Star Wars: A Musical Journey

Joe Brausam

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:) Did you look at the pictures? It's 6m5 Droid Battle from The Phantom Menace

can someone read on those stills any new edit to make in our files that we didnt knew???

lol :lol: .... oh sorry you were being serious :P

Hey aj_vader since the entire hand written score for The Phantom Menace was on display can you maybe type up the slate numbers and cue titles for The Phantom menace?

Exactly; He took pictures of the only pages that were on display

Did I completely miss it, or has nobody posted a list of all the selections played at the concert yet?

Hey aj_vader since the entire hand written score for The Phantom Menace was on display can you maybe type up the slate numbers and cue titles for The Phantom menace?

Hey Trent, im really sorry to get your (and others) hopes up, but there were only two pages on display. I was very disspointed by this myself. It's just two pages of the 'Droid Battle' sequence.

Very hard to take pictures as any flash just relects of the glass :P

Sorry

Exactly; He took pictures of the only pages that were on display

Did I completely miss it, or has nobody posted a list of all the selections played at the concert yet?

The narration by Anthony Daniels was also very very similar to the Narration done by Ian McDiarmid on Star Wars - A Musical Journey DVD.

To be honest I would easily prefered it in a Symphony Hall like The Bridgewater in Manchester (awsome acoustics). But was still very very enjoyable.

From what I remember it was -

'20th Century Fox Fanfare'

'Star Wars Main Titles/Theme' (the full concert arrangement from A New Hope)

'Duel Of The Fates' (as its presented on A Musical Journey DVD)

'Anakin's Theme' (as its presented on A Musical Journey DVD)

'The Flag Parade' (as its presented on TMP OST)

'Droids' (was basically 'The Little People Work' from A New Hope, the imperial theme was taken out though)

'Across The Stars' (as its presented on A Musical Journey DVD)

'Battle Of The Heroes' (as its presented on A Musical Journey DVD)

'The Imperial March' (as its presented on A Musical Journey DVD)

INTERVAL

'Clash Of The Lightsabers' or 'The Duel' (was arranged so just after the Vader Theme, it goes back to the intro with ominous strings and piano and dies out.)

'The Asteroid Field' (as its presented on A Musical Journey DVD, but at the end he included a quote of Han Solo and The Princess, then ended like the Concert Arrangement of 'The Asteroid Field')

'Leia's Theme' (as its presented on A Musical Journey DVD)

'Yoda's Theme' (as its presented on A Musical Journey DVD)

'Luke and Leia' (as its presented on A Musical Journey DVD)

'The Forest Battle' (as its presented on A Musical Journey DVD)

'Light Of The Force' (as its presented on A Musical Journey DVD)

'Throne Room and Finale/End Credits' (as its presented in ROTS OST Ending Credits and the Skywalker Symphony Concert version)

THE END

Luke and Leia? Yuck.

Not that's not a nice theme on its own, but come on, it plays in exactly 2 scenes in the entire 6-film series

Luke and Leia? Yuck.

Not that's not a nice theme on its own, but come on, it plays in exactly 2 scenes in the entire 6-film series

Totally Agree with you.

Also no Emperor's Theme, the version where he fires force lightning at Luke is amazing, was really hoping to hear that. :P

Was hoping for The Arena from AOTC and The Finale of AOTC (love the way Across the Stars bursts out of The Imperial March)

No Battle Of Hoth or Yavin, just the Forest Battle :)

So basically this concert features music we've already heard with no real changes that might make for an interesting evening?

No thanks Lucasfilm, you won't get a dime from me on this one.

Well, it means that Williams "remembers" the Han Solo and the Princess theme.

"oh yeah ,THAT love theme"

I still need confirmation it was really in there...are you sure AJ?

:) Did you look at the pictures? It's 6m5 Droid Battle from The Phantom Menace

can someone read on those stills any new edit to make in our files that we didnt knew???

lol :lol: .... oh sorry you were being serious :P

I was half serious ;)

Well,pictures of the complete manuscripts would have revealed a lot about our edits and how close we are to the composed version

Well,pictures of the complete manuscripts would have revealed a lot about our edits and how close we are to the composed version

i did ask the guy who was opening the glass doors for sky news if there was anymore of the score, he said no theres only whats on show :(

that's why i was half serious, maybe those two pages contained some useful information.

Real shame they couldnt put a replica copy on display for people to touch and turn on pages..

that's why i was half serious, maybe those two pages contained some useful information.

Real shame they couldnt put a replica copy on display for people to touch and turn on pages..

thats what i was expecting there to be :(

Especially the droid battle , it's somewhere after that that I think there might be an action cue we never heard before. It's where we stick that "pod race music" were not sure where it goes.

Especially the droid battle , it's somewhere after that that I think there might be an action cue we never heard before. It's where we stick that "pod race music" were not sure where it goes.

6m6 is 'Up The Wire', 6m7 is 'The Great Duel'. After that it's a little hazy.

i did ask the guy who was opening the glass doors for sky news if there was anymore of the score, he said no theres only whats on show :folder:

so, there were only two pages on display?

The reports said that the whole 900 page manuspcript was there

Luke and Leia? Yuck.

But by that logic, The Asteroid Field only plays in one scene in the entire saga, while featuring a theme that already has its own arrangement, yet people would be screaming bloody murder if it was taken out.

I'd much rather have Luke and Leia than, say, The Forest Battle. Then again, there are a whole host of pieces I would have liked instead of the standard musical journey arrangements.

i was very dissapointed that there were only one peice from AOTC and ROTS

they had a choir! Anakin's Betrayal would have been awsome!

and Quigons funeral!

i did ask the guy who was opening the glass doors for sky news if there was anymore of the score, he said no theres only whats on show :folder:

so, there were only two pages on display?

The reports said that the whole 900 page manuspcript was there

i know! it sux, they lied to us :(

There were actually three pages of the manuscript on display (which is still closer to two than nine hundred, I suppose). Because most people seemed more interested in the costumes and other props, I was able to get a reasonably unobstructed photo of the whole thing in the glass cabinet, as well as a closer detail of the first few bars. I will post the photos if I can work out how to, but I am a bit of a luddite when it comes to such things so don't hold your breath. It was fun to see some of Williams's random annotations, e.g. SHRILL!! circled above the flute and piccolo staves.

oh wow this sounds amazing. although, like some i am disappointed with the lack of selections from RotS and AotC =[. Take out some of the pieces from Phantom and put in the Arena and definitely Anakin's Betrayal its too powerful and significant of the prequels to be left out.

And hi everyone!! :folder: Happy Easter =]

You will see below either two red x's, two blue question marks or, in the best case scenario, two photos of John Williams' manuscript score for the Droid Battle from Phantom Menace. Honestly, a chimpanzee would have worked out how to link to these photos more quickly than I have.

DSC00081.jpg

DSC00080.jpg

Oh, and Happy Easter to you too, JWfangirl1992.

:wave:

EDIT: Dang, how do I make the pictures bigger?

EDIT 2: Are they any bigger now? You should be able to see the notes quite clearly in the first one if I've done it right. If it's still rubbish, I would be happy to PM them to anyone skilled enough to make them the appropriate size.

wait a minute - that is not Williams own handwriting , now is it? This is the font of Conrad Pope - it surely must have said above the name of the composer (as it is usual with every handwritten filmscores I know)

I don't think this is anything special - well it is great to see, but this really isn't anything new.. it is a cue that is on the original album.

EDIT - No wait

There actually IS a difference to the OST version - or these scoresheets are not in the right order - randomly displayed. but I can see woodwind flourishes/trills written but not played, on page 2 if I am not mistaken

Datameister you are good in reading scores where are u? :wave:

Someone who can read music needs to study that second picture in detail

I don't think there's anything we didn't already know about this cue. The whole thing is on the OST. The slate number, 6m5, confirms the sequence of cues most people already adhere to: "The Droid Battle," "Up the Wire" (likely entering right on the last note of "Droid Battle"), then "The Great Dual."