Which Unreleased Temple Cue Are You Anticipating Most?

crumbs

T E M P L E O F D O O M  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Which unreleased Temple cue are you anticipating most?

• Indy Negotiates
    • The Nightclub Brawl
    • Map/Out of Fuel
    • Indy and the Villagers
    • The Scroll/To Pankot Palace
    • The Secret Passage
    • Approaching the Stones
    • Short Round Escapes
    • Saving Willie
    • Short Round Helps (Underground Heroics)
    • Water!
    • The Sword Trick/The Bridge
    • The Broken Bridge/British Relief
    • Return to the Village/End Credits (Film Version)

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Short Round Helps (Underground Heroics), The Scroll/To Pankot Palace and The Broken Bridge/British Relief, and... each and every other previously unreleased cue. I think Temple cd is the one I am most eager to listen to in full ;)

The Scroll/To Pankot Palace.

I love the way the music builds from the moment Indy finds the statue in the jungle covered in blood to the arrival at Pankot Palace. Of course that's assuming all the music from that sequence will be on the CD.

I like the part in that cue when Indy's explaining fortune and glory to Shorty at night, and the music crescendos into the next day, as the expedition leaves for the Palace. Then we get the money shot, musically and visually, as the elephants march across the screen.

I can't pick just one. Temple of Doom is easily my favorite of the Indy scores. The OST presentation... Not so much.

I can't wait for the box set!

Though I'm leaning toward "The Broken Bridge/British Relief". I love the use of the choral material as Mola Ram tries to kill Indy.

Definitely Short Round Helps (Underground Chaos) for me, I used to listen to this soundtrack LP all the time as a kid and even then it just seemed like a gaping hole between Slave Children and Mine Car Chase. I have been wanting this music since 1984.

Return to the Villiage, and I actually did vote for it unlike the other two who mentioned it.

1)After Kate Capshaw sings Anything Goes there is some piano (elevator music I call it) in the background before the orchestra hits in on the negotiation-I wonder if this will be on the expanded CD-I really liked that single piano music and wonder if it was composed by JW

2)The Cue When Indiana, in the sacrificial chamber gets all the rocks together and the choral music builds to a wonderful crescendo-magnificent

3)The Cue When like Tarzan-like, Indiana uses overhead wires with his whip to try to get into the minecar

4)The Cue when the water cascades down the mine shaft then explodes into the valley-capshaw and shortround and indy precariously perched on the cliff edge as the water explodes out

5)The complete end credit music from when the elephant drenches indy and kate capshaw

I really hope these cues are on the new disc

1)After Kate Capshaw sings Anything Goes there is some piano (elevator music I call it) in the background before the orchestra hits in on the negotiation-I wonder if this will be on the expanded CD-I really liked that single piano music and wonder if it was composed by JW

Yeah, I love that too! But that's not elevator music. :rolleyes: JW doesn't compose elevator music!

That said, I'm pretty sure that was written by him because I think no song is credited at the end... I think all the source music is interesting in Temple of Doom. Like the Indian-sounding dinner music in the palace, which, I'm sure, was also written by JW!!

:thumbup:

Hi Jessie

Sorry I wasnt wishing to demean JW by saying elevator music--I was being complimentary-It does sound like hotel lobby music and quality at that

It sounds like high-class bar music! :rolleyes:

I would say "The Scroll/Trek to Pankot Palace", "Approaching the Stones", "Short Round Helps", the whole bridge sequence and "Return to the Village". In the end, I'd say I'm eager to hear the whole thing.

I still can't believe it's really coming.

I would say "The Scroll/Trek to Pankot Palace", "Approaching the Stones", "Short Round Helps", the whole bridge sequence and "Return to the Village". In the end, I'd say I'm eager to hear the whole thing.

I still can't believe it's really coming.

I almost wish I didn't have such a full bootleg version of ToD, so I could look forward to hearing these new tracks "officially" and in (hopefully) great quality for the first time.

Almost. ;)