The Custom Covers Thread

@Steffromuk That Star Wars Anthology cover is masterful!  I've seen that Tom Jung art as a b&w sketch.  Did you color it, or did you find a color source?  I love it.

10 hours ago, Andy said:

@Steffromuk That Star Wars Anthology cover is masterful!  I've seen that Tom Jung art as a b&w sketch.  Did you color it, or did you find a color source?  I love it.

Thanks! I found a color source but it was in bad shape and I had to do some heavy restauration work on it and some AI upscale too, since the image was quite small, as you can see below.

image.png

2 hours ago, Laserschwert said:

I think the only thing I can't really get behind is the overlay dark, over-sharpened Struzan painting. In case you  need a better source, here you go:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NFE91LJIwFDk6TsAgXBnMX7zNVHQ0el1/view?usp=sharing

OH MY!!!! Thank you so much for this!!!!

I updated the cover.

11 hours ago, Steffromuk said:

an updated version of Shadows of the Empire with an enhanced artwork and I remade the title

39482301152_3c954fbe41_k.jpg

That's great work, although I did love the inclusion of Joel McM's signature on the original version... agh, decisions!

Here is my complete cover set for Ramin Djawadi's 3 Body Problem S1: https://flic.kr/s/aHBqjBibLE

I really like the show and thought that the art designs for the promotional material, including the character posters (which are often dull) were inventive so I tackled most of the available material. To access the covers click the Flickr link!

Skärmavbild 2024-04-05 kl. 00.42.05.png

Custom cover artist raferjanders at the Film Score Monthly board has provided some amazing custom art for La-La Land's exciting new Oliver Nelson twofer!

53628779936_41e95b9032_o.png

53628228667_cbf3276fb7_o.png

53626977966_b41087fc40_o.png

Oh yes, these will look nice in my iTunes...

Yavar

4 hours ago, raferjanders said:

The Rare Breed - I really like that, though feel some additional text is necessary - original soundtrack or somesuch?

Thank you. I've left it simple and ambiguous as I plan to use it for the Nic Raine conducted suite. But here is a version with 'Original Soundtrack'.

image.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
On 13/04/2024 at 10:11 PM, Steffromuk said:

SPECIES

53651885179_5144e0b919_k.jpg

Wow, where do you keep getting these incredible source images from?

I think it's great, the only thing that bothers me is that the "Pete" at the bottom right is hard to read. In such cases I always edit the source image so that the font stands out more and a certain distance to similar colors in the background is maintained. I try to avoid drop shadows as much as possible.

2 hours ago, heidl said:

Wow, where do you keep getting these incredible source images from?

I think it's great, the only thing that bothers me is that the "Pete" at the bottom right is hard to read. In such cases I always edit the source image so that the font stands out more and a certain distance to similar colors in the background is maintained. I try to avoid drop shadows as much as possible.

Thanks @heidl,

it's been corrected.

This visual is actually a collector action figure I found online. it looks better than the alien in the movie I think

species_species_gallery_65c4fb6926ffe.jpg

On 28/3/2024 at 12:57 AM, Laserschwert said:

I think the only thing I can't really get behind is the overlay dark, over-sharpened Struzan painting. In case you  need a better source, here you go:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NFE91LJIwFDk6TsAgXBnMX7zNVHQ0el1/view?usp=sharing

Do you have the covers for the Thrawn Trilogy with art by Tom Jung?