So...

John Crichton

What did you do with the copy of Indy 4 that came with the new box set? Gave it away, spare copy, ritual CD roast?

I gave mine to my cousin, an Indy fan who also owns all of Williams' Potter CDs.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, well I'm just gonna keep it. I don't know anyone that likes scores aside from my brother. To give it to him would be pointless, since we share all our scores anyway. The only difference would be that it'd be in his room instead of mine.

I purposefully held out on buying the KOTCS CD knowing it would be with this box set. I didn't want to double dip and have a spare copy of it. So I don't have to worry about giving away a copy to anyone. :P

I'm keeping it. The memories I have of getting the OST will be always cherished. I still have the receit and the sticker than came on it in my photo album (which is borderline creepy). As for the new one, I could never break up a boxset like that. So I just have 2 copies of the KotCS OST.

I never opened the KOTCS CD included in the set; the digipak will just be a decorative part of the box set for now. I already had the music on my computer and ipod, and the digipak looks exactly like the old one, so I don't know what else to do with it (I don't like to give things away that I bought, but I might give the old CD to somebody who wants it one day and then use the box version).

I gave the older copy to my younger brother, who I have been training for months to like John Williams. So far, it is succeeding! I was watching a video of "Parade of the Slave Children" (a concert performance) on Youtube.com, and a person commented that he was leaving Target when he heard a child humming the Slave Childrens' Theme ( horribly off-key). Immediately, I suspected my brother, and after a sly interrogation of him, I found that it was indeed him! Small world. One can see the comment by typing "Parade of the Slave Children" at Youtube.com. It is one the first videos that are shown.

Are you crazy!! :P

Don't give away the Indy 4 Original Soundtrack! Hey, I bet in 10 years (or maybe just in 8) it's out of print, and then all you have is a digipack... and then the original will only be available in Japan, for $60.

I wouldn't give mine away! :)

I purposefully held out on buying the KOTCS CD knowing it would be with this box set. I didn't want to double dip and have a spare copy of it. So I don't have to worry about giving away a copy to anyone. :P

Me too. I'm glad I waited.

In other parts of the world, "digipak" was the only option.

Really? I didn't know that.

But I have a motto I live by: don't give away or sell any John Williams CDs. You might regret it. And so far I haven't. :P

Are you crazy!! :)

Don't give away the Indy 4 Original Soundtrack! Hey, I bet in 10 years (or maybe just in 8) it's out of print, and then all you have is a digipack... and then the original will only be available in Japan, for $60.

I wouldn't give mine away! :down:

Who knows? Perhaps in a 1000 years you will be worth something.

Are you crazy!! :)

I wouldn't give mine away! :down:

Who knows? Perhaps in a 1000 years you will be worth something.

He heheee...hheehehe

*son of a bitch*

I will dust of the copy I bought this summer, and then I will apply chaos theory.

I will lay them side by side, and see if they collect dust at the same rate.

I purposefully held out on buying the KOTCS CD knowing it would be with this box set. I didn\'t want to double dip and have a spare copy of it. So I don\'t have to worry about giving away a copy to anyone. :)

Me too :lol:

I will dust of the copy I bought this summer, and then I will apply chaos theory.

I will lay them side by side, and see if they collect dust at the same rate.

:lol:

I opened mine to check and see if there was any damage to the disc and to make sure it played.

I'm either going to sell my original copy of KOTCS or give it to my nephew, along with my old LC & TOD.

I ripped it last night to WAV last night with the four other discs because it was more convenient than digging out my original disc. Short of giving it to my dad or girlfriend, who won't enjoy it as much as the classic Indy scores, I think one of the two discs will be used as a trade-in at FYE or something.