didn't include it.

Matt

Whenever a friend of mine wants to borrow some treasure from me, I voluntarily offer to buy it again for them and then give it as a gift. The end result is the same (you end up re-buying the item), only it makes you look more classy.

Guys, DeepDiscount.com has this CD for $8.95. You can still find it and rather cheap I might say.

Guys, DeepDiscount.com has this CD for $8.95. You can still find it and rather cheap I might say.

That's a great price....for the single disc release which omitted 2 tracks found on the original album.

Neil

It lists 35 tracks and 2 CDs.