LISTEN to CHAMBER OF SECRETS!!!!!!!!!

Bart

The books have plenty of messages. The movie not really. I enjoyed the movie and there's nothing wrong with it being a fantasy movie, being a genre I love. I just find it overrated when people see the movie beyond that, that IMHO, there isn't much more.

I don't think so, what I said above is surely in the film.

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think FOTR takes itself way too seriously

But the book/movie is serious. Virtually my only complaints about the movie are that they sometimes do NOT take themselves seriously enough (some stupid Merry/Pippin scenes).

IMHO the movie does have most of the themes from the novel. At least for those who know the novel. I don't know how it presents itself for people who haven't read the book, but then, I don't think it's possible to present that all purely in the movie anyway. (And where does the HP movie have more message, for example?)

And I disagree about "just a fantasy movie". It's less fantasy than HP, for example. Their whole point was to make it as "real" as possible, like the book. Hence, no overdone costumes, light show magic effects etc.

:mrgreen: Henry V (Patrick Doyle)

Everybody cries in the movie. It takes a lot more than to get everybody crying to make the movie dramatic. That's stuff I'm talking about when I said the movie takes itself too seriously.

FOTR has got to be one of the most overrated scores and movies of all time to me, not meaning to say they are bad, just no as great s some think, IMHO.

Everybody cries in the movie. It takes a lot more than to get everybody crying to make the movie dramatic.

Yes, but I think it has a lot more. :mrgreen: In most of the scenes where people cry in the film, I cry myself when I watch it. Breaking of the Fellowship is the ONLY cue I know that had me crying everytime I heard it for days after first seeing the film. I find it hard to see how that can be overrated. :angry:

Everything is a message of some kind, Merkel.

Oh, A.I. just when I had changed my Kennedy signature for the Stefancos one, you come up with this. I'm gonna give Steefy a little bit more of time there, then you'll be the next one.

-ROSS, who's studies focus of the messages and communications so far

Who cannot believe Marian Cries with that cue and not with ET, AI or ther greater Williams Scores.... :?

I didn't say I don't. I haven't seen A.I.. But I did cry at the end of ET, and also JP when we see the lake with the dinos.

Hehe, both probably more due to the score.  :(

Gosh, I saw FotR twice and don't know what so special about the music.All I heard where repetitive chorus pieces that sounded all the same.

K.M.Adding another post to "The Neverending Thread",which I'm sure nobody will re-read .