John Williams: Unreleased and Incomplete

TownerFan

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, I see only Revenge of the Sith is mentioned (althought TPM is pretty much all available if you know where to look), not any of the Indy films either.

I think he pointed out only the major still-incomplete scores in the Williams' catalogue.

However, important titles to point out are imho Far and Away, Nixon, Empire of the Sun, Home Alone.

UPDATE: well, he also forgot the three Harry Potter scores, 1941, Jurassic Park and The Lost World. I'm sure he will update his list :lol:

Ah, I see only Revenge of the Sith is mentioned (althought TPM is pretty much all available if you know where to look), not any of the Indy films either.

Attack of the Clones was mentioned... it was the second one in the INCOMPLETE list just under AI.

All in all an interesting if incomplete list of Williams unreleased works

Harry Potter is not on the list .It's one of the more important ones

A.I. Always nice to pretend promos don't exist but it's inaccurate and you can find it mostly complete

I just sent an email to Scott pointing out some other incomplete scores that would need the expanded treatment :D

Something tells me the poor bastard is going to be receiving hundreds of such e-mails over the next few weeks... :mellow:

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned "Minority Report" yet; that album has got to be missing at least 20 minutes of music heard in the film. :D

On a sidenote, the Collector's Edition of CE3K is also missing the original, non-SE end titles music and the cue heard when Roy and his wife kiss at Crescendo Summit.

John Williams scored that deleted scene when the wife returned to Roy and apologised? :mellow:

You lost me.

PS: Gillian is not his wife :lol:

Thank you for stating the obvious. :D But it's even more obvious that in the film, he kisses more than one woman, and one of them is his wife, whose name I can't remember. Oh yeah, it was Ronnie! Anyway, when Roy takes the family out in the middle of the night to the spot (Crescendo Summit) where he saw the UFOs fly by, they embrace and kiss passionately while he's still staring off into space. The cue for that scene has, to my mind, never been released yet, not even on the Collector's Edition album.

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned "Minority Report" yet; that album has got to be missing at least 20 minutes of music heard in the film. :D

On a sidenote, the Collector's Edition of CE3K is also missing the original, non-SE end titles music and the cue heard when Roy and his wife kiss at Crescendo Summit.

The original end credits are available on the Varese Sarabande CD as well as the DVD-A release of the original score.

"The original end credits are available on the Varese Sarabande CD as well as the DVD-A release of the original score."

True, but it kind of sucks that the CE didn't include it. Maybe it was too much music for one disc; I certainly wouldn't have complained about a 2-CD Close Encounters!

I didn't enjoy that score until I heard it all properly assembled.

Neil

Yea, the commercial cd is really lacking. Promo impossible to get?

Unless you got a couple hundred bucks to pick it up off eBay.

Actually, there's a seller in the UK selling a few copies for about 20 dollas apiece; that's how I bought my copy. :D;) Only problem is, the guy hasn't answered my e-mail asking when he'll ship it. :D

Just type in "A.I. promo" to search, and I'm sure you'll find under the 'International sellers' category. Better hurry though.

Congratulations, you will probably be the proud owner of a CDR and not the actual promo.

Yeah, no use ignoring that. Better a CDR than nothing. :(

Well why pay $20 for a CDR when you can get the mp3's for free online and just burn that to a CDR?

I own the OST and have mps3's of the promo. I'm happy.

How is the quality of the Mp3's?

Well,if you find 320k ones then they sound fine. This was a real Academy Promo ,so it has real c.d. quality sound unlike all other Williams boots

Well why pay $20 for a CDR when you can get the mp3's for free online and just burn that to a CDR?

Because some of the mp3s I downloaded sounded horrible, and subsequently I went looking for higher-quality files. It damn sure wasn't easy, because it was almost a stroke of luck that I found the original (bad-sounding) download link on Rapidshare. Turned out to be a stroke of somewhat bad luck, I'm afraid.

Well, MP3's found online can be any quality ,like original 128k re-converted to 320k

if they were ripped in 320k from the original promo they should sound good

Because some of the mp3s I downloaded sounded horrible, and subsequently I went looking for higher-quality files. It damn sure wasn't easy, because it was almost a stroke of luck that I found the original (bad-sounding) download link on Rapidshare. Turned out to be a stroke of somewhat bad luck, I'm afraid.

Well, it's best to get them from someone that has good sounding files. Like me! I recently just opened my trade list to literally anyone who wants something from it. Check the link in my signature.

Can it be ripped from the rear channels of the DVD?

Didn't a member here put together a complete and chronological 2CD set with everything from the OST, promo, and film itself assembled nicely?

I wonder if JW knows people like us exist and want so much of his music...with each new soundtrack I believe more and more he is a horrible soundtrack producer. The commercial Crystal Skull is so bad...

I dunno, it represents the score much better than the ROTS or HP3 OSTS...

Really? I always like Azkaban's commercial release. Maybe I need to rewatch the movie and see what I'm missing! And I agree with you on Sith. I wish all that music had been released. Especially that opening battle..there's such good stuff.

I dunno, it represents the score much better than the ROTS or HP3 OSTS...

Really? I always like Azkaban's commercial release. Maybe I need to rewatch the movie and see what I'm missing! And I agree with you on Sith. I wish all that music had been released. Especially that opening battle..there's such good stuff.

Not to sound like THOR but I love the commercial release HP3. It's a great album. :(

It's not that the music on there is bad, but it's missing some very important music...

-Peter Pettigrew has his own (very cool) theme, that is completely absent from the OST

-The climactic cue, Rescuing Sirius, is also absent

-the most interesting section of Mischief Managed was microeditted out

It wouldn't have, actually. It's not like we got that rehashed music instead of other music.... for all the music identically to the earlier tracks, additional re-use fees didn't have to be paid on them, so it was essentially "free" for them to include that music on the CD

That's one place. It's heard in just about any scene he's talked about during. Mr Weasley's talk with Harry, the map scene, the overheard conversation at the pub...