LISTEN to CHAMBER OF SECRETS!!!!!!!!!

Bart

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Already 30 minutes listened. The music is not exactly the same, it has the same base, but it is much scarier and more adventurous! I can't wait to hear the Quidditch Match.

Bart, what is your source for this link? Did come from an official source at AOL? I don't mean to sound harsh, but things like this have happened before and they most often end up being less than legitimate. It happened most recently with AOTC and even Ricard's fake CoS clips here on the board. Without an official source for the link, it's best not assumed to be the real thing. I hope you can understand my skepticism, as it's not directed at you personally. It's great music, though, so I thank you for the link regardless of the music's origins. The more I listen, the more I hope it is legit.

It is legit. My source is, ofcourse, The Leaky Cauldron .

It is ment to make promotion voor the ost...

I can't get it! is there any other way to get it! arrrrgghhh! I want to listen to it so bad! how can I!!? It doesn't work for me, it downloads but I can't play. help me!

Disappointing? Didn't you say the 2nd track kicked ass??  :?

Yes, the second track did. But the track after 46 minutes didn't...

Hmm, and after 55 minutes I'm pretty sure you can here the fight with the basilisk. Great music!

Minute 41: excellent!!!

I like this score. It's better than the first one.

scissorhands - who THINKS he is guessing what tracks are composed by Williams and which ones by Ross

who is sure Ross conducted them

I've just finished listening to it.

The last track was Harry's Wondrous World, but a bit different.

This score is more cheerful than the first one. And the new theme is superb.

Better than the first HP.

I'll buy it as well.

It was actually a pleasant suprise for me when I discovered the link thismorrow.

Yesterday I was searching for the date when you could listen to the first soundtrack on TLC, but I couldn't find it... And today!!!!!!!!!! Wéééé! ;)

Bart, who is making mp3's.... :P

Crap. The computer I'm using right now does not have an audio card and I can't listen to it! ;)

Anyway, how many of you guys plan to make a CD-R this? Apart from Morn, I mean. Just curious.

-ROSS, who will have to wait until the end of november to get the freaking soundtrack!

Now that all skepticism has been wiped away after listening in full, I must say this is a fantastic score! ;)

I don't even care who composed what. It's right up there with Williams' best. Can't wait to here it in CD quality sound!

Hmmmm... Disapponting... I hear a long version of "The Flying Keys" after 46 minutes.  :P

Perhaps that's exactly what WRoss did, taking cues from the previous score and adapting them to fit scenes in this film. Would at least make it easier to tell what is by Williams and what by WRoss. ;)

Marian - who will not listen to the samples, and keep the CD unplayed until he has seen the movie.

Who's going to wait for the release of this soundtrack instead of clicking that link? Whoever is, I congratulate you on your sheer willpower, because when I heard about this soundtrack coming out in August, I was dying to hear anything of it. When I saw the link, there was nothing in this world that could have stopped me from clicking it.

i can't get my realplayer to work!!!! i have been having trouble with it for the past month or so. every time i wanna listen to something, it says that i'm not connected to the internet or that there are network problems. can anyone help me out?

Ted, who is extremely upset that he can't listen to this. ;)

You have tried uninstalling, getting newest version etc???
i have been doing that for a long time. real.com and whatever realplayer i download think that i don't have an internet connection and therefore its unable to establsih a connection. i never had this problem up until about a few months ago.

whatever realplayer i download think that i don't have an internet connection and therefore its unable to establsih a connection.

Are you behind a firewall?

not that i know of

Oh goodie, goodie goodie. It sounds so AWESOME!!!!! The secon trakc is fantastic. I wish I knew what was composed by Williams and what was composed by Ross. But it's all great nonetheless. Now I'm really really really really pumped to buy the cd.

Tpigeon, the new theme is kinda sweeping, with a big crescendo in the end. Don't know quite how to describe it, it's kinda in the same league as Harry's Woundrous World. It's great, I assure you.

Now I only wish we could have track titles so we could really know what we're listening to (although the music does speak for itself, even more having read the book).

Track titles, anyone?

Suffice to say, the parts that are good are by Ross, and the parts that sound dull and uninspired are by Williams.

Given that Tuck Everlasting is an Oscar-worthy score, and that Williams's last two scores have been among the most disappointing in his entire career....

It's unfortunate that Ross isn't getting co-composer credit...I mean, he did write most of the score.

I'm telling ya, the credit should read:

Music Composed and Conducted by William Ross

Additional Music by John Williams

Williams is not doing the right thing, but I suppose this isn't surprising, coming from someone who won't credit his orchestrators in the album liner notes. Even if they provide only a modicum of insight into the compositional process, their work is still crucial, and I'm glad at least Mr Goldsmith knows that.

I think you people are over reacting. :roll: But it's still great. :)

The first score is definately better. :) This score is missing it's cool orchestration.

And Roo, hehe I suspect Ross would be happy to give Williams the credit, considering how much he sounds like Williams and how he rips him off sometimes, he probably had a great time working with his idol! :)