LISTEN to CHAMBER OF SECRETS!!!!!!!!!

Bart

Thanks to William Ross, we have the best "Williams" release of the year in this Harry Potter score. With the disastrous year Williams is having, it's unlikely that Catch Me If You Can will be anywhere in the proximity of The Chamber of Secrets.

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is with this? Can't people wait for the CD? I HAVE TO LISTEN TO PEOPLE JABBER ON ABOUT HOW WONDERFUL THE THEME IS UNTIL NOVEMBER 12???

Justin -Who will not listen to the CD and is blamming others for it. :)

:)

whatever realplayer i download think that i don't have an internet connection and therefore its unable to establsih a connection.

Are you behind a firewall?

And btw, a firewall will let you connect, it just won't let you buffer or play. :)

I dunno about that, his job was probably more of an arranging job.

And shut up about Williams having a bad year! :) I strongly disagree.

And shut up about Williams having a bad year!  :)  I strongly disagree.

i agree with what you said Morn. Hlao-Roo is definitely overreacting about all of this. he heard good music and immediately said "that can't be Williams." no one knows any of the details yet, so let's just calm down, huh Roo, and stop ripping on Williams right away. after all, it is good music.

Ted, who was able to get a slower version of real player as morn and charliesherry suggested.

well, i am about twenty minutes in to the listening experience.... WOW. i love it! i especially love the short quote of Williams original music for Diagon Alley. that new theme is also indeed terrific. i can't wait to hear what the other fifty minutes hold

Ted, who is listening to Chamber of Secrets now and is REALLY happy. :)

I was worried when I heard it would be co-written with William Ross.

But now, all of my low expectations on the HP2 soundtrack are as good as gone. It really rocks!

This is definitley Williams` best effort in the year 2002 - it surpasses both Attack of The Clones and Minority Report, as well as "HP & The Sorcerer`s Stone".

I heard several new themes, and in fact, it sounds more original the the first one did!AMAZING!

May be Williams is still in his golden age after all.

Anyhow, I do not care. I still think Williams is the same, great composer as he was 25 years ago.

Oh goodie, goodie goodie. It sounds so AWESOME!!!!! The secon trakc is fantastic. I wish I knew what was composed by Williams and what was composed by Ross. But it's all great nonetheless. Now I'm really really really really pumped to buy the cd.

I am sure it was composed by Williams - sounds like it, and besides Williams was brought on to do new themes, William Ross to expand on the old.

I was worried when I heard it would be co-written with William Ross. .

I wasn't.

This is definitley Williams` best effort in the year 2002 - it surpasses both Attack of The Clones and Minority Report, as well as "HP & The Sorcerer`s Stone"..

Agreed.

yes, i was under the impression that he was composing all the new thematic material as well as some part of the actual score on top of that, amounting to forty minutes of music.

Ted

*is crying*

this is like something from a dream, it's so beautiful...may I sit here until November 11? I may just do that...

i agree, and with you, Ricard. this is brilliant!

Ted

ok here's what I think it'll go like. only the first few like:

1) Prologue

2) Harry's theme (something like that)

3) Building Hogwarts

4) Dobby & The weasley burrow

5) Flight to Hogwarts

more later peeps. mind you, they're only guesses!

Well I think we talked about this in a AOTC thread, but I must keep myself a CoS Virgin!!

I can wait to buy the CD.

~Lord Gibson, CoS Virgin, (AOTC virgin no longer :) )

What is with this? Can't people wait for the CD? I HAVE TO LISTEN TO PEOPLE JABBER ON ABOUT HOW WONDERFUL THE THEME IS UNTIL NOVEMBER 12???

I"m with you.

Justin -Who will not listen to the CD and is blamming others for it. :)  

I'm not with you.

~Lord Gibson, still a CoS virgin.

What a wonderful surprise this is!! :) beerchug

Does anyone have a list of the track titles?

I can't wait to buy the CD next month.

It does sound like Williams indeed,and even the recuring themes sometimes sound better than on the first score(especially Harry's theme).

That said,I like the music,but some parts that recur EXACTLY do sound like cut and paste,especially in the firct cues.

K.M.Impressed despite expacting the worst.

K.K.M.Who isn't sure who composed what exactly,that's my only problem with the score.

how do i save this? onto my computer.......so i can listen off line.

thats just what I want to know...

You can't save Realudio,botu can copy it on a recording devise if you have an Audio out....

K.M.Dusting off his MD recorder.

That theme we hear 38-42 min minutes in the c.d is amazing.

K.M.Up to that point right now.some of he middle parts dragged ...but overall this is beter than The Sorcerer's stone.

Hmm ,that second to last track,is a replica of Leaving Hogwarts,but a lot more majectic. :).But the last track was an almost exact replica of Harry's Wodrous World.

K.M.Who heard parts that might have been lifted from unreleased music of the first score.

the last track was an almost exact replica of Harry's Wodrous World.

That's because it was "Harry's Wondrous World", only with the concert arrangements ending.

Neil - who is pretty sure this theme will be the "End Title" again

I do miss Hedwig's theme though,which is barely heard.

K.M.Pretty sure 99% Williams composed that instant classic new theme heard in track 2 and secveral other places..Only he could pull off something like that.

the last track was an almost exact replica of Harry's Wodrous World.

That's because it was "Harry's Wondrous World"' date=' only with the concert arrangements ending.[/quote']

That's what i meant,apart that it sounds like the same recording.

And shut up about Williams having a bad year!  :)  I strongly disagree.

Morn,when Williams hits it right on,there seems to be no disagrements,and the reaction to this score is almost unanimous in a positive way,unlike AOTC and MR.

K.M.Who is hearing a lot of Willliams themes re-arranged from the Sorcerer's Stone upon second listen.

K.K.M.Who doesn't thing that Ross actually"composed" much of this.

how do i save this? onto my computer.......so i can listen off line.

thats just what I want to know...

You can't save Realudio,botu can copy it on a recording devise if you have an Audio out....

K.M.Dusting off his MD recorder.

You can record anything that plays on your computer using the appropiate software. I recorded the webcast in a .wav file with 'Creative Recorder', then splitted it into 20 tracks and burned it onto a CD-R.

It'll be online for awhile...HP1 was online months and months after the film was actually released.

Actually, I take back what I said about the composer credit previously. Admittedly, it should be like this:

Music Composed and Conducted by William Ross*

*Supplemented by some crap by John Williams

- Alan, too lazy to sign in

I disagree ..partially.Ross might have composed certain cues' date='but surely Williams gave him detailed instructions on what he wanted his cues to sound.Like I,ve said,lots of Williams music from Sorcere's Stone is on there,even if altered by Ross.And there no way in hell someome else than Williams came up with the music on track2.

K.M.

- Alan, too lazy to sign in[/quote']

I disagree ..partially.Ross might have composed certain cues' date='but surely Williams gave him detailed instructions on what he wanted his cues to sound.Like I,ve said,lots of Williams music from Sorcere's Stone is on there,even if altered by Ross.And there no way in hell someome else than Williams came up with the music on track2.

K.M.

- Alan, too lazy to sign in[/quote']

If the Globe hadn't reported otherwise, I wouldn't've been surprised that Ross had written it. He's certainly melodically capable himself.

Not that the theme is really "classic."

Alan, what the hell are you talking about? This is composed by John Williams. Ross is just the arranger and adding some supplamental material here and there. There would be none of this without John's themes in the first place and the stuff you hear that is like the original film is the stuff Ross is doing. He's taking stuff of Williams and fitting it into the film. There are NO new themes by Ross. He isn't composing ANY new material. Just arranging Williams's work!! Enough already!

This isn't true at all. Williams wrote forty minutes of music. Let's see...how long is the film? Remember that HP1 was pretty densely spotted. If you're telling me that the rest of the -- what -- 60 to 70 min. of score is simply "arrangements" of HP1 material, the score is pretty darn weak, indeed. Then it's absolutely redundant.

About recurring themes from the 1st movie, I can clearly hear hedwig's theme, harry's theme, harry's wondrous world, diagon alley (the version that never showed up in the movie), hogwart's theme, the sorceror's stone theme (I don't knwo what is this doing in here, unless it refers to Voldemort).

I didn't hear any statement of Voldemort's theme :cry:

BTW, I'm pretty sure track 3 is also a concert suite.

I was reported before there was a new theme for the bad guys and I suspect this is it. Anyone agree?

.  There would be none of this without John's themes in the first place and the stuff you hear that is like the original film is the stuff Ross is doing.  He's taking stuff of Williams and fitting it into the film.  There are NO new themes by Ross.  !

That's what I think.The only things ross might have composed are the more incidental cues,but new themes I doubt...

K.M.

BTW, I'm pretty sure track 3 is also a concert suite.

I was reported before there was a new theme for the bad guys and I suspect this is it. Anyone agree?

It sounds like it,it's too structured to be part of the actual score.

K.M.

Alan, what the hell are you talking about?  This is composed by John Williams.  Ross is just the arranger and adding some supplamental material here and there.  There would be none of this without John's themes in the first place and the stuff you hear that is like the original film is the stuff Ross is doing.  He's taking stuff of Williams and fitting it into the film.  There are NO new themes by Ross.  He isn't composing ANY new material.  Just arranging Williams's work!! Enough already!

i'm with you, ocelot. i think Williams wrote all the new themes as well as some score on top of that, and Ross simply ADAPTED (as the soundtrack says) what Williams wrote, old and new. he may have done the original score to some scenes, but i do think that Williams is the one who should be taking most of the credit here.

Ted