FSM Sale

fommes

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I know, I have all of them - except Goodbye, Mr Chips - which is not in the sale.

Plus I just got me 100 Rifles last week for the full price...

Typical!

:)

I'm going to pick some Herrmann and Goldsmith though.

I still don't have any of Williams's old comedy scores (Goodbye, Mr. Chips is the earliest I've ventured). What might one recommend as a score representative of that era?

I guess I should get a real copy of Cat Dancing .It is the only post 1970 non adapted Williams score I don't have.

But not before my Indy box set is here

What do you guys think of Diamond Head, Not With My Wife You Don't, Guide for the Married Man, John Goldfarb Please Come Home, and Man Who Loved Cat Dancing? Also, how much do these normally cost?

They're usually around 20 bucks. You'd probably like Cat Dancing, it's a western in the vein of The Cowboys. You can't go wrong with the others, they're all just basically free form jazz. But I'd recommend Not With My Wife and Guide For The Married Man. John Goldfarb doesn't really have any standout cues. All of them, except Diamond Head, are limited too, so it's nice to own them.

They're usually around 20 bucks. You'd probably like Cat Dancing, it's a western in the vein of The Cowboys. You can't go wrong with the others, they're all just basically free form jazz. But I'd recommend Not With My Wife and Guide For The Married Man. John Goldfarb doesn't really have any standout cues. All of them, except Diamond Head, are limited too, so it's nice to own them.

Thanks, I must consider these.

I may be wrong, but I don't believe Not with My Wife, You Don't! / Any Wednesday is limited, either.

By the way, if the FSM server is down, you can listen to samples at wherehouse.com

Okay, so I've got some money, and I've decided I don't want to buy any Blu-rays, cause I've realized that I really won't watch them that often. Even if A Clockwork Orange is only $10.99 on Blu, well, maybe I will get that, cause it's f-ing cheap!!! But anyway, I kinda want to go on a score spree, I miss the days of going out and getting a bunch of CD's. I've got my eye on the recent deluxe edition of The Matrix, since I own Reloaded and Revolutions and for some reason never got the first. Any other recommendations of what I should get?

Okay, so I've got some money, and I've decided I don't want to buy any Blu-rays, cause I've realized that I really won't watch them that often.

You've just realised that? That's why don't buy movies on home video anymore unless it has an isolated score or something

Well the last movie I bought was like The Darjeeling Limited, or maybe I'm Not There. I stopped investing my money in buying movies awhile ago. I'm more of a saver. Recently I spent a lot on 3 PS3 games and the Indy set. But now I'm back to like $300, and want to do a little shopping.

So far I've got my eye on:

The Matrix Deluxe Edition - Don Davis

Battle Of Algiers - Ennio Morricone

J-ok'El - George Shaw

Milk - Danny Elfman

I will end up getting Defiance by Howard though, so I may just forget Milk to keep the price low.